1st Round: CCS at Webb (The Rematch)

Spartan4Life

1 minute ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

No problem with it....just didn't know it could be done. I don't begrudge any kid from trying to get a better education one bit. We chose that for our kids too. We've just been here since pre-school. It really was more just wondering how that can be done within the TSSAA guidelines, and at the same time there are all sorts of hurdles for a kid to go from one school to another within the state. Let em go wherever they feel is the best situation. I'm good with that! The education is what's important anyway for 99% of these kids.  

Living so close to Georgia provides the Chattanooga athletes an additional transfer option to avoid the T$$AA transfer rules. I've seen many kids transfer to north Georgia schools so they don't have to sit out a year - I think they can then come back (if they want) a year later to a different school (I could be wrong on that). 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, OLDad said:

Living so close to Georgia provides the Chattanooga athletes an additional transfer option to avoid the T$$AA transfer rules. I've seen many kids transfer to north Georgia schools so they don't have to sit out a year - I think they can then come back (if they want) a year later to a different school (I could be wrong on that). 

I figured there had to be some gray area being on the border. I'd say that's the same in Memphis with NMS too. Whatever works for the kids' sakes is good with me.

12 minutes ago, OLDad said:

Now that I've seen all of the teams in the D2-AA East, these are my observations on how the teams stack up.

ND, Webb & GCA are much better than the other 4. I think on any given day, one team could beat the other two. ND might have a slight edge, but it's not much.

Then there is a BIG difference to the next group of teams - CCS, CAK & Boyd, which I also believe are really close. All three of these teams are better than Silverdale - but not much better. The difference between the top 3 teams above and this group of 3 teams is much larger than Silverdale vs (CCS, CAK or Boyd).

And the difference is mostly team speed.

I thing you're pretty spot on with one exception. I think ND and Webb are a notch above us, due primarily to skill position speed. We are not nearly as fast as they are. But, we do have speed/experience at LB and the lines, as well as experience on our DL to minimize the size differential.

I believe our equalizer is that we have the best qb in the region, which helps reduce the speed differential. Of course, I'm biased. Webb has a fine qb, but they don't need him much. ND does too, but it really depends on how ND lines up at qb/wildcat. That changes things, needless to say.....but, I don't consider #3 a qb at that point.   

We are getting better every week since the Webb game, and I believe you're right.....IF we play to our potential with discipline, we might just be able to scare either of those two a bit. I sure hope so. Looks like we could see one for sure, and maybe both if we want to head to Cookeville. I'm sure CPA will have something to say about that from all accounts. We'll have to play a bigtime spoiler role two weeks in a row to make that run, no matter who we play.

We've got this week to worry about first. We aren't good enough to overlook anybody in the playoffs. That had better be the mindset of our boys. I know our coaches will preach that.  

1 hour ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

No problem with it....just didn't know it could be done. I don't begrudge any kid from trying to get a better education one bit. We chose that for our kids too. We've just been here since pre-school. It really was more just wondering how that can be done within the TSSAA guidelines, and at the same time there are all sorts of hurdles for a kid to go from one school to another within the state. Let em go wherever they feel is the best situation. I'm good with that! The education is what's important anyway for 99% of these kids.  

whats important for that 1%

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, OLDad said:

Now that I've seen all of the teams in the D2-AA East, these are my observations on how the teams stack up.

ND, Webb & GCA are much better than the other 4. I think on any given day, one team could beat the other two. ND might have a slight edge, but it's not much.

Then there is a BIG difference to the next group of teams - CCS, CAK & Boyd, which I also believe are really close. All three of these teams are better than Silverdale - but not much better. The difference between the top 3 teams above and this group of 3 teams is much larger than Silverdale vs (CCS, CAK or Boyd).

And the difference is mostly team speed.

I think CCS has shown they are the best of the second group because they have beat everyone in the second group. However, CAK seems to be playing better ball as of late. Although Webb beat CAK 49-14 I honestly thought CAK's offense was pretty good. We forced some fumbles and they just couldn't stop us on defense but I think CAK is better now than they were the first 6-7 weeks. If CAK had gotten a middle Tennessee team not named CPA in the first round I think they could have made the game extremely competitive and possibly beat any of the teams besides BGA. 

GCA is scary to me because they played us so tight for 3 quarters. They also played well enough to beat ND. I'm not so sure ND wants a rematch with the Rams. It's hard to beat the same team twice.  GCA does have the best QB in the east region. Hunter Greene of Webb is very very talented but he has been too inconsistent early in the year for me to give him the nod as of right now. He has come on as of late. If he can continue to throw the ball like he has the second half of the season it will force the CPA's, Notre Dame's, GCA's to defend the pass thus leaving room for Webb's four talented backs to to eat up.

So excited for these playoffs. Got to focus on CCS first.  

trust ole Booger Sparty....when Booger tells U the Iirish got no problem what so ever linin up with GCA again......when the Rams do line up gainst the Irish again...and they for sure will b....the Baptist r comin down at Vermont Avenue...

....tru b that it is......the Rams r the most complete team ND saw this year and the only wuns that the Irish have played that would pose any kinda threat to ND on a repeat

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

26 minutes ago, Booger said:

trust ole Booger Sparty....when Booger tells U the Iirish got no problem what so ever linin up with GCA again......when the Rams do line up gainst the Irish again...and they for sure will b....the Baptist r comin down at Vermont Avenue...

....tru b that it is......the Rams r the most complete team ND saw this year and the only wuns that the Irish have played that would pose any kinda threat to ND on a repeat

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

We will see. We will see. 

2 hours ago, Booger said:

whats important for that 1%

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Well, there's that 1% that think they're playing in the League that don't really care about the education. Those are the ones I feel for the most. Probably .01% of those 1% are right. The rest need that education whether they realize it or not.

We'll see how Week 1 goes before we worry about putting Cath South on Vermont Ave in the GPS. I think Pride probably knows how to get there anyway. He went Booger huntin' this summer. He didn't "pick a winner," but I believe he found the huntin' grounds. He had to stop n hydrate the grass somewhere...... :) 

On 10/30/2017 at 11:52 AM, OLDad said:

The Georgia state line is 2 miles down the road and it's a private school. 

I don't understand the problem. McCallie has kids from Canada & Europe.

Northpoint (formerly SBEC) is in Southaven, Mississippi. But they once were just over the line in TN. TSSAA let them stay when they moved to their new campus. 

6 hours ago, GeorgeBailey said:

Northpoint (formerly SBEC) is in Southaven, Mississippi. But they once were just over the line in TN. TSSAA let them stay when they moved to their new campus. 

so is germantown feedin them.....or is all of Memphis .....

m i crooked letter crooked letter i crooked letter crooked letter i pee pee i feedin them

Booger just sayin:mrgreen: