blount county recruiting office

PeriodicPoster57

9 hours ago, mountaineer said:

Walland, Townsend and Old Glory areas are rich in Maryville/Alcoa QB's.

Ever thought about asking one of those parents why they decided to send the kid to Maryville.  Sometimes I'm at Plantation Market on Sevierville Road inside the City across from Northfield Subdivision and see a hand full of boy's on Friday wearing their football jerseys heading to school at Heritage when they could have went to Maryville. I ask one why they went to Heritage and they said they live closer and can be at school in seven minutes and sleep later because school starts at 8.30. They also said they had a better chance of getting to play out there then Maryville.

1 hour ago, Indian said:

"When WB starts showing they can win the top players will stay there."

"Why would any top players go to a losing program?"

Paraphrasing the comments on here for years. See the issue?

If I had kids playing football there and you came and told me they were taking a week off right in the middle of the season and the coach was building houses on the side we would be going somewhere else.  The problem there is that they know it and won't do a thing about it except make silly excuses. Right now their setting down there pumping people full of it about next year because they won the last game.  What they don't say is that team was a 4A school with a 4-7 record that won against four teams that went 0-10, 1-9, 2-9 and 3-8. They scrapped Alcoa off the schedule to pick up St. Mary's School of Unwed Mothers or they would have went 0-10.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Ever thought about asking one of those parents why they decided to send the kid to Maryville.  Sometimes I'm at Plantation Market on Sevierville Road inside the City across from Northfield Subdivision and see a hand full of boy's on Friday wearing their football jerseys heading to school at Heritage when they could have went to Maryville. I ask one why they went to Heritage and they said they live closer and can be at school in seven minutes and sleep later because school starts at 8.30. They also said they had a better chance of getting to play out there then Maryville.

False. They don't wear Game jersey's on Friday's at Heritage. Haven't since Coach Ham has been there. Good try though! 

7 hours ago, mountaineer said:

False. They don't wear Game jersey's on Friday's at Heritage. Haven't since Coach Ham has been there. Good try though! 

That’s one of his rules that is still in place at Maryville as well. Players wear their travel shirts on game day. If they are wearing their jerseys they are taken away from them. 

12 hours ago, mountaineer said:

I see boys wearing jerseys all the time in there and I also see Robbie every once in a while in there also.  Maybe they are wearing the opposite jersey their supposed to wear but they make sure you know they play but that wasn't the point, I don't keep up with who is allowed to wear what at school or could care less. Only a parent would know that or someone that don't have a life. I know there are kids from the city that play out there that don't have to pay anything but if they come from the county to play at Maryville they have to fork over $2,200.00. 

29 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I see boys wearing jerseys all the time in there and I also see Robbie every once in a while in there also.  Maybe they are wearing the opposite jersey their supposed to wear but they make sure you know they play but that wasn't the point, I don't keep up with who is allowed to wear what at school or could care less. Only a parent would know that or someone that don't have a life. I know there are kids from the city that play out there that don't have to pay anything but if they come from the county to play at Maryville they have to fork over $2,200.00. 

Those jerseys never leave the stadium. The boys are not allowed to leave the grounds with them. There's only one player on the team that lives in the city and his dad is an administrator at another county school. Not sure where you see these fictitious players at but apparently they are imposters. 

1 hour ago, mountaineer said:

Those jerseys never leave the stadium. The boys are not allowed to leave the grounds with them. There's only one player on the team that lives in the city and his dad is an administrator at another county school. Not sure where you see these fictitious players at but apparently they are imposters. 

Oh no not you again. To know so much about things like that you must be in the administration out there or a coach with an ax to grind because of the 52-0 massacre three weeks ago. Had I known that seeing a kid at the market and it was a lineman because I do remember that for sure that I should of recorded it on my phone to suit your starvation I would have done so but never thought of it at the time. I do know a dozen families that have kids playing out there but I don't plan on putting a call into any of them this evening to find out what kids live in the city because I really don't care.  Your the one that is bothered about QB's that came from the county or you wouldn't have posted that jealous post about it.  In the past 27 years Heritage has had nine teams go 1-9 and three go 0-10 and that may be some of the reasons some of those kids parents were willing to bypass that mess.  Your coach is a pretty good one and really what the doctor ordered to get that place on it's feet but his personality would put McDonald's out of business in a week. If you seem to be short on City players maybe I can help you guys out and mention it to a few of the boy's that are thinking of giving it up because they don't see their place in the future at Maryville. Rather see them playing on Friday somewhere as to not.

41 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Oh no not you again. To know so much about things like that you must be in the administration out there or a coach with an ax to grind because of the 52-0 massacre three weeks ago. Had I known that seeing a kid at the market and it was a lineman because I do remember that for sure that I should of recorded it on my phone to suit your starvation I would have done so but never thought of it at the time. I do know a dozen families that have kids playing out there but I don't plan on putting a call into any of them this evening to find out what kids live in the city because I really don't care.  Your the one that is bothered about QB's that came from the county or you wouldn't have posted that jealous post about it.  In the past 27 years Heritage has had nine teams go 1-9 and three go 0-10 and that may be some of the reasons some of those kids parents were willing to bypass that mess.  Your coach is a pretty good one and really what the doctor ordered to get that place on it's feet but his personality would put McDonald's out of business in a week. If you seem to be short on City players maybe I can help you guys out and mention it to a few of the boy's that are thinking of giving it up because they don't see their place in the future at Maryville. Rather see them playing on Friday somewhere as to not.

I don't want your city players. I just want the truth. Not this made up crap. I'm not administration or a coach just a fan that will always defend my school.