DII A playoff pick em

BoomerBoy

It is the most wonderful time of the year folks! Lets make some picks whether it is with your heart or just going with your gut lets see what we come up with. I am sure there will be a few disagreements but that is to be understood.

1. FCS- BYE

4. Tipton- Rosemark Academy     vs.     5. MTCS

3. Kings Academy     vs.      6. Clarksville Academy

2. NCS- BYE

1.DA-BYE

4. MJCA     vs.    5. Jackson Christian

3. Fayette Academy     vs.   6. Grace Baptist

2. DCA- BYE

1 hour ago, BoomerBoy said:

It is the most wonderful time of the year folks! Lets make some picks whether it is with your heart or just going with your gut lets see what we come up with. I am sure there will be a few disagreements but that is to be understood.

1. FCS- BYE

2. NCS- BYE

1.DA-BYE

2. DCA- BYE

1. FCS- BYE

2. NCS- BYE

1.DA-BYE

2. DCA- BYE

I see all the 1 and 2 seeds advancing to the final four.  TKA if #7 is back has best chance of an upset.  FCS and DA in finals.  FCS state champs.  Should be a fun tournament.

40 minutes ago, Titanmike said:

1. FCS- BYE

2. NCS- BYE

1.DA-BYE

2. DCA- BYE

I see all the 1 and 2 seeds advancing to the final four.  TKA if #7 is back has best chance of an upset.  FCS and DA in finals.  FCS state champs.  Should be a fun tournament.

I agree on all 1's & 2's making semis but I have DA beating NCS in championship game. That NCS/FCS game is gonna be a fun one. FCS's fantastic front vs NCS's great RB. I think whichever team makes it out of that game will have a tough time slowing the DA offense enough to win though. 

5 hours ago, CFAfan said:

I agree on all 1's & 2's making semis but I have DA beating NCS in championship game. That NCS/FCS game is gonna be a fun one. FCS's fantastic front vs NCS's great RB. I think whichever team makes it out of that game will have a tough time slowing the DA offense enough to win though. 

Did you catch the DA/NCS game earlier this year?  How will DA stop the NCS attack. Our coach lost that one and the NCS kids know they can beat DA. I am hoping for the bracket playing out chalk. We don't get a chance to play FC during the regular season so I think that will be fun going out on the road. And hey, it SEEMS like DCA is starting to click, I wouldn't be shocked if they give DA all they want.  

16 hours ago, OrangeEagle said:

Did you catch the DA/NCS game earlier this year?  How will DA stop the NCS attack. Our coach lost that one and the NCS kids know they can beat DA. I am hoping for the bracket playing out chalk. We don't get a chance to play FC during the regular season so I think that will be fun going out on the road. And hey, it SEEMS like DCA is starting to click, I wouldn't be shocked if they give DA all they want.  

I did catch that DA/NCS game but we probably saw it differently. I saw a DA team that tackled poorly and I have to think that will be somewhat corrected in a rematch. I also saw a QB for DA that missed a few throws and that doesn't happen very often. DA did what they needed to do and if Hewitt had not had his lone fumble of the season late Q4 that game is a 2 score DA victory at NCS. Myers is a freak and will be a load for anyone to handle for sure. NCS was lucky to be in that one at the end. I agree somewhat on the coaching also. Brothers made some horrible calls. 

22 hours ago, CFAfan said:

I have seen FC play a number of times this year and I hear the DA offense is good. (ALWAYS ARE) but I have a hard time believing the FC defense can't slow that offense. they have a DC that is one of the best around, and some unbelievable leaders on the D. With this said,I have yet to see DA this year.

51 minutes ago, CFAfan said:

I did catch that DA/NCS game but we probably saw it differently. I saw a DA team that tackled poorly and I have to think that will be somewhat corrected in a rematch. I also saw a QB for DA that missed a few throws and that doesn't happen very often. DA did what they needed to do and if Hewitt had not had his lone fumble of the season late Q4 that game is a 2 score DA victory at NCS. Myers is a freak and will be a load for anyone to handle for sure. NCS was lucky to be in that one at the end. I agree somewhat on the coaching also. Brothers made some horrible calls. 

Myers carrying the ball leads to poor tackling. They had not seen a back like that all year. Yes we were going to be in that one at the end, not because of the fumble, but because of the thrashing we gave to that defensive front.

Everyone knows things about their team that most others dont. Our middle LB and leading tackler in the classification was playing at about 60 percent on a bad sprain. Our QB had a tough night, and was asked to do things with a wet football that were not wise. Had those plays been running plays by our very capable backup tailback, I think it would have been a two score game the other way. You cannot ask players to do things over and over that they have no chance of doing. That was the ballgame.

1 hour ago, CFAfan said:

The funny thing is how everyone said we would get killed by DA. Brothers didn' go for it on a 4th and 1 the second series of the ball game after NCS had established it was the more physical team that night.  I think it is also funny how nobody talks about the poor tackling by NCS that game. Hewitt was hit in the backfield the first play of the game. Honestly, DA doesn't bother me at all. I feel great about that game. LOTS of holes in the DA defense by a team that wants to be physical. I am more concerned with FC. They seem more like us. I firmly believe the winner of that game wins state. 

2 hours ago, OrangeEagle said:

The funny thing is how everyone said we would get killed by DA. Brothers didn' go for it on a 4th and 1 the second series of the ball game after NCS had established it was the more physical team that night.  I think it is also funny how nobody talks about the poor tackling by NCS that game. Hewitt was hit in the backfield the first play of the game. Honestly, DA doesn't bother me at all. I feel great about that game. LOTS of holes in the DA defense by a team that wants to be physical. I am more concerned with FC. They seem more like us. I firmly believe the winner of that game wins state. 

I will say even though I have not seen DA play this year. In the past they have been more of a finesse team than a physically imposing team. If they are a team that only THINKS they are physical and WANTS to be they cannot beat NCS or FC. 

1 hour ago, BoomerBoy said:

I will say even though I have not seen DA play this year. In the past they have been more of a finesse team than a physically imposing team. If they are a team that only THINKS they are physical and WANTS to be they cannot beat NCS or FC. 

I don't think they are at all physical like NCS & FCS but they have won each of their last games against those teams. Both on the road as well. The DA offense is pretty special for DIIA football and will be hard to defend by anyone in the playoffs. That's my point. DA does not tackle well but it appears their bend but don't break philosophy of defense works. I'm sure they are thinking the O can do whatever is needed. Will that catch up with them? Possibly. I am looking forward to the NCS/FCS matchup as well as that winner vs DA if that's what happens. Should be some fun games to watch once this week is over.