NCS @ FC

thenextone

14 minutes ago, thenextone said:

From the Tennessean:

2 NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN (9-3) AT 1 FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN (11-0)

636462628911796429-NCS-FCS.jpg
Nashville Christian's Xavier Myers (left) and Friendship Christian's Jajuan Foutch (right)
The Tennessean

When: Friday, 7 p.m.

Nashville Christian boasts a pair of Mr. Football finalists in defensive lineman Brant Lawless (47 tackles, 7 sacks) and running back Xavier Myers (2,451 yards rushing, 36 TDs), but Friendship is the favorite. Friendship outscored opponents 400-107 en route to its first undefeated regular season since 2006.

Kreager’s pick: Nashville Christian 27, Friendship 24
Murphy’s pick: Nashville Christian 17, Friendship 10

Hahahha, Kreager and Murphy agree with me in that it isn't going to be a blow out either way. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing Murphy pick against FC is music to my ears.  He picked against FC in the 2011 and 2012 Championship games. In fact I don't think he has ever picked FC to win a game. How someone that claims to know high school football could have picked against that 2012 team is NUTS! 

It will be a battle for both teams Friday.

19 hours ago, thenextone said:

From the Tennessean:

2 NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN (9-3) AT 1 FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN (11-0)

636462628911796429-NCS-FCS.jpg
Nashville Christian's Xavier Myers (left) and Friendship Christian's Jajuan Foutch (right)
The Tennessean

When: Friday, 7 p.m.

Nashville Christian boasts a pair of Mr. Football finalists in defensive lineman Brant Lawless (47 tackles, 7 sacks) and running back Xavier Myers (2,451 yards rushing, 36 TDs), but Friendship is the favorite. Friendship outscored opponents 400-107 en route to its first undefeated regular season since 2006.

Kreager’s pick: Nashville Christian 27, Friendship 24
Murphy’s pick: Nashville Christian 17, Friendship 10

I like Murphy picking us, but there is no way this is a 17 - 10 ballgame. I dont think this man knows anything about most of the teams in TN. First of all, I cant remember the last time we attempted a field goal, much less made one, and second, I just dont see FC having the D to keep the score that low.

4 hours ago, carguy59 said:

I like Murphy picking us, but there is no way this is a 17 - 10 ballgame. I dont think this man knows anything about most of the teams in TN. First of all, I cant remember the last time we attempted a field goal, much less made one, and second, I just dont see FC having the D to keep the score that low.

Agree I think both teams will score more than that.   Did some video of both teams from sideline/endzone and both teams have decent size are athletic.  Both teams have been able to move the ball at will on most of the teams they have played this year.    NCS may be surprised the size and speed of FC.  However, I think NCS will win a higher scoring close game. 

Instead of picking the final score.  I predict that Myers will have 250+ yards on 29 carriers with 4 TD's

My 2 cents.... 

8 hours ago, youthsportsPIX said:

Agree I think both teams will score more than that.   Did some video of both teams from sideline/endzone and both teams have decent size are athletic.  Both teams have been able to move the ball at will on most of the teams they have played this year.    NCS may be surprised the size and speed of FC.  However, I think NCS will win a higher scoring close game. 

Instead of picking the final score.  I predict that Myers will have 250+ yards on 29 carriers with 4 TD's

My 2 cents.... 

I don't think that will happen against FCS'S defense. I see Speedy Foutch having as much ,or more , scores/ yards as Myers has in the game.

The team wants to prove that Foutch , because of injury, has been overlooked. It's gonna be a special kinda night for the big boys on the line Friday on both sides. My type of smash mouth game. 

Pray for an injury free game .Great way to start a new rivalry!

1 hour ago, inthagap said:

I don't think that will happen against FCS'S defense. I see Speedy Foutch having as much ,or more , scores/ yards as Myers has in the game.

The team wants to prove that Foutch , because of injury, has been overlooked. It's gonna be a special kinda night for the big boys on the line Friday on both sides. My type of smash mouth game. 

Pray for an injury free game .Great way to start a new rivalry!

