2nd Round: Rockwood travels to Sullivan North

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Stonewall said:

Norris at North doesn’t get near enough credit. He quietly puts a solid product on the field every year. Not easy to do when they are about to close your school. 

He knows what he is doing. It would be interesting to see what he could do with a 5A or 6A school. Hopefully if the powers that be in Sullivan County do the right and fair thing when they open the new school.

9 hours ago, Gunner0331 said:

A lot of coaches have that strategy but have to be careful how they use it. Like running a race or boxing in a boxing match. I seen DB come out the gate and score on the very first play with Greeneville.Element of surprise, demoralize your enemy by hitting them first fast and hard. What beats a tactic like that is discipline. Greeneville had discipline and ended up winning the game. North didn’t fall apart and stayed in tonight’s game, but it wasn’t enough to overcome the first quarter of play.

You are right.. I had a feeling this game would be pretty close and wasnt very confident RW would pull it out. Sounds like this was a good one to watch 

7 hours ago, bluedevil6913 said:

You are right.. I had a feeling this game would be pretty close and wasnt very confident RW would pull it out. Sounds like this was a good one to watch 

BD your right wish I could have made it. As Al Davis said just win baby! and the tigers did. to bad they turned in the pads for gym snickers this morning. That team next week is just to big, strong and tough for the green Tigers.

17 hours ago, wpasi said:

BD your right wish I could have made it. As Al Davis said just win baby! and the tigers did. to bad they turned in the pads for gym snickers this morning. That team next week is just to big, strong and tough for the green Tigers.

Who you foolin'.. I've seen RW teams take wins from "better teams" a few times over the years (ask ole pride) and I'm just a youngin. Meigs may win it but they ain't tying up the sneakers just yet

2 hours ago, bluedevil6913 said:

Who you foolin'.. I've seen RW teams take wins from "better teams" a few times over the years (ask ole pride) and I'm just a youngin. Meigs may win it but they ain't tying up the sneakers just yet

Not trying to fool anyone BD. I forgot to mention they real fast to. So if the green Tigers want to have any shot they better lift lots of weights and chase chickens this week. You think I'm joking but I'm not.