8-AAA

OldEagleEye

21 minutes ago, EagleOldEyes said:

I do think our rebels would be much better had we kept some of the girls that went to Huntland.  

As far as I know, we have only lost 2 girls to huntland - one last year and the other2 years ago.  I only know one of them and she's a great kid and heck of a ball player and I hated to see her go, but unfortunately her parents constantly tell her that she knows more than the coach does and not to do what he says.  That hurts a team so much.  I know not all coaches are good, but even a bad coach is still your coach and you have to believe in and work his program not your own if you want to build a team. 

On 3/19/2019 at 8:57 PM, BamaBoy32 said:

The elementary coach's name is Amber George. She is a former assistant at Sewanee. It wouldn't be a smart move on her part especially since I believe she was kind of screwed over with the softball spot at FC before, that's why Holt has it right now. 

Holt loves getting his buddy Don Rhoton to give him all those coaching jobs.  

6 hours ago, OldEagleEye said:

Does anyone have any predictions on how the district finishes next season - here is mine 

1 Coffee

2. Lincoln

3. Tullahoma 

4. Shelbyville 

5. Lawrence

6. Franklin Co

7. Columbia

Agree with your order of finish OldEagleEye.  Top 3 should be a dogfight with the regular season champ losing possibly 2 or 3 and even a tiebreaker to determine champ.   Tullahoma and Lincoln return everyone but Coffee, returning 3 starters including last years MVP, still should be the favorite until someone knocks them off.   Shelbyville could be improved but still behind top 3 while Franklin and Lawrence would both need a lot of improvement to catch up.  Columbia still bringing up the rear.  

1 minute ago, Commodorefan said:

Agree with your order of finish OldEagleEye.  Top 3 should be a dogfight with the regular season champ losing possibly 2 or 3 and even a tiebreaker to determine champ.   Tullahoma and Lincoln return everyone but Coffee, returning 3 starters including last years MVP, still should be the favorite until someone knocks them off.   Shelbyville could be improved but still behind top 3 while Franklin and Lawrence would both need a lot of improvement to catch up.  Columbia still bringing up the rear.  

Think my FC team finishes that low?  A coaching change might help the program.  I think Lincoln will be best team but Coffee County will also be very good.  Tullahoma won the tournament but they will be behind Lincoln and Coffee.  I do think Lawrence county will be good after seeing them play at our place in the district tournament.  I hope my Rebels can make a top four finish.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:26 PM, PEARLBALL said:

I don’t mean to kick a coach when they are down, but FC has gotten progressively worse the past 3-4 years. This year looked like the girls flat out quit on him. Can’t see Southern or any other coach who has any kind of team returning making the jump to FC. Holt is probably their best option. Based on his Motlow days, his demeanor probably suits the girls too. 

I just think it is funny that you say they have gotten worse. From what, Tom Insell? I would have thought that last year winning 20 games would be a pretty good season. Worse, if you say so. 

19 hours ago, BamaBoy32 said:

I just think it is funny that you say they have gotten worse. From what, Tom Insell? I would have thought that last year winning 20 games would be a pretty good season. Worse, if you say so. 

Not worse maybe the same each year. I think Coach Helton did a very good job and I hope the best for him.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:07 PM, BamaBoy32 said:

I do say so. They have gotten progressively worse in each of the past 3 years and have had enough raw talent  to win in this district. “Winning”  meaning a district title or at least playing for one. Herb Horton won 20 games at CC 3 seasons ago, but won nothing and didn’t beat anyone of consequence. 20 wins doesnt necessarily equal success. On top of that, he had a bad attitude. Sorry to ruffle some feathers, but your boy didn’t do a good job. 

23 hours ago, PEARLBALL said:

I do say so. They have gotten progressively worse in each of the past 3 years and have had enough raw talent  to win in this district. “Winning”  meaning a district title or at least playing for one. Herb Horton won 20 games at CC 3 seasons ago, but won nothing and didn’t beat anyone of consequence. 20 wins doesnt necessarily equal success. On top of that, he had a bad attitude. Sorry to ruffle some feathers, but your boy didn’t do a good job. 

Like I said, if you say so. I have watched them play different times over the past 2 years. Every time I saw them it looked like they struggled to score. That doesn't mean that they did have open shots or the philosophy was bad, they couldn't hit layups. The coach has nothing to do with that. What the coach has to do with is getting kids into position to score, but the coach can't shoot the shots for the kids. As far as Helton's attitude, if telling kids the truth and not putting up with bullcrap out of kids is a bad attitude, then yeah I guess he did. Now as far as ruffling feathers, I am not a bird so that's not an issue. We agree to disagree and that's it. Move one. 

14 hours ago, BamaBoy32 said:

Like I said, if you say so. I have watched them play different times over the past 2 years. Every time I saw them it looked like they struggled to score. That doesn't mean that they did have open shots or the philosophy was bad, they couldn't hit layups. The coach has nothing to do with that. What the coach has to do with is getting kids into position to score, but the coach can't shoot the shots for the kids. As far as Helton's attitude, if telling kids the truth and not putting up with bullcrap out of kids is a bad attitude, then yeah I guess he did. Now as far as ruffling feathers, I am not a bird so that's not an issue. We agree to disagree and that's it. Move one. 

I would also say going to the region almost every year is a good thing. Coach did a good job I’m interested to see who they can replace him with.