Quarterfinals: Marion County (7-5) at Tyner Academy (10-2)

steelcityroller

Preview from that Hargis mans paper:

CLASS 2A

MARION COUNTY WARRIORS (7-5) at TYNER RAMS (10-2)

Storyline: The Rams used a furious rally in the final five minutes to earn a win and the Region 3 title in their first meeting, securing the right to host tonight's game. Last week, the Warriors continued their resurgence with a huge win at one of the toughest places to play in the state, rolling past Trousdale County. Senior RB/DB Jacob Saylors, who was announced as a Mr. Football finalist this week, was again the best player on the field, collecting his fourth 200-plus-yards rushing performance in five games. He also intercepted a pass for the fourth time in three weeks. Backfield mates Seth McClain and Brett Nelson can keep the Rams honest, and QB Isaiah Sampson can be dangerous as a runner or throwing downfield to speedy WR Kane Hale. The Rams are riding a huge wave of confidence that comes with having won 10 straight, averaging 40-plus points per game during that stretch. Tyner has speed at every skill position — including QB Jaylen Bowens (1,000-plus all-purpose yards), RB Jeremy Elston (1,200 rushing yards) and sophomore WR Jeremiah Batiste (700-plus receiving yards) — which will challenge Marion to be sound defensively on every snap or risk giving up a big play. The Rams' defense, led by senior DL Tracey Justice with 100-plus tackles and 25 for loss, has been just as impressive, holding six opponents to one score or fewer.

Best of luck to the Warriors tonight from this TC fan! I haven't congratulated you all from last weeks game yet but you all are a class act. The interaction I had with MC faithful is what you expect to have from teams that have been there before. I hope MC makes it back to Cookeville this year and gets the Gold Ball. That way when TC meets them next year, we can knock out the champs! :thumb: So tonight..... Go Warriors!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Best of luck to the Warriors tonight from this TC fan! I haven't congratulated you all from last weeks game yet but you all are a class act. The interaction I had with MC faithful is what you expect to have from teams that have been there before. I hope MC makes it back to Cookeville this year and gets the Gold Ball. That way when TC meets them next year, we can knock out the champs! :thumb: So tonight..... Go Warriors!

Thanks MVP. My first trip to Hartsville in 2013 I knew then that TC was a special place. With all the crap that was going on with former coaches vandalizing our field house and all the negative press our kids were getting it was a dark time for our program. I was at the field a couple hours before kickoff and a gray haired man who said he was supt. of schools ( I think he said his name was Satterfield but not sure) talked to me for a long time about it. He and along with other TC fans were the most gracious fans I believe I have ever been around. They genuinely seemed concerned for our kids and assured us that they would bounce back from adversity. It was hard to see at that time but they were right. That memory will always stay with me. TC should be proud of their program and the people surrounding it.