Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Justmy2cents

Any idea who becomes Grundys new coach?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, wildcatdad01 said:

So let me see if I understand...they went through this process of identifying two candidates, interviewed them...before a live audience...and then decided not to hire either one?  Seriously?  

Let me see if I can clear this up for you. It’s not They ( the board) that went through this process of identifying the two candidates. It’s the Director of schools brother that’s on the board that’s done this process. If I’m wrong here someone please correct me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wildcatdad01 said:

So let me see if I understand...they went through this process of identifying two candidates, interviewed them...before a live audience...and then decided not to hire either one?  Seriously?  

Dumbest thing I've ever seen. Embarrassing to both men. Grundy County should be ashamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BamaRules said:

Let me see if I can clear this up for you. It’s not They ( the board) that went through this process of identifying the two candidates. It’s the Director of schools brother that’s on the board that’s done this process. If I’m wrong here someone please correct me. 

The brother didn't make the move last night. Board member Reuben Newsome went against the advice of the school board attorney and wanted to open up the application process again. By the way they never took a vote to do so. They just moved on. 

Edited by chs4life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chs4life said:

The brother didn't make the move last night. Board member Reuben Newsome went against the advice of the school board attorney and wanted to open up the application process again. By the way they never took a vote to do so. They just moved on. 

This way of thinking from the brother is the reason this previous coach was hired. This is also the reason we are In the situations we are now and our programs been in shambles because of this ever since. We haven’t had leadership and discipline here for quite sometime. These mistakes have been made several times in all our schools and our sports programs. My opinion Is the house needs cleaned. That’s everyone in high places with a title beside their name. The whole mindset has to change here for the things to get better for our children in this county. Our children should always be our top priority in every decision that’s ever made in this school system. Some here have seemed to have lost that true focus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/31/2018 at 10:25 AM, volsrock said:

scott smith will not be the coach at grundy county

Volsrock (aka Scott Smith) — you have already lied to the people of Grundy County by saying you were not going to be the coach here—- all I am going to say is don’t expect a warm welcome.  

The director of schools and the principal at the high school have just killed the football program.  I guess the surrounding football programs can send them a thank you letter since all of the players will be looking to go somewhere else now. 

I hate it for the players and coaches that have tried to keep the program together.  I hope you all find somewhere else to go to that will appreciate your talents as an athlete or a coach. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Workforit247 said:

 

Volsrock (aka Scott Smith) — you have already lied to the people of Grundy County by saying you were not going to be the coach here—- all I am going to say is don’t expect a warm welcome.  

The director of schools and the principal at the high school have just killed the football program.  I guess the surrounding football programs can send them a thank you letter since all of the players will be looking to go somewhere else now. 

I hate it for the players and coaches that have tried to keep the program together.  I hope you all find somewhere else to go to that will appreciate your talents as an athlete or a coach. 

Spot on, already telling lies. Will only go down hill from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Coach Ray is no longer in play. Nice job school board throwing a good coach and man away. A man that worked many years for this system and left so he could teach and coach where his son was going to attend high school. He has always loved Grundy County and was willing to come back (we all know it wasn't because of the money) to help bring pride and leadership to the football team that needs it so badly. After all the bull that has been pulled by many people, you'll get what you've asked for. The only ones I feel sorry for are the players and good families that will lose out on having good man leading the program. Yes I'm upset that my friend didn't get the job, but more that I'm upset at the many people that lied to him and supposedly were his friends. You guys have to live with what you've done. One thing I'm happy about is, I get to be his assistant when golf season begins again. 4 of 5 starters returning after a 6th place finish last year at state in Class AAA. Go Raiders!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pumpkin007 said:

Spot on, already telling lies. Will only go down hill from there. 

It’s been this way since the current director and family took over. This school system and the whole school administration is a joke. Put a tent over this mountain it’s the biggest circus act since Barnum & Bailey. If you want to see your children succeed you better pack up and head out. It’s worse now than I have ever seen it. 

Edited by Ibleedpurple97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chs4life said:

Well Coach Ray is no longer in play. Nice job school board throwing a good coach and man away. A man that worked many years for this system and left so he could teach and coach where his son was going to attend high school. He has always loved Grundy County and was willing to come back (we all know it wasn't because of the money) to help bring pride and leadership to the football team that needs it so badly. After all the bull that has been pulled by many people, you'll get what you've asked for. The only ones I feel sorry for are the players and good families that will lose out on having good man leading the program. Yes I'm upset that my friend didn't get the job, but more that I'm upset at the many people that lied to him and supposedly were his friends. You guys have to live with what you've done. One thing I'm happy about is, I get to be his assistant when golf season begins again. 4 of 5 starters returning after a 6th place finish last year at state in Class AAA. Go Raiders!

Chs4life I would love for you to elaborate on who it was who all promised Coach Ray this job and who lied to him? I think the public here needs to know. Can you please clear this up for us? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BamaRules said:

Chs4life I would love for you to elaborate on who it was who all promised Coach Ray this job and who lied to him? I think the public here needs to know. Can you please clear this up for us? 

Yes, lets hear what they promised him. Also what I have been told @volsrock aka Scott Smith was the administration pick from day one. When the Pee Wee had their annual football camp I was told Scott Smith and other coaches that he coached with was running the camp. All I am saying is they had him picked out since this Summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach Ray wasn't promised anything. But after the online interviews a board member made him feel like he was they guy that he wanted. Only to have that board member choose to reopen bids to keep looking. The school board wanted to keep looking only to have the Director of schools and Principle hire Coach Smith anyways. Seems all the online interviews and school board meeting about this was a total waste of everyone's time. Just like they had the rumor going around that 20+ people had put in for this job and they had to narrow the search down from there. When I have been told by a parent that only 3 people put in for the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...