Webb at CPA (Quarterfinals)

Spartan4Life

21 hours ago, bcd said:

Warriors2011, thanks for all the nice comments.  I didn’t really understand the call you referenced either, it must have occurred after the play and the official just indicated wrong.  We’ve had a few head scratching crews this year and I’ve seen the same while watching other teams play. 

Spartan4Life, the CPA coaching staff, players, and parents know Webb is a very good football team and all have the mindset that CPA has to play their very best to have a chance to play another week.  While I think this might be the best CPA team I’ve watched so far, I also saw them play the worst first half against Hillsboro that I’ve ever seen from a CPA team.  They know they can easily loose to any team going forward. 

We will see if we can hang. I don't remember CPA being so powerful last year but I may have not been paying attention. How does a school our size get 90+ kids out for football? That's amazing to me. That's 6A and 5A numbers. 

4 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

We will see if we can hang. I don't remember CPA being so powerful last year but I may have not been paying attention. How does a school our size get 90+ kids out for football? That's amazing to me. That's 6A and 5A numbers. 

Alcoa routinely dresses that many players or more and it's a 3A school.  It just means that 1 out of every 2.5 boys in the school is on the football team.  During halftime of the CPA/CAK game they honored the CPA middle school football team--let's just say they have a lot, and I do mean a lot, of large and athletic looking kids in the pipeline for the future as well. Announcer rattled off some statistics about how the MS team is 40-5 in the last so many years. I didn't catch all the details. CPA is well on its way to becoming a football powerhouse.

6 minutes ago, Warriors2011 said:

Alcoa routinely dresses that many players or more and it's a 3A school.  It just means that 1 out of every 2.5 boys in the school is on the football team.  During halftime of the CPA/CAK game they honored the CPA middle school football team--let's just say they have a lot, and I do mean a lot, of large and athletic looking kids in the pipeline for the future as well. Announcer rattled off some statistics about how the MS team is 40-5 in the last so many years. I didn't catch all the details. CPA is well on its way to becoming a football powerhouse.

Alcoa is not a typical 3A school by any means. 90% of 3A schools do not dress 90+ kids. Heck, 90% of any classification doesn't dress 90+ kids. That's crazy. I'd be happy to have 70. Or even 60+ like we use to in the mid 2000's.  

28 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

Alcoa is not a typical 3A school by any means. 90% of 3A schools do not dress 90+ kids. Heck, 90% of any classification doesn't dress 90+ kids. That's crazy. I'd be happy to have 70. Or even 60+ like we use to in the mid 2000's.  

Sparty....I think we could combine our group and your group and put a pretty stout team on the field. What do you think? 90+ kids, and they aren't dressing freshmen? That's unreal!

1 hour ago, Spartan4Life said:

CPA was 2 minutes away from their 4th straight 3A championship game last year.

Sports is a big part of the CPA culture, most kids play at least one sport and many play multiple.  Multiple sport participation is encouraged by all the coaches which is not always the case in other schools.  CPA had a senior last year that was his first year to play.  He signed a D1 scholarship.  The same can be seen across other sports.  I can't think of another team in the state that has a better set of coaches across all sports and AD.

In respect to football, Coach Martin and staff are unbelievable leaders outside of being very good football coaches.  Since starting in 2011 Coach Martin has an 85% winning percentage and through last year has never not made the semifinal game.  The staff makes the kids that run scout team feel as important as the 1s that score the touchdowns.  The big secret is their primary goal is to prepare these young men to be good fathers and husbands.  To do that they want to be together as long as they can during the season.  The side affect of that is winning.

I'm not sure about you but I never had a coach tell me he loved me.  Most of us around my age didn't even have dads that would do that...

1 hour ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Sparty....I think we could combine our group and your group and put a pretty stout team on the field. What do you think? 90+ kids, and they aren't dressing freshmen? That's unreal!

We would have a dang good team. Top 10 in the state. More depth on the lines. Take away the pass and we run all around, over and threw you. Take away the run and your QB can fling it. Hunter Greene isn't a bad second option if your QB was to beat him out. haha ask Grace to merge on over here with the Webb School haha.  

I got a question-- is it holding for the offensive lineman to take on a defensive lineman, and basically with upper body only, turn the DL and take him to the ground without pulling on the jersey?  I mean no pulling the DL down, but instead twisting the DL's upper body in a wrestling take down move and going to the ground?

6 minutes ago, chainsaw2 said:

I got a question-- is it holding for the offensive lineman to take on a defensive lineman, and basically with upper body only, turn the DL and take him to the ground without pulling on the jersey?  I mean no pulling the DL down, but instead twisting the DL's upper body in a wrestling take down move and going to the ground?

You must have watched the CAK / CPA film?  I saw that also.  I have no idea from a rules standpoint. Generally not much is called if the hands are inside the shoulder pads. 

1 hour ago, bcd said:

CPA was 2 minutes away from their 4th straight 3A championship game last year.

Sports is a big part of the CPA culture, most kids play at least one sport and many play multiple.  Multiple sport participation is encouraged by all the coaches which is not always the case in other schools.  CPA had a senior last year that was his first year to play.  He signed a D1 scholarship.  The same can be seen across other sports.  I can't think of another team in the state that has a better set of coaches across all sports and AD.

In respect to football, Coach Martin and staff are unbelievable leaders outside of being very good football coaches.  Since starting in 2011 Coach Martin has an 85% winning percentage and through last year has never not made the semifinal game.  The staff makes the kids that run scout team feel as important as the 1s that score the touchdowns.  The big secret is their primary goal is to prepare these young men to be good fathers and husbands.  To do that they want to be together as long as they can during the season.  The side affect of that is winning.

I'm not sure about you but I never had a coach tell me he loved me.  Most of us around my age didn't even have dads that would do that...

refresh us on how bcd came up with at that 2minute clock....liberty laid 14 on yall.....Guessin its possible to find that 14 in 2 min in HS

Booger just sayin  drawing-the-love-sign-smiley-emoticon.gi