Quarterfinals: Rockwood travels to Meigs County for the rematch

14 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Congratulations to Swafford from Marion Co on being named a Mr. Football Finalist. Very well deserved.

That's a VERY impressive resume' that Marion Co. has achieved in football over the past 35 years.  When my grandson played as a sophomore for Meigs in 2004 we won a 35-34 slobberknocker against Marion in Jasper. 

2 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

That's a VERY impressive resume' that Marion Co. has achieved in football over the past 35 years.  When my grandson played as a sophomore for Meigs in 2004 we won a 35-34 slobberknocker against Marion in Jasper. 

We had a pretty good team that year. Lost to a 9-1 Tyner team and an 8-2 Polk team and you guys. We had some mediocre years in the late 2000's. Mainly due to questionable coaching hires by administration. The kids have always been the same around here. Some coaches can get it out of them some can't.  

53 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

We had a pretty good team that year. Lost to a 9-1 Tyner team and an 8-2 Polk team and you guys. We had some mediocre years in the late 2000's. Mainly due to questionable coaching hires by administration. The kids have always been the same around here. Some coaches can get it out of them some can't.  

Marion County wasn't any good in 2004. LMBO. That's the year SP and Marion both stunk. They beat us on a long pass at the end of the game. I remember listening to it on the radio. Both teams were horrible. 

28 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Marion County wasn't any good in 2004. LMBO. That's the year SP and Marion both stunk. They beat us on a long pass at the end of the game. I remember listening to it on the radio. Both teams were horrible. 

We were actually decent. Finished 7-3 and lost to Lipscomb in the 1st round who lost to Alcoa in the semis. Now sp on the other hand.... I didn't really want to bring that up. LOL

I think Meigs wins this one if they can stay focused and not be looking ahead to the following week. They have a good chance making it to the championship game if they can get by Rockwood, but will be challenged even more the following week by the winner of the Tyner/Marion Co. game. I'm sure Coach Fitzgerald is preaching to his players to play one game at a time, and forget the score from the first meeting with Rockwood.

43 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I think Meigs wins this one if they can stay focused and not be looking ahead to the following week. They have a good chance making it to the championship game if they can get by Rockwood, but will be challenged even more the following week by the winner of the Tyner/Marion Co. game. I'm sure Coach Fitzgerald is preaching to his players to play one game at a time, and forget the score from the first meeting with Rockwood.

I doubt we are looking ahead very far. One thing with  Meigs is, we haven't really been challenged but 3 games this season. Rockwood, Sequatchie, and Sweetwater all gave us a good game for at least two quarters. Or maybe longer with Sweetwater. This week and next we will see how much desire and heart our young men really have. We have never been behind more then 8 points in a game. That said, Meigs rolls this week.

Edited by Imthayeti