Any idea who becomes Grundys new coach?

Justmy2cents

I don't really know Smith. I was very young when I met him. I do know several guys that have coached along side of him. I know those at Glencliff particularly. I think everyone that knows him personally would say he is a good coach that has been pretty successful over the years. Maybe the one negative is that he has moved around too much to really grow roots anywhere. However, as a coach sometimes you need a change whether its for advancement, change of scenery, change of admin, health, family, etc. Unless you are Smith or those close to him you don't know why he has moved. I do know he moved from Glencliff for health and personal reasons. I know he left in good standing. I think Glencliff is happy with the new coach and the new coach is probably grateful that Scott opened the door for him.

Smith I hope you are able to lead a team again and grow those roots I mentioned. Good luck to you.

As for GC I hope y'all get a good coach.

13 hours ago, chs4life said:

Will today be the day? 

Who knows with this administration.   It sure seemed last night during the public interviews that were conducted that volsrock, aka Scott Smith, seemed pretty confident that he had aced the interview, even though on here he said he was “not taking the Grundy County head coach position”.  He is full of it and everyone seems to know it, except for the principal, the director, and one of the board members (Melton).  I guess they have already worked out a deal between themselves and Mr. Smith which probably involves Mr. Melton being able to continue running the concession stand and also being on the sidelines with the headsets on where he can tell Smith to run it up the middle 15 times then try to pass it every once in a while.  

Parents/Guardians/anyone that still loves Grundy football:  show up to the meeting tonight and show your support for the players. They have made it clear who they want as a coach.  (and it isn’t you, volsrock.  Stay where you are at—or somewheres close to there in case you don’t get hired back this year at Morristown).

Edited by Workforit247

When watching the interviews on Facebook, during Mr. Smith's interview I felt like I was watching an interview with Butch Jones. @volsrock I thought you said that Smith pulled his name out of the hat. With Mr. Ray I felt like he answered everything with honest approach. I heard rumors that they still havn't interviewed everyone yet.