Round 3 Raleigh -Egypt @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

I think this will be a game for a while. But Covington seemed to much more disciplined on both sides of the ball and they do not have players playing both ways. RE was not real messy with penalties but they did have a few bone headed mistakes that really come back to haunt you when you play a good team. Not having players go both ways is really going to help Covington in the 4th quarter. I picked Covington to go all the way to the state championship game. Covington has not played very well in its last couple of outings but I honestly think they will get it together and get up and play better for this game. RE is certainly capable of winning this contest. If the game wasn't so far I would definitely be there. 

10 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

vs South Gibson

RE won 26-14 (playoffs)

Cov won 49-21 (season)

It's hard to see much of a pattern there. RE did much better vs Melrose, and Covington did much better vs SGC. Results vs Bolivar were very similar.

Covington scored on SGC turnovers while RE didn’t. The pharaohs turned the ball over a few times vs SGC as well. Covington is my pick to win this game with or with RE turnovers 

17 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Per KWC's request

COMMON OPPONENT DATA

vs Melrose

RE won 42-6 (season)

Cov won 24-12 (playoffs)

vs Bolivar

RE won 41-13 (playoffs)

Cov won 47-20 (season)

vs South Gibson

RE won 26-14 (playoffs)

Cov won 49-21 (season)

It's hard to see much of a pattern there. RE did much better vs Melrose, and Covington did much better vs SGC. Results vs Bolivar were very similar.

I wonder what's the time of possession in these games? I will bet you RE probably has a bunch of one or two play drives

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2017] Covington (TN) 28, [2017] Raleigh-Egypt (Memphis, TN) 24

Wow - a new site for me, anyway. I went to the page for actual matchups. It is at

http://www.unapproved website.com/cgi-bin/2017/project_matchup.pl

I looked at games for 11/17/17 and found this listing (Covington as home team, not neutral site):

Raleigh-Egypt (Memphis, TN) at Covington (TN), 7:00pm   [projection: Covington (TN) 28-22]

I like his results. Thanks for pointing me to this website. I will bookmark it for future reference.

Note: Coach T replaced the website name above. Use cal-preps.com without the hyphen.

Edited by CHARGERFAN