Adamsville invades Fairley

cardfan

48 minutes ago, 9oldschool5 said:

I'm ok with a bend but don't break mentality when your playing a good team who can mix up the run/ pass like y'all Peabody did. It appeared that way from sideline but you guys like you say prob just stalled out inside red zone and it wasn't as much about not breaking as I thought. The wet field def. had a lot to do with it. You are correct Aville was 1 dimensional and cannot be in the playoffs. I hear several are banged up and may not play this week. To which I say it wouldn't surprise me if this were the end of the run. We got to toughen up and play thru pain because for 99.5% of the seniors this could be their last ever game. Got to be curt schilling bloody sock kinda bold. Peabody absolutely stuck the dagger in Aville on the spot passTD to the Lamborghini at wideout and the go route TD to same super car I think. Those two plays broke our back. Peabody adjusted at halftime we didn't appear to. Maybe, maybe see ya next week! Good game.

That exotic sports car is 15 too,he is Noah Hallbrooke,and a great young man!Thanks Good luck to all the rregion this week!!!ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

1 hour ago, 9oldschool5 said:

I'm ok with a bend but don't break mentality when your playing a good team who can mix up the run/ pass like y'all Peabody did. It appeared that way from sideline but you guys like you say prob just stalled out inside red zone and it wasn't as much about not breaking as I thought. The wet field def. had a lot to do with it. You are correct Aville was 1 dimensional and cannot be in the playoffs. I hear several are banged up and may not play this week. To which I say it wouldn't surprise me if this were the end of the run. We got to toughen up and play thru pain because for 99.5% of the seniors this could be their last ever game. Got to be curt schilling bloody sock kinda bold. Peabody absolutely stuck the dagger in Aville on the spot passTD to the Lamborghini at wideout and the go route TD to same super car I think. Those two plays broke our back. Peabody adjusted at halftime we didn't appear to. Maybe, maybe see ya next week! Good game.

I truly believe A VILLE wins this first round of the playoffs!!!I think you will have to pull out all the stops though!!!

3 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I know this is an Adamsville thread but what do you know about Peabody’s opponent, Memphis Mitchell? 

A lot of hype about them at the beginning of the year. They were supposed to be the team to beat out of Memphis in 2A. They even played whitehaven tough in the first game of the year. But since then the wheels have fallen off. They haven't beaten a team with a winning record all year and have struggled to score points at times against bad competition. You guys should win by several scores. 

Memphis guy here. Let me start out by saying that I have NOT seen Fairley play. So I don't know what kind of offense they run nor do I know what kimd of defense they run. Let me start with that. 

Now, let me tell you what I do know. Fairley was 2-8 in 2015. They were 2-9 in 2016. I didn't go back any further because they have been dismal for a while. What changed? They got a new HC. His name is Gene Robinson. Gene is a Whitehaven graduate who went on to play college ball at the University of North Carolina as a DB. He started his Jr. and Sr. years at UNC. Upon graduation, which hasn't been too long ago, maybe four years I guess, give or take a year or two, Gene returned to Memphis, where he got into teaching and became a coach on the Whitehevan football team. He coached DBs and other things. He also has a summer camp here in Memphis where he has local guys who are now in the NFL or playing D1 colloege ball, come to Memphis and help support his camp. It has been really successful, and last year's camp had something like 150 participants, or something like that. The camp is called ... "Do the Right Thing". It's a football camp.

Gene got the HC job at Fairley this past summer right before his camp opened. He took one of the Whitehaven coaches with him  ... coach Banks who was the WR coach at Whitehaven. I remember seeing a lot of coach Banks tweets over the summer about how he was working with the WRs and what not. I know Whitehaven misses BOTH.

I don't know how Fairley will do this post season. Winning like this is all new to the players. It is not new to coach Robinson and to coach Banks, who is the Offensive Coordinator. They have both been endoctrinated on winning football while working on the Whithaven coaching staff. I wouldn't be surprised if Gene isn't the Defensive Coordinator. Gene learned under the Whitehaven Defensive Coordinator, Errol Harmon, who I think is one of the best in the state. Gene has been prepared for this.

I'll put it like this. As long as Gene is the HC at Fairley ... they will be a force to be recoknoed with. No one I know expected this from Fairley. However, those of us Whitehaven folk who know of Gene and his background aren't surprised at all. He's a real go getter. He's off of the Whitehaven (Rodney Saulsberry) coaching tree.

I'm expecting Fairley to win, but I won't be shocked if they lose. You have to learn how to win in the post season. It's different then the regular season. I don't think Fairley's record is a fluke either. They are coached by a good young coach. They will only get better. Especially since Region 8, 2A has gotten better with a good Douglass team to go along with Mitchell. We may just see another Memphis team win a gold ball in 2A in the near future if this keeps up.

Edited by kwc

26 minutes ago, kwc said:

Memphis guy here. Let me start out by saying that I have NOT seen Fairley play. So I don't know what kind of offense they run nor do I know what kimd of defense they run. Let me start with that. 

Now, let me tell you what I do know. Fairley was 2-8 in 2015. They were 2-9 in 2016. I didn't go back any further because they have been dismal for a while. What changed? They got a new HC. His name is Gene Robinson. Gene is a Whitehaven graduate who went on to play college ball at the University of North Carolina as a DB. He started his Jr. and Sr. years at UNC. Upon graduation, which hasn't been too long ago, maybe four years I guess, give or take a year or two, Gene returned to Memphis, where he got into teaching and became a coach on the Whitehevan football team. He coached DBs and other things. He also has a summer camp here in Memphis where he has local guys who are now in the NFL or playing D1 colloege ball, come to Memphis and help support his camp. It has been really successful, and last year's camp had something like 150 participants, or something like that. The camp is called ... "Do the Right Thing". It's a football camp.

Gene got the HC job at Fairley this past summer right before his camp opened. He took one of the Whitehaven coaches with him  ... coach Banks who was the WR coach at Whitehaven. I remember seeing a lot of coach Banks tweets over the summer about how he was working with the WRs and what not. I know Whitehaven misses BOTH.

I don't know how Fairley will do this post season. Winning like this is all new to the players. It is not new to coach Robinson and to coach Banks, who is the Offensive Coordinator. They have both been endoctrinated on winning football while working on the Whithaven coaching staff. I wouldn't be surprised if Gene isn't the Defensive Coordinator. Gene learned under the Whitehaven Defensive Coordinator, Errol Harmon, who I think is one of the best in the state. Gene has been prepared for this.

I'll put it like this. As long as Gene is the HC at Fairley ... they will be a force to be recoknoed with. No one I know expected this from Fairley. However, those of us Whitehaven folk who know of Gene and his background aren't surprised at all. He's a real go getter. He's off of the Whitehaven (Rodney Saulsberry) coaching tree.

I'm expecting Fairley to win, but I won't be shocked if they lose. You have to learn how to win in the post season. It's different then the regular season. I don't think Fairley's record is a fluke either. They are coached by a good young coach. They will only get better. Especially since Region 8, 2A has gotten better with a good Douglass team to go along with Mitchell. We may just see another Memphis team win a gold ball in 2A in the near future if this keeps up.

Thanks for the insight! Should be a good game!

Okay just talked to a friend that is firmilar with this Fairely program!There losses are to one mediocre team and one very good team!played a very similar schedule to the Cards,as in up in class!My buddy says they aren't your typical Memphis team we've grown acustom to seeing!!!It's so hard to judge teams by wins and loses!!I don't know of any programs in Memphis that even have home fields,so it kinda makes it a neutral game!!!I look for The Ville to pull this out in a tight one!!!