8-AAA

OldEagleEye

5 hours ago, oldschoolhoops said:

Agree- I think their challenge will be diversifying offense. They have plenty of fire power- they need to utilize all of it.

Their top 3 scorers all averaged double figures last year are going to combine for 40-50 a night consistently, but they can become one dimensional at times. Against the majority of the schedule it won't bite them. But, in the games that matter, it could.  They have outstanding guard play. Getting a solid contribution in the post will be key. This is the most experience and talent CC has had in a while. They should do very well in district play, but that's why they play the games.

Edited by PEARLBALL

OK, I stand corrected, my girls may be in for a long season. We really struggled last night at Cannon. Mccord was the only bright spot, we gave up 60 to a mediocre AA team. We will come in 4th at best. I say it will be a 3 way battle between Coffee, Tullahoma and Franklin Co. 

Edited by OldEagleEye

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, OldEagleEye said:

Is the Duncan girl hurt for Tullahoma? Just saw where they were 0-5, they went to region last year and got everyone back, this is a shock. ALSUP, ALSUP, ALSUP!!!!!!!

They did go to region last year as a lower seed after two district tourney blowouts of 20+ points.

For what it's worth, their schedule looks fairly strong to me. They have played some solid teams(Central Magnet and Cannon usually present fairly solid AA teams and Grandstaff's Oakland teams almost always bring quality challenge, I'd like to see more 8AAA teams scheduling them).

I guess they could have scheduled cupcake games to pad the record so they'd be 5-0 right now, but maybe these early losses will serve them better down the road. New coach has his work cut out for him regardless of how many players return- new team, new coach, new system. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Ultimately, Tullahoma is not my "home team", but it will be interesting to see how the season shakes out for them.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:31 AM, OldEagleEye said:

OK, I stand corrected, my girls may be in for a long season. We really struggled last night at Cannon. Mccord was the only bright spot, we gave up 60 to a mediocre AA team. We will come in 4th at best. I say it will be a 3 way battle between Coffee, Tullahoma and Franklin Co. 

Don't judge your season based on Cannon.   That is a good team.  They are well coached.  They have long athletic guards and they can shoot the ball.  They will win alot of games this year.