NCS @ FC

thenextone

6 hours ago, OrangeEagle said:

First of all, what a game! FC showed some guts in the second half of that ball game. 

Here is my perspective and I would love to hear the FC side of things. Please don't think I am taking anything away from the players. I' not. They played ball. My thing about the flow of the game is why did Brothers get cute and throw the ball in the second quarter? 2 picks! NCS was having success and at that point in the game, FC looked shocked to me. Myers was running hard and breaking tackles, then Brothers does what he has done all year. I wanna here the FC take on thatg aspect of the game. 

The other part and this was actually my biggest fear is FC coaches made great adjustments in the second half. NCS didn't and those adjustments breathed life back into the FC players.  

Congrats it was a well earned victory

Here are my thoughts, outside of a few big NCS runs, they didn’t do much on the ground. The Myers kid is good. This game shouldn’t have been as close as it was and we were lucky to win. AS a TN fan,  I’m a bit disappointed in Lawless, he’s clearly athletic, but has a ways to go as a lineman. FCS line was moving him 2-3 yards off the line without doubleteams. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Brothers lost that game and the Davidson game and the Wayne County game last year and the Union City games. He's is a horrible play caller and simply gets out coached in big games! IMO He is the Bobby Cox and Phil Fulmer of small ball high school football in Tennessee. He's had all the talent in the world for a 1A and DII A school and 1 state championship to show for it. He's had 4 D1 players on a 1a team and couldn't get it done because of horrendous play calling. (Daniel Bituli, Alex Given, Mario McGraw and Brant Lawless.) He's been tremendously successful against weak teams and trust me he loves the record it's gotten him. He is EXPOSED and simply not the coach or leader he pretends or sees himself as being. As a senior parent I of course wanted our team to win as many games as possible but I am honestly not sad to see the CoachBroShow  come to an end and neither is my son.

Great 2nd half by FC! Your team played hard and deserved the win! Good luck to you in Cookeville!

24 minutes ago, CommanderMan said:

Here are my thoughts, outside of a few big NCS runs, they didn’t do much on the ground. The Myers kid is good. This game shouldn’t have been as close as it was and we were lucky to win. AS a TN fan,  I’m a bit disappointed in Lawless, he’s clearly athletic, but has a ways to go as a lineman. FCS line was moving him 2-3 yards off the line without doubleteams. 

NCS had over 200 on the ground. I am in no way disresecting FC. I said all week it would be this type of game.  Brothers does dumb crap. He can't help himself. FC coaching staff completely out coached Brothers. No adjustments.  This year we are 1-4 in big games. Terrible hire for a DC when Crosby left

17 minutes ago, OrangeEagle said:

NCS had over 200 on the ground. I am in no way disresecting FC. I said all week it would be this type of game.  Brothers does dumb crap. He can't help himself. FC coaching staff completely out coached Brothers. No adjustments.  This year we are 1-4 in big games. Terrible hire for a DC when Crosby left

Take away NCS biggest 3 runs (i know you can’t) and you have what, 40 carries for 100 yards? It’s hard to move the sticks when your average rush goes for 2-3 yards, i think that’s why your coach tried to pass the ball. 

22 hours ago, CFAfan said:

This is flawed logic. Thought the RB from TKA was injured and did not play v FCS? Hylick had 173 yards and 9.3 YPC v FCS. I know he broke a long one late but still good #'s. That's not shutting them down. As far as DA v DCA goes, DA should be just fine even if they don't put a complete game together. DCA gave up 31 to FA last week and that is a team DA had down 50-0 at the half. I also don't think DCA has seen an O capable of what DA is capable of. DA is still my pick to win it all based on the O. D is definitely lacking but they have the ability to outscore anyone with the passing/running game combo.

FCS over NCS 27-21

DA over DCA 42-28

Your opion has been wrong all year about DCA. You gave then NO chance to get to Cookeville and I tried to explain they had just enough overall talent to beat anyone in the division. DA is a great team but DCA was clearly better last night in all phases. Both teams missed opportunities in the passing game though.  DCA had a 40 yard td called back. DCAs line play and offensive play calling were outstanding and the RB had 220 yards. #20 went down with cramps and only played a few snaps at the start of the third. After establishing the first half run game, and missing a few go routes, the 2nd half set up nicely for him to contine to run past the DBs and hit on a few. 

In all fairness DCA was the better team last night and the score without the td drops and td run called back would have been plus 21 pts for DCA. 

Also, #1 for DA is a great RB for D2A but FCS, MTCS and MJCA had backs that were much more difficult to contain. Not saying they're better but definitely more difficult. The difference is break away speed IMO. Loved how he plays and he competed every play. 

Your season long dismissal of their chances to get to Cookeville will be accurate for next seasons DCA since they lose all but 4 starters the the roster will only have 2 seniors. The next two years will be historically lean but the lower middle school has the size, speed, and talent to make a run at the gold ball for multiple years. However, THIS YEAR they will be in Cookeville.

Congrats to FCS on their big win and I hope the rematch is as competitive as the first game. 

17 minutes ago, CommanderMan said:

Take away NCS biggest 3 runs (i know you can’t) and you have what, 40 carries for 100 yards? It’s hard to move the sticks when your average rush goes for 2-3 yards, i think that’s why your coach tried to pass the ball. 

