blount county recruiting office

PeriodicPoster57

On 11/2/2017 at 10:39 AM, PeriodicPoster57 said:

what are thoughts on maryville and alcoa recruiting throughout blount and into knox, loudon and hamblen counties? poaching small systems and runingin state champ caliber middle school temas for own benefit. ill hang up and listen,

how many of all of those "state championships" came from kids who came all the way through their school system, that is the question I ponder?  Like Oneida or Livingston's championship runs (or any school that doesn't offer parents jobs and free housing...etc" ?

3 hours ago, wow1029 said:

I recall years ago going to a Saturday game at Billy Blount.They were recognizing the Middle School Football team that went undefeated.Both Gary and George were at the game in front of me.They said hey let us hear it for the future.I said the future stars of Alcoa and Maryville.Basically Heritage and William Blount are JV teams of Alcoa and Maryville.

That middle school team that went undefeated didnt play Alcoa middle school team.

The success of the middle school team really centers around combining two big middle schools into one team that beats schools that are much smaller than the combined two schools. Then when they get to HS and have to play schools their own size, that develop their players  things shake out and the results speak for themselves

And they still wont play Alcoa middle.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 32hammer said:

That middle school team that went undefeated didnt play Alcoa middle school team.

The success of the middle school team really centers around combining two big middle schools into one team that beats schools that are much smaller than the combined two schools. Then when they get to HS and have to play schools their own size, that develop their players  things shake out and the results speak for themselves

Spot on Hammer. Very few of those Blount Middle School kids could compete for a starting job on the AMS roster. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was reading last week's paper and saw that Everett had 100 graduates this year so why don't Blount County have a football team there. They could call them the Everett Bulldogs and Justin Ridge could be their coach. They already have a football field and have enough kids to be in Single A. Possibly double A if Heritage and William Blount wanted to really crack the whip.

Edited by BarneySox2007

16 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I was reading last week's paper and saw that Everett had 100 graduates this year so why don't Blount County have a football team there. They could call them the Everett Bulldogs and Justin Ridge could be their coach. They already have a football field and have enough kids to be in Single A. Possibly double A if Heritage and William Blount wanted to really crack the whip.

If Jim French was still at WB, Everett's enrollment would triple before Christmas break!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scots50 said:

Spot on Hammer. Very few of those Blount Middle School kids could compete for a starting job on the AMS roster. 

Thanks my friend. I knew what was going to happen when they combined the two middle school teams. I understand whay some folks thought it was a good idea. But it will hurt them in the long run. 

11 hours ago, 32hammer said:

You and your crackpot theories. Maryville has one feeder program and they are doing okay. It is the same situation at Alcoa. It bugs you that WB tried to level the playing field.

Let's see... Why isn't WB's football program doing well? Is it because the County improved WB's feeder and turned it into a winner -or- is it because the best player from the championship team jumped ship? It must be the first.

Try to use logic for a moment. How is having one good feeder program that is well-coached worse than having two programs that won 1 game between the two of them? 

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

6 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

You and your crackpot theories. Maryville has one feeder program and they are doing okay. It is the same situation at Alcoa. It bugs you that WB tried to level the playing field.

Let's see... Why isn't WB's football program doing well? Is it because the County improved WB's feeder and turned it into a winner -or- is it because the best player from the championship team jumped ship? It must be the first.

Try to use logic for a moment. How is having one good feeder program that is well-coached worse than having two programs that won 1 game between the two of them? 

It doesnt bug me at all.  Merely stating an opinion. Middle school kids, kids in general,  mature at vastly different rates and stages. With two very large middle schools combining,  a late bloomer will be discouraged from playing or be overlooked and under developed because of the huge pool of kids now available for 1 team . When the child does mature into a player that could help, maybe soph or jr in hs, he has lost interest. Its good for some egos to beat middle  schools with less kids to choose from, but its a short term boost that hurts overall development. Again, not a crackpot theory, just a humble opinion that it is backed by alot of practical experience working with young people and a ton of objective evidence. 

• Thanks 1