Franklin-Grace @ Wayne County first round

wildcat89

1 minute ago, wildcat89 said:

I heard they did. Bruceton isn't very big but got quiet a bit of speed, if they can get the corner they're hard to catch. Their line isn't very good

Grace defense is suspect. They have give up a lot of points but their offense can score quick. Have to play your assignments against them on D. QB can throw and run. Y'all should win I say by maybe 20 but I wouldn't go with Ambassador prediction of a blow out. It could happen but you'll need a few turnovers from them. 

30 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Grace defense is suspect. They have give up a lot of points but their offense can score quick. Have to play your assignments against them on D. QB can throw and run. Y'all should win I say by maybe 20 but I wouldn't go with Ambassador prediction of a blow out. It could happen but you'll need a few turnovers from them. 

Wc's defense has been playing great the last three games, returned most of the injured boys and the blocking has been outstanding by the line as well as the backs. I may be off on my numbers a little but WC QB has rushed for 548 yards in the last two games and WC as a team rushed for 524 yards last night 

47 minutes ago, Rings said:

Defense will have to continue to play fast. Grace qb seems to be all over the place. Seems to be a good passer and runner. Also, has the recievers to throw to. I look for this to be a good game. Hopefully we don't get in a shootout!

I hope not, the line should handle theirs but better play disciplined football or like you said, the QB will run right by them, he's shifty! I'm just excited to be playing somebody our boys have never played. One question though, are they not private? And if they are, how are they still in 1A? Not complaining just curious because I thought they all either had to move to 2A or go all private

2 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

I hope not, the line should handle theirs but better play disciplined football or like you said, the QB will run right by them, he's shifty! I'm just excited to be playing somebody our boys have never played. One question though, are they not private? And if they are, how are they still in 1A? Not complaining just curious because I thought they all either had to move to 2A or go all private

Hey Wildcat! It's been a long tough season. Ive been keeping up with WC and glad to hear y'all are getting healthy at playoff time.

The ruling on privates as I understand it is that a school cannot offer work study programs and remain in division 1. There is at least one other private school team that I know of who did not move to D2 and that is Columbia Academy.

I hope WC stays healthy and makes a run. Good luck!

5 hours ago, carguy59 said:

Hey Wildcat! It's been a long tough season. Ive been keeping up with WC and glad to hear y'all are getting healthy at playoff time.

The ruling on privates as I understand it is that a school cannot offer work study programs and remain in division 1. There is at least one other private school team that I know of who did not move to D2 and that is Columbia Academy.

I hope WC stays healthy and makes a run. Good luck!

But Columbia Academy moved up to 2A, thought that was the rule if you didn't go private. Wish y'all the best of luck also in the playoffs!

27 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

But Columbia Academy moved up to 2A, thought that was the rule if you didn't go private. Wish y'all the best of luck also in the playoffs!

They didn’t actually change the enrollment multiplier. It was just a coincidence that the enrollment of all the private schools around us increased to the point that they went D2 or 2A. Franklin Grace is a small, new private school. I’m pretty sure this is their first playoff game.

QB is dual threat and a very good player. The best QB we’ve played this year outside of Huntingdon.

Hate to post on this thread, but have y'all seen where Mt Pleasant principal has sent a letter to tssaa  requesting the Tigers get that open spot in the east against greenback?  What in the world is this guy thinking? I've heard he's got a lot of parents and fans contacting the tssaa. What a joke on top of a joke. 

15 minutes ago, Rings said:

Hate to post on this thread, but have y'all seen where Mt Pleasant principal has sent a letter to tssaa  requesting the Tigers get that open spot in the east against greenback?  What in the world is this guy thinking? I've heard he's got a lot of parents and fans contacting the tssaa. What a joke on top of a joke. 

I seen it, apparently there's an odd number of teams and greenback has a bye week. My thing about the situation is what about all the other 5th place teams in the state, is their not 8 of them in 1A? I also think it's bad when a 7-3 team sits home while a 2-8 team gets in but that's the system and it needs to be stuck to. Not bashing on mtp in any way but this would stir up more than they can handle, they being the tsssa