Of course you can' take away big plays. If we take away an 80 yard play, it's not much on offense for FC. It's the eb and flow of a game.  Brothers doesn't make any adjustments. FC coaches did. That's the differece in that game. FC coaches are much better than our HC and DC. 1000 %. My hats off to them.  They got it done. 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, NCSdad23 said:

From what I have seen on film I agree with OrangeEagle the line play cancels out.  It will be interesting to see a Smith/Lawless matchup! Running back edge to NCS. Both teams will have to find just enough of a passing game. Slight edge to FC.  Special teams edge to NCS. Overall skill play edge to NCS.

Note: There is danger lurking if the ball is in the air. 

Congrats to both teams and  praying for a safe game. 

The FC Oline showed up in the 2nd half as did the Defense.  FC had no quit in them and it appeared that NCS was not prepared for the continued pounding that FC withstood.  What an incredible game!

There was definitely danger lurking when the ball was in the air.  FC had four pics on the night.  This is an FC squad that has 19 pics now on the year.  Their overall skill play is beyond any team in the Division.  

FC's 80 yard pass play was not what NCS was expecting.

NCS is a great football team.  This was one of the best high school football games I have seen in several years.  Hats off to NCS on a great season.  

23 hours ago, GoldTrident said:

The FC Oline showed up in the 2nd half as did the Defense.  FC had no quit in them and it appeared that NCS was not prepared for the continued pounding that FC withstood.  What an incredible game!

There was definitely danger lurking when the ball was in the air.  FC had four pics on the night.  This is an FC squad that has 19 pics now on the year.  Their overall skill play is beyond any team in the Division.  

FC's 80 yard pass play was not what NCS was expecting.

NCS is a great football team.  This was one of the best high school football games I have seen in several years.  Hats off to NCS on a great season.  

I thought it would be a great game which it turned out to be. You will see I said all week leading up to the game, FC coaches are top notch. IMO, the game never should have come down to that 80 pass play. Brothers killed what momentum NCS had in the first half. Myers had a 15 yard run to get us inside the FC 35. Brothers throws the ball and it' picked. We get a stop, and he throws another pick. Our crowd was beside itself.  

Fastfoward, we are driving with the clock inside 3 minutes and Brothers throws two passes and stops the clock. There is NO WAY, FC would have touched the ball again. FC had the momentum in the second half for sure. 

I have been saying all year our DC would cost us a ball game. How are we not in quarters with FC having to go 80 yards?  

Why do we not call time out when FC set up the trick play? 

Both teams played their tails off and it was an all out effort by both teams. FC coaches, man, you guys really have something to be proud of. They made all the difference. Congrats to th FC football community.

I made the drive down to Lebanon to watch this game and to see the UT commit in action. Nice setting for a playoff game. Several swings in the game. NCS was their own worst enemy. That fake punt was a really bad call. Friendship coaches looked like they made all the right moves in second half. Really impressed with the quality of play at the DIIA level. 

On 11/18/2017 at 7:52 AM, Playerscoach said:

Your opion has been wrong all year about DCA. You gave then NO chance to get to Cookeville and I tried to explain they had just enough overall talent to beat anyone in the division. DA is a great team but DCA was clearly better last night in all phases. Both teams missed opportunities in the passing game though.  DCA had a 40 yard td called back. DCAs line play and offensive play calling were outstanding and the RB had 220 yards. #20 went down with cramps and only played a few snaps at the start of the third. After establishing the first half run game, and missing a few go routes, the 2nd half set up nicely for him to contine to run past the DBs and hit on a few. 

In all fairness DCA was the better team last night and the score without the td drops and td run called back would have been plus 21 pts for DCA. 

Also, #1 for DA is a great RB for D2A but FCS, MTCS and MJCA had backs that were much more difficult to contain. Not saying they're better but definitely more difficult. The difference is break away speed IMO. Loved how he plays and he competed every play. 

Your season long dismissal of their chances to get to Cookeville will be accurate for next seasons DCA since they lose all but 4 starters the the roster will only have 2 seniors. The next two years will be historically lean but the lower middle school has the size, speed, and talent to make a run at the gold ball for multiple years. However, THIS YEAR they will be in Cookeville.

Congrats to FCS on their big win and I hope the rematch is as competitive as the first game. 

Congrats on a huge win. I thought DCA played extremely well and came ready to play. Good luck next weekend in Cookeville.

2 hours ago, CFAfan said:

Congrats on a huge win. I thought DCA played extremely well and came ready to play. Good luck next weekend in Cookeville.

Thank you.  Easily one of the best games I've ever seen Dennis call. I was really happy for him. Also saw Paul Wade there. He was wearing shorts of course. Lol

DA had a great environment, a great team, and have a great coach. DCA was fortunate to win.

Edited by Playerscoach

6 hours ago, IKickTheBall said:

I made the drive down to Lebanon to watch this game and to see the UT commit in action. Nice setting for a playoff game. Several swings in the game. NCS was their own worst enemy. That fake punt was a really bad call. Friendship coaches looked like they made all the right moves in second half. Really impressed with the quality of play at the DIIA level. 

I watched the broadcast of the game this morning, you are so right. Absolutey terrible call by Brothers to run a fake punt there.  NCS also had success getting the ball on the edge but only called that twice in the second half. Spot on with swings in the game. Looking at it a second time, FC was on the ropes and Brothers gave them life and the FC coaches made the most of it. Those guys could do no wrong in the second half. They had the Midas touch for sure in the second half. This one still hurts