New club team

TeeterTot

Congrats to TPV, who added some important older kids. They have enough pieces in place now to win at the Open level, and maybe even field the best 16s and 18s teams in the state.  Practice started this week, which also means these teams should be ahead of the rest in those early January / February events.

5 hours ago, Osage said:

Congrats to TPV, who added some important older kids. They have enough pieces in place now to win at the Open level, and maybe even field the best 16s and 18s teams in the state.  Practice started this week, which also means these teams should be ahead of the rest in those early January / February events.

If TPV backs up what they told those girls (different way of training, a tougher TPV schedule), there will be an even larger exodus to TPV next year.  It's up to Dan and his team to deliver because the spotlight just got brighter.

On 10/31/2018 at 8:57 AM, Osage said:

That's good news.

22 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

If TPV backs up what they told those girls (different way of training, a tougher TPV schedule), there will be an even larger exodus to TPV next year.  It's up to Dan and his team to deliver because the spotlight just got brighter.

It was going to be a larger exodus anyway after seeing so many high profile girls leave.  I think that caught many people by surprise.

8 minutes ago, JDB2018 said:

It was going to be a larger exodus anyway after seeing so many high profile girls leave.  I think that caught many people by surprise.

TPV gained the best 16 y/o hitter and defensive player in the state (possibly in the south).  The tallest 16 y/o setter who is getting big time college looks.  The best 15 y/o outside hitter in the state (possibly the best right side in the south) who i heard could be playing on that 16 y/o team too.  That's four players who moved that have power conference schools looking at them.  

2 hours ago, Osage said:

The Brentwood right side has power conference offers? As a hitter?

No.  I didn't say offers.  I said "have power conference schools looking at them."  I've been told she's received letters from Big 10 and ACC schools.  Far from offers but worth noting. 

Edited by TeeterTot

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Power Conference schools who are truly interested in freshmen ARE (or in the next few months, WILL BE) offering 2022's, even though the new rules say they can have no recruiting conversations with them until their Junior year.

I made an unwarranted logical leap.

Edited by Osage
edited because I am terrible at Math

There is no doubt that this will require Alliance to step up their game.  As usual there will be players that come back and others that will leave.   I hope both clubs are successful, it only helps the sport out.  I think Alliance has done a really good job overall.  It will be interesting to see how TPV handles the expense of A-game.  Maybe the finances are way different now because of the sale, but the overhead of the building is just brutal.  I would be interested in knowing why the 16's kids left?  Did they not like their coach?  Unhappy with alliance? Facility?  I know a few of them are playing free...is that the main reason? 

On 11/2/2018 at 2:39 PM, clifford20 said:

There is no doubt that this will require Alliance to step up their game.  As usual there will be players that come back and others that will leave.   I hope both clubs are successful, it only helps the sport out.  I think Alliance has done a really good job overall.  It will be interesting to see how TPV handles the expense of A-game.  Maybe the finances are way different now because of the sale, but the overhead of the building is just brutal.  I would be interested in knowing why the 16's kids left?  Did they not like their coach?  Unhappy with alliance? Facility?  I know a few of them are playing free...is that the main reason? 

I don't think a blanket statement can be made about why theses young ladies decided to move.  I would say they all have their own reasons.