2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

52 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

I have seen teams make her go left and she does just fine! 

And  when she is covered going right, most of her assist are to someone open on the left. Most teams can't react to her quickness. She goes to the free throw line a lot,  with a smile

Edited by jimbo44

1 hour ago, Footballguru05 said:

I hope everyone keeps sleeping on Macon.  Keep in mind they start 2 freshmen and 2 sophomores, so they shouldn't be the same team by the end of the year.  Upperman and Cumberland are the clear favorites, but I wouldn't suggest writing off Macon just yet. 

Macon County has a very good team!  I wouldn’t want to play them in an elimination game that’s for sure. They are talented and very well coached. Coach White is one of the best high school coaches in the state and he will take away what you do best so Cumberland County will have to make adjustments and then play  well to beat them. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

First: Grainger is a very good, young team. They gave South Greene a game tonight. I would not be surprised to see these two teams play again in the tournament.

Second: SG's Braelyn Wykle played very well. Coming back from knee surgery she looked a bit tentative—which is understandable. That was five weeks ago.

Tonight, with SG trailing early, she went three for three on three pointers and got the team back into the game.

Unofficially, Wykle put up 32 points.

When Wykle is back in the groove, SG will go far.

Edited by Americal198
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Americal198 said:

First: Grainger is a very good, young team. They gave South Greene a game tonight. I would not be surprised to see these two teams play again in the tournament.

Second: SG's Braelyn Wykle played very well. Coming back from knee surgery she looked a bit tentative—which is understandable. That was five weeks ago.

Tonight, with SG trailing early, she went three for three on three pointers and got the team back into the game.

Unofficially, Wykle put up 32 points.

When Wykle is back in the groove, SG will go far.

Braelyn was pretty much on it tonight. She finished with 34. 5 of 9 from three. 4 of 5 for two and 11-11 free throws. She had no turnovers, 2 rebounds, 4 assists, and one steal. Lamb also had a good game with 24 points and 10 rebounds. She looked very strong tonight against a very good team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rebel82 said:

Braelyn was pretty much on it tonight. She finished with 34. 5 of 9 from three. 4 of 5 for two and 11-11 free throws. She had no turnovers, 2 rebounds, 4 assists, and one steal. Lamb also had a good game with 24 points and 10 rebounds. She looked very strong tonight against a very good team.

Going by your stats, Wykle had 14 shot attempts. I bet that's the most she's had all year. That is a good sign. She can be a powerhouse. Coming back from a major injury is a big deal, not just physically.