New club team

TeeterTot

On 3/30/2019 at 11:10 AM, Apostle said:

But, as Osage, Summary Judgment and Clifford have stated, we haven’t had the upper level training or “in-game” coaching (perhaps TPV will prove that different) for consistent Top 10 finishes.  Placing “non-competitive” game coaches and/or the politics of playing a lineup that does not provide the best chance to win has hindered these opportunities several times. Kudos to last year’s Alliance 18’s National Championship in CALIF (even if it was not an Open division – they beat everyone put in front of them)!  And, that team was coached by their top Coach and now Club Director - she demands the best from her players.

That same coach/director (who does not coach a team now) was recently called out at a program parents meeting about her not traveling to tournaments.  She had "prior obligations" but now plans to attend away tournaments.  

2 hours ago, Osage said:

Agree with Apostle here.

Let's be honest... among the upper level older players (high school age, anyway) what's left at Alliance that TPV would want? Probably one kid of the 16's, at least one, maybe 2 off the 15's. Beyond those, when you talk about kids who are potential candidates to play for Top 40 D1 schools, Alliance does't really have them anymore. Which creates an interesting situation for both clubs.

One player for sure from this years Alliance 16-1 will. 

The 15's are a toss up because that age group is weak.  The strongest 15 in the state plays on TPV's 16 Alpha team so unless she's asked to play on the 16's again next year (very doubtful) , I can see 1, maybe 2 players from that age group move to TPV.  If she's asked to play 16's again, that number could go up to 3-4 players.  

14's in the area are weak.  That's the group you have seen the most movement between clubs the past two years.  None of the top TPV players will go back to Alliance in this age group.

13's are interesting and could be the age group that defines these two clubs.  MidTN dominates and Alliance parents see that and are questioning the direction of their team compared to last years performance.  TPV has a couple of strong pieces at this age group but not nearly enough, if a couple players move from Alliance to MidTN or TPV, that will mean big trouble for the future of Alliance.

These are only my opinions, but my educated opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

the other thread was specific to TN Club volleyball 2019. That's where, for example, Apostle was keeping up with AES rankings, and we were commenting on those. This thread lost a page or 2 as well, making me wonder what all was deleted, and why.

Anyhow, congrats (again) to TT's team on another outstanding weekend. The win vs. the 18's team was especially impressive.

23 hours ago, Osage said:

the other thread was specific to TN Club volleyball 2019. That's where, for example, Apostle was keeping up with AES rankings, and we were commenting on those. This thread lost a page or 2 as well, making me wonder what all was deleted, and why.

Anyhow, congrats (again) to TT's team on another outstanding weekend. The win vs. the 18's team was especially impressive.

Girls played well.  The two games against 18 Paragon were amazing to watch.  both games went three sets and at one point it was 7 people deep watching the games.  Great atmosphere for sure.

Been saying that team was the real #1 18's team. My concern about the other group was that it was constituted to look good in warm-ups and on paper, but once the whistle sounded, I thought they would have first contact challenges.

Having said that, I am surprised that they've struggled as much as they have. Took a quick look at AES just now, and I can't find a single result to be proud of.

1 hour ago, clifford20 said:

you talking about the 18's TPV team Osage? 

No,  16 Alpha lost two games in three sets to 18 Paragon (17-25, 32-30, 15-12 and 17-25, 25-23, 15-12).  16 Alpha beat 18 Bravo in three sets(20-25, 25-17, 15-8)

Right now, Paragon is a better team, especially on first touch.

I was making a comparison between the top 2 TPV 18's teams. My expectations were not that high for the Bravo team. Even so, the season seems to have been a bigger struggle for them than I expected.

With end of year school events and college pending (for some), it's hard to hold an 18's team together that is limping to end of the schedule.