Huntingdon at Cornersville

ZEBRA35

19 hours ago, sum1uno said:

Congrats on your business. Local radio here is Wjjm. You can google it. AM1490. Hoping for a great game. I'll try to post. Depends on whether or not my phone picks up. Sometimes it does but only one bar. 

Thanks my man! With your input and Waker's hopefully  I'll be tuned to an awesome game!

Best of Luck to you and your boys down in C-ville Friday night!.. Play smart, disciplined football and you boys are in it to win it. This game may very well come down to turnovers and penalties. So Dogs; play smart and hard as you have all year, bring nothing but your best and hang your heads about nothing, win or lose, you boys have the best season C-ville has had the opportunity to smile about..... Good luck from MP!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Congrats to Huntingdon QB/LB Kade Pearson being named a finalist for 1A Mr. Football

Props from Riverside for Mr. Pearson working hard to bring another gold ball home to Huntingdon. Congrats to Swenson and staff on a heavy run this year. Looking forward to hearing that school bell ring. 

I'm not sure of Huntingdon beating the Bulldogs by 21. I think if you want to put a score on It I wouldn't put that much. These Dogs hit hard every play. Their running backs run fast but hit hard to finish runs. Only been to 5 games but this boys will let you know your in Cornersville. I would buy extra Tide or whatever you use to clean uniforms because your team will get dirty grass stain on those artificial turf uniforms when these boys hit you. Hold onto your hats in this one. 

On Personal fouls penalties remember if you get two you could be sitting out the next week and that's not being a team player.

My prediction is 30-27 Cornersville 

• Like 1

Realistically Cornersville can lend their success to good coaching, major schedule changes, and record numbers of participation. Big time difference between having 20 people on a team and 5 of them being good and having 40 people on the team and 15 of the players being good. I don’t lend their success to just a massive amount of talent increase, but rather a considerable amount of the hardcore football fans in Cornersville’s kids all coming through at the same time. That’s why the fan base has so much of an impact on game this Friday and why Cornersville will win the game Friday night. It means not only more to the boys playing but more to the entire community. Cornersville Football is an unstoppable monster that will see little decrease in their success over the next few years 

• Like 1

No doubt Cornersville has a real good football team. Nothing but respect for your kids and coaching staff and you have every right and reason to feel good coming into the game Friday night. 

However, other than the somewhat slow start against Moore  (after a cpl weeks off) this Huntingdon team had been executing like surgeons on the field. They have cut up teams across West Tn with ease. Yes, some of those teams were not necessarily as good as the teams we are seeing now in the playoffs but the same can be said for Cornersville. You will see soon enough Why many have had Huntingdon picked to win it all. I have seen most every game this year and can assure you it's not hype! These kids are just truly that good! Do we have kids that jaw to much? Yep! Do we have kids that are super emotional? Yep! But that swag and emotion is contagious and the entire team has bought into what the coaches have taught them.

This will certainly be a great game for about a quarter or so. Huntingdon will make the needed adjustments and roll! Final 42-14. Pray for injury free game! 

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

Realistically Cornersville can lend their success to good coaching, major schedule changes, and record numbers of participation. Big time difference between having 20 people on a team and 5 of them being good and having 40 people on the team and 15 of the players being good. I don’t lend their success to just a massive amount of talent increase, but rather a considerable amount of the hardcore football fans in Cornersville’s kids all coming through at the same time. That’s why the fan base has so much of an impact on game this Friday and why Cornersville will win the game Friday night. It means not only more to the boys playing but more to the entire community. Cornersville Football is an unstoppable monster that will see little decrease in their success over the next few years 

What you dont understand is Huntingdon has been in these types of games before. Huntingdon is no 1 year wonder like Cornersville. Huntingdon has been a state power ever since high school football started. This group of Freshman-Seniors have all been playing tackle football since the 3rd grade. Its called tradition. You wont know what hit you come Friday night. Oh yeah those white streaks going up and down the field are those slow Huntingdon running backs