Welcome to the club. The club that has fueled the NCS ground game all year. This team was told the season was over when our other running back left. Myers was told he wasn't as good.  Someone even say to Myers that if our other back was here, we wouldn't have started 0-2.  I' glad you are pulling for Foutch. Maybe he is a great kid. I' telling you right now, no other back has faced 9 and 10 man boxes the way this kid has and still has rattled off big time yards.  I hope for your sake, FC line is as good as you think. If not.....well you will witness it tomorrow

Edited by OrangeEagle

Simple Math:

9/29:    FCS 55 -- MJCA 14

10/13:  DA 31 -- NCS 28

11/10:  DA 28 -- MJCA 24

MJCA took the West number 1 seed to the final minute, a team that beat NCS, and a team that FCS beat earlier in the season (and has never lost to) by 41 points.  DA needs to worry about DCA now.  The East 3-5 seeds dominated the West 4-6 seeds in the playoffs.

Time will tell but all the talk about the running game is funny.  Its not the line at FCS its the entire package.  Kings, MJCA, and MTCS (twice) are all in the top ten RB's in the state.  FCS shut each down.

Good luck tonight, hopefully no injuries so the championship will be fun whoever advances.

8 hours ago, AlbertPine said:

Simple Math:

MJCA took the West number 1 seed to the final minute, a team that beat NCS, and a team that FCS beat earlier in the season (and has never lost to) by 41 points.  DA needs to worry about DCA now.  The East 3-5 seeds dominated the West 4-6 seeds in the playoffs.

Time will tell but all the talk about the running game is funny.  Its not the line at FCS its the entire package.  Kings, MJCA, and MTCS (twice) are all in the top ten RB's in the state.  FCS shut each down.

Good luck tonight, hopefully no injuries so the championship will be fun whoever advances.

This is flawed logic. Thought the RB from TKA was injured and did not play v FCS? Hylick had 173 yards and 9.3 YPC v FCS. I know he broke a long one late but still good #'s. That's not shutting them down. As far as DA v DCA goes, DA should be just fine even if they don't put a complete game together. DCA gave up 31 to FA last week and that is a team DA had down 50-0 at the half. I also don't think DCA has seen an O capable of what DA is capable of. DA is still my pick to win it all based on the O. D is definitely lacking but they have the ability to outscore anyone with the passing/running game combo.

FCS over NCS 27-21

DA over DCA 42-28

8 hours ago, AlbertPine said:

Simple Math:

What is your point? That H.S. football is math class? You do know that Hewitt was injured in that game, right? Its the only reason MJCA had a chance against DA. As for the backs that you claim to be top ten in the state, you do realize this is the absolute worst class in the state. Any average back should be pounding out 200 a game against 10 or 12 of the teams in D2 A, so shutting those guys down is no big deal. Kings, MJCA and MTCS are all middle of the road teams in the worst class in TSSAA football.

2 minutes ago, carguy59 said:

What is your point? That H.S. football is math class? You do know that Hewitt was injured in that game, right? Its the only reason MJCA had a chance against DA. As for the backs that you claim to be top ten in the state, you do realize this is the absolute worst class in the state. Any average back should be pounding out 200 a game against 10 or 12 of the teams in D2 A, so shutting those guys down is no big deal. Kings, MJCA and MTCS are all middle of the road teams in the worst class in TSSAA football.

Well said. This DIIA group is abysmal and an absolute joke. Myers or Hewitt could have gone for 3000+ if coaches had let them. Hard to keep running a back when you are up 35 in Q1 just about every week.

There is a huge gap between the top teams and the lower teams.  But, the top 3-4 teams are very talented and have proven, through their opponents, that they can play with some of the larger classifications.  I know a couple have beaten some good playoff teams in other divisions.  And, the top tier talent, can play , and would be welcomed on most teams. 

1 hour ago, Golden1 said:

There is a huge gap between the top teams and the lower teams.  But, the top 3-4 teams are very talented and have proven, through their opponents, that they can play with some of the larger classifications.  I know a couple have beaten some good playoff teams in other divisions.  And, the top tier talent, can play , and would be welcomed on most teams. 

Starting lineups of the top four might play with other divisions. Depth is an issue, even with the top four. They can beat teams like Goodpature and Lipscomb and maybe a handful more. The bottom of this division is about as bad as it gets. There is no challenge for a decent back to get 1000 yds against those teams alone.

Edited by carguy59