Any idea who becomes Grundys new coach?

Justmy2cents

1 hour ago, volsrock said:

scott smith has not been offered the position of head football coach at Grundy county

So who has been offered the job?

I had heard there were two candidates left.  At this moment in time I would just leave things alone and let Coach Meeks take the helm.   Coach Meeks and all of the assistants (minus Evans and Jones)  have done a pretty good job keeping things together.  I think it is awful that not one time during this whole process that none of the players or parents/guardians were asked their thoughts, feelings, or general concerns.  The director just keeps digging herself a hole.  I guess at the board meeting tomorrow night everyone will see who the Melton’s are wanting as a coach (my guess is that they will offer the position to whomever will let Gary Don call the shots on Friday night—good luck with that!).

Scott Smith has some baggage and that's something Grundy does not need,, ask folks in Warren and Franklin counties. Meeks will be involved with the other finalist. Nick is a former student of mine and he will work hard no matter what job he gets. Some people think that he should get the head coaching job, ever think he might not can take it because of his real job? If it were me, he would be on my staff. I hope the person I'm pulling for gets it because he would bring stability and great moral values to the team. He would bring years of coaching experience in this state and another. Trust me this man hates to lose and he will bring a winning attitude back to Grundy. I want the school I graduated from in 1982 to have great moral values, respect for community and school plus a winning mindset.  The man I'm talking about loves Grundy County and it's not just a stepping stone, he wants this to be the last coaching job he will have.

20 hours ago, Workforit247 said:

So who has been offered the job?

I had heard there were two candidates left.  At this moment in time I would just leave things alone and let Coach Meeks take the helm.   Coach Meeks and all of the assistants (minus Evans and Jones)  have done a pretty good job keeping things together.  I think it is awful that not one time during this whole process that none of the players or parents/guardians were asked their thoughts, feelings, or general concerns.  The director just keeps digging herself a hole.  I guess at the board meeting tomorrow night everyone will see who the Melton’s are wanting as a coach (my guess is that they will offer the position to whomever will let Gary Don call the shots on Friday night—good luck with that!).

Whoever this is has hit an home run!!! GO YOU!!!!!

Thoughts from tonight’s school board meeting..... Why is the director keeping the final two candidates for the head football coach a secret?  Everyone knows who the final two candidates are.   She needs to stop playing games.  She sure is showing that her concerns are not the kids.....she just wants to keep playing games with the board members.  

Here the boom for everyone today, anyone can drive by the high school after school and see that nick is working the football players out. So with that being said, the school administration doesn't even have a clue if the football team working out or not. Because the way I understood by the meeting they are saying the football boy haven't been working out. :popcorneater:

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 0:04 PM, TheAmbassador said:

The way this place is ran only a desperate man would apply. This is just a horrible situation for everyone involved. If you guys don’t have a team... I know a place.....

The right hire will make Grundy a great place to be. Unless you live or have lived for a period of time in Grundy County you have no idea what a wonderful place it is.

On 1/26/2018 at 1:58 PM, chs4life said:

The right hire will make Grundy a great place to be. Unless you live or have lived for a period of time in Grundy County you have no idea what a wonderful place it is.

You are one of the few who think that about your own community. It’s ridiculous the way this whole ordeal has played out. Surely you can see how that place has been ran for years. It’s not a good situation. For the kids sake I hope they get their issues fixed. 

On 1/23/2018 at 9:25 PM, Workforit247 said:

Thoughts from tonight’s school board meeting..... Why is the director keeping the final two candidates for the head football coach a secret?  Everyone knows who the final two candidates are.   She needs to stop playing games.  She sure is showing that her concerns are not the kids.....she just wants to keep playing games with the board members.  

So assuming that Nick Meeks is working them out and is one of the final 2 then who is the other one?