District 9AA 2017-2018

buledievlpdrie

All I going to say is this ....

no excuses 

basketball is a tournament sport ..

since this district has existed this is year number 5 

cheatham - 3 district championship appearances (in a row) - 3 championships 

WHH - 1 district championship appearance - 1 district Championship 

WH - 2 district championship appearances (in a row) 

Harpeth and sycamore each have 1 appearance in the first and second years of district respectively ..

see everyone at westmoreland good luck to all!! 

Edited by buledievlpdrie

True basketball is a tournament sport. As  I stated before, district is very evenly matched. Regular season vs tournament standings will probably be bery shuffled as anyone is beatable. It will depend on matchup. An upset loss early can give a team an easy trip to championship that they frankly never belonged in. Has happened in the past. I am surprised at lack of comments from GB folks. Looking at them, they actually have a complete tool set of shooters and bigs. They may gel and make surprises. Just my observation. Best way to watch is go to games where you are not for either team. Both teams act like refs are out for them when in reality they were poor for both sides. 

• Like 1

Just facts from this season:

Heritage beat Harpeth 1st meeting, second meeting will probably decide the tie if it comes to it. Both teams have flaws and can be beaten  based on how players are shooting and coaching strategy. The bench and fresh legs may be decider. Whoever tries to keep starters out too long will pay probably unless get to huge early lead.

The middle 3 WH, Syc, GB will be lucky or unlucky on which side of bracket they end up in. They seem very evenly matched. In my opinion GB has underachieved based on players, not sure on coaching. Syc and WH will soley depend on which players get hot shooting, favor WH of the two.

The bottom 2 can be the spoilers, especially Westmoreland. Distance traveled to the game can make a difference as well as home court. Cheatham is getting first real test for coach, only avg players and no stars to lean on. Same can be said for all teams. There is not a single player on any team this years that requires doubling up , a simple “don’t leave them wide open” is all required. Good luck all, tournament should be fun with lots of close games

Hey I am new to this page but I am a sycamore alumni and i go to many of their games. Will try and keep up to date with their games. But will say if Sycamore can close out games they could make a run in the tourney. Losing to Harpeth by 1 in OT in both games suck. Good luck to all other teams the rest of this season. 

Edited by tunderwood5
  • Like 1

Heritage won over a much bigger and athletic team West Creek tonight in a non division game 43-39. Heritage is really coming on strong down the streach.  This game showed they can run and gun as well as the structured basketball they typically run.

Wins over Harpeth,Greenbriar,Cheatham County, White House, Westmoreland and West Creek. 

Edited by WhiteHouseBDP

9 hours ago, WhiteHouseBDP said:

Heritage won over a much bigger and athletic team West Creek tonight in a non division game 43-39. Heritage is really coming on strong down the streach.  This game showed they can run and gun as well as the structured basketball they typically run.

Wins over Harpeth,Greenbriar,Cheatham County, White House, Westmoreland and West Creek. 

That’s a quality win!!! BUT I wouldn’t call 43-39 run and gun hahaha