District 9AA 2017-2018

buledievlpdrie

White House made it to the state tournament in 2007.

Interested to see what happens in the district tonight.

Harpeth at Heritage--Harpeth can go to 4 wins, or Heritage can get on the board, and have many scratching their heads after White House beat them.

Cheatham at White House--can white house right the ship is the question here.

Greenbrier at Westmoreland--Greenbrier should win this game.

White House has lost two close district games by a total of 4 points. They have faltered in the final minutes of each game.  Their youth seems to be creeping up on them. Based on what I have seen the last two years, they will start playing less players eventually , and be better after Christmas and leading into tournament play. I still going to stick by my devils unless they don't have a good January......

On 12/14/2017 at 9:08 AM, bigchief said:

Cheatham didn't make it. 2003 was the year that White House dropped down from 9AAA to AA. They came in 8th in 9AAA in 2002.

white house didnt move of AAA until 2006 or 2007 the first or second year they were in AA they went to the state tourny...but yes they finished last in AAA from 2001-05

Edited by bballinformer

• 3 weeks later...

Heritage is playing better teams than most in the district. No fluff games. I mean who has WH really beat that was a good team? Heritage Won over BGA at the Goodpasture Classic. They are healthy again and will make a good run in the 2nd half. Heritage did win over Harpeth and Westmoreland after yes losing to Springfield with the worst officiating I have ever seen in my 15 years involved in high school basketball. Think someone over looked the sleeper team, maybe maybe not. 

Come on Vernon. Are you really going there on your crosstown rival ? Lets see who has heritage beat only quality win is harpeth . BGA is trash this year . Devils have threee AAA wins one over McGavock which heritage lost by 13 . Lets not forget the head to head match up at your place which the devils played awful and still won . Yes being healthy will help , I still have you third or fourth behind devils and bobcats . Please don't comment about refs , everybody's excuse its part of the game not getting any better , especially if your name starts with White House , Been that way for a long long time not sure why . Anyways refs are getting worse as we get older ,just have to fight thru it like everybody else . Good luck .   D 

On 1/3/2018 at 3:10 PM, B52bomber3 said:

Come on Vernon. Are you really going there on your crosstown rival ? Lets see who has heritage beat only quality win is harpeth . BGA is trash this year . Devils have threee AAA wins one over McGavock which heritage lost by 13 . Lets not forget the head to head match up at your place which the devils played awful and still won . Yes being healthy will help , I still have you third or fourth behind devils and bobcats . Please don't comment about refs , everybody's excuse its part of the game not getting any better , especially if your name starts with White House , Been that way for a long long time not sure why . Anyways refs are getting worse as we get older ,just have to fight thru it like everybody else . Good luck .   D 

Heritage won over Greenbriar. WH lost to Harpeth tonight. Heritage takes on Sycamore Friday.

A lot of different reasons .,no true post player .,.rely on 3 too much . Still young ., injuries . Biggest reason I see is no true point guards which translates in too many turnovers ., Devils teams of past years are ready for tournament play played in district championship last two years . I really believe by that time . Things will work itself out and they will make it back and maybe this year they figure out how to win it 

On 1/10/2018 at 5:40 PM, BDP2003 said:

What is up with White House? They have a lot of talent and are losing a lot of games. Thoughts? 

On 1/12/2018 at 6:12 PM, B52bomber3 said:

A lot of different reasons .,no true post player .,.rely on 3 too much . Still young ., injuries . Biggest reason I see is no true point guards which translates in too many turnovers ., Devils teams of past years are ready for tournament play played in district championship last two years . I really believe by that time . Things will work itself out and they will make it back and maybe this year they figure out how to win it 

that is true about past wh teams being in the championship game last 2 seasons and it would be an upset if they dont make it back this year because they are the most talented team in a very bad district...and if the talent aint winning against inferior competition then its more times than not a coaching issue or an internal thing. I have been to several games over last couple years and I will tell you the differnce I see,  its a little bit of both coaching and internal and its starting to show its face on the court which is not good for this program. It has become very obvious that the team will not pass the ball to number 5 in the open court (internal) i am not sure of the reason, but a guess of mine is because EVERY time down the floor the coach is yelling to get him the ball. (coaching)...dont get me wrong that kid is a good player I am sure he spends a lot of time in the gym (has to with that shooting form) but you can not call everything for him and expect the other kids to play hard for you or enjoy playing. He has several flaws in is game (thats a quote from a local college coach) plays the whole game but doesnt play hard the whole game. (coaching)  but the past wh teams the coach didnt have his hand in the game as much he just let them play more. now im not sure if that is because the old guy had more say in previous years or if the young coach is too focused on trying to win like SC did with Jenkins (this kid 5 in no jenkins, also Jenkins team didnt win also he didnt play the whole game) this wh team has more talent at every position including the bench than every team in the district (coaching). they should be running away in the district and COMPETING against the region but they get smacked by those guys... and maybe they will go on a run and run the table or maybe they wont and lose again in the district championship or somehow not reach it.  Its 100 percent not 5 fault (coach) and the players (kids) shouldnt punish him by not throwing it to him when hes open. But if you want to see wh succeed (and idc no dog in the fight) but care for the kids and basketball as a whole then stop acting like the kid is Jenkins start playing more team ball and free (like past wh teams) and wh fans can think me on here at the end of the year lol!!  

good luck to everyone in this district for the rest of the year see two of yall in the region!!

Heritage won tonight over White House by 10.  I have seen a lot of good playing this year not one team really standing out above the rest.  They all have about the same talent. Heritage has been working much better sense the break and have all their players back. Interesting thing with WH losing a big tonight for a 2 game suspension. Really not sure who they play next but losing him will have an impact on the inside game and the live by the 3 die by the 3 is catching up with WH. As always the Refs were bad on both sides of the ball. Coaches by the way can't make them hit the shots or play defense. Have a good weekend. Good luck to all the teams!