District 12A

Vandychris

• 3 weeks later...

So how excited are teams in 12 A this year? The board seems quiet but the teams are having some great starts to the season.

Returning several players on a Loretto squad that has already tested some projected state level talent in Columbia Academy, Summertown setting at 8-0 with wins over out of district rival like Forrest, Mt Pleasant and triple AAA school Franklin Co. Collinwood has high hopes again this season with some great returning talent with one of the biggest players in the district. Wayne Co with wins over Mt Pleasant and Lewis Co and a close game with AA opponent Scott's Hill. Perry Co has wins over AA schools and a close loss with Mt Pleasant, (a common opponent with Summertown and Wayne Co. Frank Hughes has early season victories over new region 6 opponents, what do we know about district 11 and how they will match up? 

I don't see anyone running off with this district, could we have a different season champion than a tournament champion?

Edited by EAsports

My opinion only:::

Loretto is the team to beat in the district, only lost Childress if I am correct, but he was a very well rounded player for them. They are senior loaded and very experienced. 

Collinwood will be tough with their big 3, but depth could be one thing that could get them in trouble with the deeper teams.  Very good guards with a true post. 

Summertown only lost 1 senior as well but also picked up a senior transfer guard, it always helps to have another perimeter threat. Trotter will lead the way for the junior loaded team. Summertown doesn't have size on the inside, but counteracts that with speed and length. 

Wayne I hear is hit with the injury bug right now, but things can change in January when the wins/losses really count. They still have good guards and a young big man, can be very dangerous with everyone healthy. Going undefeated righ now means nothing. 

Perry County should be led by a veteran point guard and their very tall post. They will be very dependant on their supporting cast, sorry I don't know much more than that.

Frank Hughes I am afraid wil struggle to make much noise in the district this year, new coach, lost some seniors and lost a would be senior this year due to transferring.

like I said, this post was my opinion only, we will see exactly how things stack up in a few weeks when they start going head to head. It's all about the matchups and whose style of play controls the games. Looking forward to a great season as usual.

On 12/9/2017 at 9:52 PM, Vandychris said:

Can anyone find a boxscore from the Loretto/CA game? Im seeing some stuff on FB claiming that the officiating was horribly one sided and favored CA. Would be interested to see how many fouls were called on each team and how many free throws each team shot.

I would say the officials were calling it tight on defense and it did hit Loretto's style of play pretty hard in the 1Q. I believe Loretto had 10 fouls called on them in the first 1Q alone. 

Personal Fouls

Loretto 26

Columbia Academy 20

Free Throws:

Loretto 14 of 20

Columbia Academy 20 of 26

• 2 weeks later...

Perry County should have beaten MTP but due to the TIgers making, no exaggeration, 9/ 10 from 3 point land in the first half as the Vikings were ice cold from the field. The guys had a gutsy effort on the road but came up short 71-68. I believe Perry County will compete in this District but man, Loretto, Collinwood, Summertown, and Wayne County are IMO as of now the top four.

23 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Perry County should have beaten MTP but due to the TIgers making, no exaggeration, 9/ 10 from 3 point land in the first half as the Vikings were ice cold from the field. The guys had a gutsy effort on the road but came up short 71-68. I believe Perry County will compete in this District but man, Loretto, Collinwood, Summertown, and Wayne County are IMO as of now the top four.

After losing your top two scorers, who is doing the scoring at PC this year?

1 minute ago, Rings said:

After losing your top two scorers, who is doing the scoring at PC this year?

We have 6 players scoring 7 to 11 ppg. But as of now we have a very skilled freshman that is leading the team with 11 ppg. He had 21 against Waverly and 15 against Camden. Then our two post players are right behind him with our PG scoring 7 a game and dishing out 5 assists a game.

Edited by PCsupporter4life