Region 2 5A REMATCHES

sx1234

We have heard all year about how bad Region 2 is this season yet they somehow managed to sweep Region 1 this past Friday.  Are these teams better than people are giving them credit or are they just lucky in seeding?  Either way- who is going to win this Friday between Sevier County vs. Central and Halls vs. South Doyle?  And who wins the following week to advance to the semifinals? 

....OR does nobody even care about this bracket because everyone is assuming this winner will get killed in the semi finals anyways?

My Prediction:

Central over Sevier County, South Doyle over Halls, then South Doyle over Central next week.

55 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

We have heard all year about how bad Region 2 is this season yet they somehow managed to sweep Region 1 this past Friday.  Are these teams better than people are giving them credit or are they just lucky in seeding?  Either way- who is going to win this Friday between Sevier County vs. Central and Halls vs. South Doyle?  And who wins the following week to advance to the semifinals? 

....OR does nobody even care about this bracket because everyone is assuming this winner will get killed in the semi finals anyways?

My Prediction:

Central over Sevier County, South Doyle over Halls, then South Doyle over Central next week.

Someone had to win on Friday night, but I think it might be more indicative of how bad region 1 was this season, especially when you look at how overmatched the region 1 teams looked in every single one of those games. Food for thought, but would things have been different if region 2 played region 3 instead?

Central @ Oak Ridge

South Doyle @ Fulton

West @ Sevier County

Campbell County @ Halls

This is going to sound biased, but I think region 2 would have struggled to win any of those games.

As weak as regions 1 and 2 looked at the beginning of the season, things were setup for Central to make it to the semifinals, if they could have stayed healthy at QB. That obviously didn't happen. Going in to the playoffs, I predicted SD would make it to the semis, and I'll stick with that prediction. They should handle Halls again, and I don't think they'll have any trouble with the Sevier Co/Central winner.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Someone had to win on Friday night, but I think it might be more indicative of how bad region 1 was this season, especially when you look at how overmatched the region 1 teams looked in every single one of those games. Food for thought, but would things have been different if region 2 played region 3 instead?

Central @ Oak Ridge

South Doyle @ Fulton

West @ Sevier County

Campbell County @ Halls

This is going to sound biased, but I think region 2 would have struggled to win any of those games.

As weak as regions 1 and 2 looked at the beginning of the season, things were setup for Central to make it to the semifinals, if they could have stayed healthy at QB. That obviously didn't happen. Going in to the playoffs, I predicted SD would make it to the semis, and I'll stick with that prediction. They should handle Halls again, and I don't think they'll have any trouble with the Sevier Co/Central winner.

I agree with you, but to be fair, I believe any region would have struggled with those four.  You could say region 4 struggled, as Catholic was the only team to make it past the 1st round.  

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Central @ Oak Ridge

South Doyle @ Fulton

West @ Sevier County

Campbell County @ Halls

i think we can still make it to the semis but yes if Fawver doesn't go down we would've ran away with the region and round 4 would've been interesting.

Smoky Bears getting home field should mean something & I think that will be the diff. OR did not just mop the floor with the Bears this year so anything could  happen for the 1&2 semi rep vs the heavily favored 3&4 rep.I can tell yall this the Bears players believe they are going back to state. I bet many of the Central players feel the same way. This is in fact a match up of last 2 5A runner ups.  This Bears team has serious talent at QB and several solid wr. If they are hot in the air they will be hard to beat. Should be a fun game on Friday!

GoBears!

9 minutes ago, gobears89 said:

Smoky Bears getting home field should mean something & I think that will be the diff. OR did not just mop the floor with the Bears this year so anything could  happen for the 1&2 semi rep vs the heavily favored 3&4 rep.I can tell yall this the Bears players believe they are going back to state. I bet many of the Central players feel the same way. This is in fact a match up of last 2 5A runner ups.  This Bears team has serious talent at QB and several solid wr. If they are hot in the air they will be hard to beat. Should be a fun game on Friday!

GoBears!

we were in 4A last year.

3 hours ago, sx1234 said:

My Prediction:

Round One told us what we already knew...Region 1 is AWFUL...Region 3 is TOUGH...Region 4 has ONE GREAT TEAM that should be in Division 1...and Region 2 is lucky to be paired with Region 1.

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2017 at 1:35 PM, gobears89 said:

GoBears!

What was the score the last time you two played and where did that fall on the time line for central and their injuries?