Memphis BB

TonyG

12 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

We talk about basketball here. The reason many others have ignored the stuff he and another poster said is that CoachT is a good place for sports, not politics.

The other stuff and your post belong somewhere else.  

12 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

We talk about basketball here. The reason many others have ignored the stuff he and another poster said is that CoachT is a good place for sports, not politics.

Well said please leave the politics out we see it on news 

1 hour ago, warmachine7954 said:

Funny you didn’t tell coachzero that?? That’s the problem some people on these board don’t even know this stuff is happening.  I contemplated posting that but something told me too. Oh well 

19 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

LOL So I should have just ignored all of you all when you called Memphis kids thugs and criminals? You guys making my point for me!

20 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Funny you didn’t tell coachzero that?? That’s the problem some people on these board don’t even know this stuff is happening.  I contemplated posting that but something told me too. Oh well 

Funny that I can tell anyone anything I want within the rules. That post above was way off base. So I spoke up.

3 hours ago, coachzero said:

LOL So I should have just ignored all of you all when you called Memphis kids thugs and criminals? You guys making my point for me!

Who cares who gets called what? There was one man that said those words. You took it and ran with it.  What happened between the Memphis games and the Adamsville/Scott's Hill game were different situations. Wooddale was vindicated. 

We all know that there is a totally different atmosphere in certain places in Memphis. Do the kids come out and watch Wooddale because they're proud of Wooddale? No, because 2-3 years ago there were more players from the opposing team on the bench than in the stands watching the games. 

Whitehaven has a great fan base and from what I've seen there hasn't been a problem with their fans. Whitehaven supporters are of the same demographic that Wooddale, Melrose, and Westwood crowds are.  

We all know that there are thugs and rednecks that need to stay home and quit causing problems for student-athletes and their supporters. 

You're new here. You have 69 posts and some of the recent ones have been about this. If you wanna engage with people here stay on topic. People here will not take you seriously or engage over time. Take all of that other stuff to Twitter, FB, and Snapchat. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Who cares who gets called what? There was one man that said those words. You took it and ran with it.  What happened between the Memphis games and the Adamsville/Scott's Hill game were different situations. Wooddale was vindicated. 

We all know that there is a totally different atmosphere in certain places in Memphis. Do the kids come out and watch Wooddale because they're proud of Wooddale? No, because 2-3 years ago there were more players from the opposing team on the bench than in the stands watching the games. 

Whitehaven has a great fan base and from what I've seen there hasn't been a problem with their fans. Whitehaven supporters are of the same demographic that Wooddale, Melrose, and Westwood crowds are.  

We all know that there are thugs and rednecks that need to stay home and quit causing problems for student-athletes and their supporters. 

You're new here. You have 69 posts and some of the recent ones have been about this. If you wanna engage with people here stay on topic. People here will not take you seriously or engage over time. Take all of that other stuff to Twitter, FB, and Snapchat. 

I didn't see any thugs on video in Memphis! That is my point! You all are the ones judging people you don't even know! not me! Seriously it does not matter what people on here think of me because after Manassas or BTW win state i will be gone again!

13 minutes ago, coachzero said:

I didn't see any thugs on video in Memphis! That is my point! You all are the ones judging people you don't even know! not me! Seriously it does not matter what people on here think of me because after Manassas or BTW win state i will be gone again!

What did you see in the video? You assumed racism. According to the English language, anyone using violence in any of the videos is a thug. Get over it and move on.

The literal definition of a thug is:

thug
Dictionary result for thug
/THəɡ/
noun
  1. 1.
    a violent person, especially a criminal.

1 hour ago, warmachine7954 said:

What did you see in the video? You assumed racism. According to the English language, anyone using violence in any of the videos is a thug. Get over it and move on.

The literal definition of a thug is:

thug
Dictionary result for thug
/THəɡ/
noun
  1. 1.
    a violent person, especially a criminal.

If i slap you and you fight back in a violent manner does that make you a thug?

47 minutes ago, coachzero said:

If i slap you and you fight back in a violent manner does that make you a thug?

According to the definition? Yes. The people coming out of the stands and being violent would be considered thugs regardless.

Wooddale kid tosses the ball to the Melrose kid.

Melrose kid takes it as disrespect. 

Melrose kid hits Wooddale kid in the head with the ball. 

Wooddale kid reacts by throwing a punch. 

Melrose kid goes right back at him.

Wooddale kid runs away. 

Coaches get involved. 

Fans overreact and it's all a mess.

The ref should have secured the ball, The kids shouldn't have done anything but give the ref the basketball, and no one should have ever come out of the stands.

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/player-hospitalized-after-brawl-tennessee-high-school-basketball

Can't see what happened off camera. 

A fight breaks out after the game.

People try to break it up.

People get involved.

Coaches should have shaken hands and got the kids off the floor. 

Either way, you look at it. Thugs were involved everywhere. 

Edited by warmachine7954