Any idea who becomes Grundys new coach?

Justmy2cents

1 hour ago, Pumpkin007 said:

Coach Ray wasn't promised anything. But after the online interviews a board member made him feel like he was they guy that he wanted. Only to have that board member choose to reopen bids to keep looking. The school board wanted to keep looking only to have the Director of schools and Principle hire Coach Smith anyways. Seems all the online interviews and school board meeting about this was a total waste of everyone's time. Just like they had the rumor going around that 20+ people had put in for this job and they had to narrow the search down from there. When I have been told by a parent that only 3 people put in for the job.

So, I'm confused... did they hire a coach or have they completely re-opened the application process?  Place sounds rough....

I just read the article about the coach. Grundy County is has major problems. Board members on interviews not supporting the new hire? The statement was made that this hire could kill Grindy’s program. What do you call it’s current state before the hire? I’m shocked Coach Smith would want to come to a situation like this one. He won’t stay long either. Remember that statement I just made. If he knows what’s best he will get out now. What a joke. 

I heard the director of schools made their mind up months ago. But didn't do anything because the school board wanted to be involved. When the school board did what they did the other night, the director of schools more or less said screw them I'm going with the pick I had months ago. Just hate it for the kids. I wish Coach Smith the best of luck, but I don't look for him to stay long.

32 minutes ago, Pumpkin007 said:

I heard the director of schools made their mind up months ago. But didn't do anything because the school board wanted to be involved. When the school board did what they did the other night, the director of schools more or less said screw them I'm going with the pick I had months ago. Just hate it for the kids. I wish Coach Smith the best of luck, but I don't look for him to stay long.

Volsrock won’t stay long.