R1/5A in 2018

blazer1set

Well R1/5A guys, we got blown off the map by R2 this time.   Crockett had enough athletes to make some noise but their coaching debacle derailed the Pioneers.     So what does everybody have coming back next year?       Boone will be back to 5-5 for the next couple of years.    Morristown seems to have good athletes but coaching is suspect.    Tennessee High had a decent season to build on.      However, next year at this time I really don't expect our region to be much different.     Our goal should be for at least someone to win a playoff game, just one.              Until the 2018 X's and O's get started next year, happy trails....

R1/5A
Cherokee
Cocke County
Daniel Boone
David Crockett
Morristown East
Tennessee High
Volunteer

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Well R1/5A guys, we got blown off the map by R2 this time.   Crockett had enough athletes to make some noise but their coaching debacle derailed the Pioneers.     So what does everybody have coming back next year?       Boone will be back to 5-5 for the next couple of years.    Morristown seems to have good athletes but coaching is suspect.    Tennessee High had a decent season to build on.      However, next year at this time I really don't expect our region to be much different.     Our goal should be for at least someone to win a playoff game, just one.              Until the 2018 X's and O's get started next year, happy trails....

R1/5A
Cherokee
Cocke County
Daniel Boone
David Crockett
Morristown East
Tennessee High
Volunteer

Morristown East is returning at least 6 to 8 players on both sides of the ball next year. We have the hole backfield back and are best WR. As always it come down to coaching. Until we get someone who know how to run an offseason workout program, we will never complete with region 2. This region is weak up front on both sides of the line. East’s for sure is weak up front, I would bet they do not have a single lineman that can bench 300 lbs. or even his body weight. That is why I am so hard on East’s coaches, because I haven't seen any improvement in the weight room the last 4 years. That is the number #1 reason we lost to Morristown West every year, they are a lot stronger up front physically.