3. South Greene (9th overall)

4. Martin Westview (11th overall)

5. Macon County

6. East Nashville

7. Pearl Cohn

8. Dyersburg

9. Graiger

10. Meigs County

Thoughts or concerns about this newly released AA Top 10?

2 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

Newly released 2018 AA Top 10

(via Twitter :@tlownsdale)

1. Upperman (6th overall)

2. Cumberland County  (8th overall)

5. Macon County

6. East Nashville

7. Pearl Cohn

8. Dyersburg

9. Graiger

10. Meigs County

South Greene has just gotten their entire roster back with the return of three starters who have been injured. The two returning from ACL tears still need conditioning and are not 100%. As they improve, the lady Rebels are only going to get better. Taylor Lamb has been phenomenal, playing her best ball this year. Against Bradley Central, she went for 32 points, 15 rebounds, and two blocks. If you were impressed with her last year, expect to be even more so this year. With the loss of those guards during the first half of the season, Lamb, Williams, and Franklin really stepped up their outside and full court game and look much stronger than the past two years. They will not be an easy out.

3 hours ago, Rebel82 said:

South Greene has just gotten their entire roster back with the return of three starters who have been injured. The two returning from ACL tears still need conditioning and are not 100%. As they improve, the lady Rebels are only going to get better. Taylor Lamb has been phenomenal, playing her best ball this year. Against Bradley Central, she went for 32 points, 15 rebounds, and two blocks. If you were impressed with her last year, expect to be even more so this year. With the loss of those guards during the first half of the season, Lamb, Williams, and Franklin really stepped up their outside and full court game and look much stronger than the past two years. They will not be an easy out.

I think 3rd is a good spot for South Greene in their new classification. Braelyn Wykle did not shoot so much in the Ladies Classic, and she missed some shots last week that she would have made last year. That's part of her "coming back". Also, that's my way of agreement with you that she is not yet 100%.

There are times when we, as spectators, need to remind ourselves that these are kids out on the court.

There are other times when we need to recognize their valor and their willingness to give that 100%.

Toward the end of the losing game with West Clermont, my wife nudged me and pointed toward a girl who was vomiting in a trash can across the way.

It was #11.

Girl's Basketball can't be beat.

23 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I think 3rd is a good spot for South Greene in their new classification. Braelyn Wykle did not shoot so much in the Ladies Classic, and she missed some shots last week that she would have made last year. That's part of her "coming back". Also, that's my way of agreement with you that she is not yet 100%.

There are times when we, as spectators, need to remind ourselves that these are kids out on the court.

There are other times when we need to recognize their valor and their willingness to give that 100%.

Toward the end of the losing game with West Clermont, my wife nudged me and pointed toward a girl who was vomiting in a trash can across the way.

It was #11.

Girl's Basketball can't be beat.

Oh, I agree with you. I also saw her at the trash can and her sister was sitting on the bench with an ice pack to her face. She had a black eye. They took a beating. I am really looking forward to seeing them come tourney time. That's when this team really seems to come together. I heard a lot of people saying this time last year that there was no way they'd repeat as champions. They have a way of getting all the pieces together at just the right time.

46 minutes ago, Rebel82 said:

Oh, I agree with you. I also saw her at the trash can and her sister was sitting on the bench with an ice pack to her face. She had a black eye. They took a beating. I am really looking forward to seeing them come tourney time. That's when this team really seems to come together. I heard a lot of people saying this time last year that there was no way they'd repeat as champions. They have a way of getting all the pieces together at just the right time.

I wanted to see them at Morristown West late in the season last year, but the game was called off due to bad weather.

They play @MWest again late this year and I plan to go to that game.

I would not be surprised if they didn't lose a game for the rest of the year-ahem, including the Championship game.

On 12/31/2017 at 2:05 PM, RealisticFan45 said:

Bolivar? I can think of 4 teams right of the top of my head that I would take over Bolivar

but with bolivar being in Region 8, what top tier opponent would they face in the district and region. Haywood and Covington would give them some competition but I could see them in sub-state. Region 8 Bolivar Central and Haywood/Covington. In substate it just depends on how the ball is falling that night. 

10 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

Newly released 2018 AA Top 10

(via Twitter :@tlownsdale)

1. Upperman (6th overall)

2. Cumberland County  (8th overall)

5. Macon County

6. East Nashville

7. Pearl Cohn

8. Dyersburg

9. Graiger

10. Meigs County

Martin Westview is #2 and Jackson Southside has to be at least be 10

5 hours ago, alumnicoach85 said:

Martin Westview is #2 and Jackson Southside has to be at least be 10

My only issue with Westview being #2 is that with the style of play they incorporate and the limited possessions they have in a game, if their shots aren't falling then they are very beatable especially against a team that is athletic and fundamentally sound. aka upper man, SG

5 hours ago, BullShark said:

My only issue with Westview being #2 is that with the style of play they incorporate and the limited possessions they have in a game, if their shots aren't falling then they are very beatable especially against a team that is athletic and fundamentally sound. aka upper man, SG

No matter how beatable they are, they still should be #2 give them the respect they have earned the !st part of the year. Still no team from Tennessee has beat them since they so beatable.

18 hours ago, alumnicoach85 said:

No matter how beatable they are, they still should be #2 give them the respect they have earned the !st part of the year. Still no team from Tennessee has beat them since they so beatable.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't think they are "beatable."  They are and outstanding team and very well coached, but if you have ever seen Upperman and SG play, you would agree that those two are probably a little better.