• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

sheppy

Blue Cross Championship Games

I just looked at the brackets for the championship games in Cookeville.

Did I read that the public schools are playing on Thursday and Friday and the private schools are playing on Saturday?  WTH

Private Schools don't have enough teams in the 3 classes to play 5 playoff games.  Therefore some have bye's week 1 and they play their semi-finals games on Nov. 17. 

Public Schools have 32 teams in every class and play 5 consecutive weeks.  If you win your semifinal game, 6 schools will play their championship game 6 days later, 6 schools will play their championship game 7 days later.championship

Private schools will play their  championship game 15 days later.

As long as we have 9(!) title games, here's a potential solution. Play the D2 title games on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and the D1 title games on the Friday/Saturday after that.

7 hours ago, osunut2 said:

As long as we have 9(!) title games, here's a potential solution. Play the D2 title games on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and the D1 title games on the Friday/Saturday after that.

Best solution there is.

Went to Georgia State Championships last year.  1st game - 9 am I think.   10 years ago they played 5 semi final games on Friday and 5 on Saturday.  8 am - 1st game