White House Vs Chester County

LocoLupe

I agree that Haywood is the more athletically gifted team than Obion.  But, the final score in their contest a couple of weeks ago is a little deceiving.  Obion had the ball inside the Haywood 10 twice in the first half and didn't convert.  That is a credit to Haywood's very stout defense.  Also, in the 2nd half, a couple of Obion turnovers (a fumble and an int) deep in their own territory gave Haywood a short field for two scores.  Again, kudos to Haywood's defense for forcing turnovers and converting on offense.  They were the better team at the end of the game.  Period.  But, it could have easily been 14-13 OC or 13-7 HC at the half, then without those two turnovers, possibly a 21-14 score heading into the 4th quarter.  With any game, when you are outmanned, you try to get to the 4th quarter within striking distance; you give yourselves a chance.  A couple of plays here and there, and OC would have been right there.  Again, this is not taking away from Haywood.  Deservedly, they are the best team in our region, and they are the class of West Tennessee AAAA.  They will quite possibly will be playing for the gold ball in December- with a good chance to bring it home.         

I'm not saying that Haywood wont win by 50; but I'm also not conceding that it's an easy victory against an OC team that plays ball control, and if they can take care of the ball and get a few defensive stops, it could be a slugfest.

All that said, on paper, Haywood should take OC to the woodshed.  Good thing the game is played on the field.  Good luck to both teams for a hard-fought, injury-free contest!

Side note: Region 7AAAA is one of only 3 statewide in all public classifications to sweep in Round 1.  Great job by 4 class-act coaches and teams.  Congrats!       

Edited by PowerSet

1 hour ago, PowerSet said:

I agree that Haywood is the more athletically gifted team than Obion.  But, the final score in their contest a couple of weeks ago is a little deceiving.  Obion had the ball inside the Haywood 10 twice in the first half and didn't convert.  That is a credit to Haywood's very stout defense.  Also, in the 2nd half, a couple of Obion turnovers (a fumble and an int) deep in their own territory gave Haywood a short field for two scores.  Again, kudos to Haywood's defense for forcing turnovers and converting on offense.  They were the better team at the end of the game.  Period.  But, it could have easily been 14-13 OC or 13-7 HC at the half, then without those two turnovers, possibly a 21-14 score heading into the 4th quarter.  With any game, when you are outmanned, you try to get to the 4th quarter within striking distance; you give yourselves a chance.  A couple of plays here and there, and OC would have been right there.  Again, this is not taking away from Haywood.  Deservedly, they are the best team in our region, and they are the class of West Tennessee AAAA.  They will quite possibly will be playing for the gold ball in December- with a good chance to bring it home.         

I'm not saying that Haywood wont win by 50; but I'm also not conceding that it's an easy victory against an OC team that plays ball control, and if they can take care of the ball and get a few defensive stops, it could be a slugfest.

All that said, on paper, Haywood should take OC to the woodshed.  Good thing the game is played on the field.  Good luck to both teams for a hard-fought, injury-free contest!

Side note: Region 7AAAA is one of only 3 statewide in all public classifications to sweep in Round 1.  Great job by 4 class-act coaches and teams.  Congrats!       

Well said PowerSet!! White House almost learned the hard way on Friday night about exactly what you are talking about. Luckily they squeaked by and move on though.

2 hours ago, PowerSet said:

I agree, I'm looking forward to a great play off games! My prediction Haywood 35 Obion 17

On 11/4/2017 at 8:54 AM, TryNotToSuck said:

And Incase you’re curious, Haywood is 4 TD’s better than South Side and would mercy rule Chester.

Ohhh here we go.. I thought people would learn to not to mess with WH on here. I could care less about Haywood. we just take care of business one week at a time and my boys don’t back down from nobody. Plenty of teams have said they are three touchdowns better than us but on Friday you still have to line up and play 4 quarters with the devils. On a bunch of kids that refuse to lose every single night. You know how many kids would fold it up after being down 25 to 6 at half. These kids never quit and will play with anybody. But the kids are worried about Jackson. Good luck in the playoffs. See you soon ;)

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, LocoLupe said:

What part of west TN do you live at? Does anyone know If Coach Newsome is still coaching at Dyersburg? He was my running backs coach at White House.

Newsome is still at Dyersburg...Talked to the HC there today and scared him to death when I asked! Had to assure him that I hadn't heard any rumors...LOL!!!