Davidson vs DCA

Playerscoach

Last week DA may have been looking ahead to DCA? DCA may have done the same in their 1st half?

The two best passing QB's in the division go head to head. DA has a great rushing attack too and DCA has struggled stopping the run at times.

DA is the favorite here but DCA has a balanced offense that can score if DAs secondary isn't ready every play. 

Edited by Playerscoach

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Last week DA may have been looking ahead to DCA? DCA may have done the same in their 1st half?

The two best passing QB's in the division go head to head. DA has a great rushing attack too and DCA has struggled stopping the run at times.

DA is the favorite here but DCA has a balanced offense that can score if DAs secondary isn't ready every play. 

IMO DA wins this one 35-14. I just don't think the DCA defense can keep DA from putting 30+ on the board. I would love to see a DCA win! Upsets are always fun.. unless you get upset.

4 hours ago, NCSdad23 said:

IMO DA wins this one 35-14. I just don't think the DCA defense can keep DA from putting 30+ on the board. I would love to see a DCA win! Upsets are always fun.. unless you get upset.

DCA hasn't been held to less than 4 tds but once this year. They scored 27 against FCS. It would take a great effort to do that.  DCAs offense when the WRs are healthy can cause problems for most teams. Maybe DA can do it but nobody has so far?

It also could be fun to watch if DCA's Sr 6'2" 245 lb  RB/DT/MLB gets loose in the secondary like he did last week. He's arguably the most physically gifted athlete in the history of that school. As a sophomore he had 5 sacks against DA but was coming off an injury last year. 

DAs has the most balanced attack  of the remaining teams so it will be a huge challenge for DCA. The mobile DCA QB and the WRs/TE are pretty good too. Should be fun to watch!!

37 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

DCA hasn't been held to less than 4 tds but once this year. They scored 27 against FCS. It would take a great effort to do that.  DCAs offense when the WRs are healthy can cause problems for most teams. Maybe DA can do it but nobody has so far?

It also could be fun to watch if DCA's Sr 6'2" 245 lb  RB/DT/MLB gets loose in the secondary like he did last week. He's arguably the most physically gifted athlete in the history of that school. As a sophomore he had 5 sacks against DA but was coming off an injury last year. 

DAs has the most balanced attack  of the remaining teams so it will be a huge challenge for DCA. The mobile DCA QB and the WRs/TE are pretty good too. Should be fun to watch!!

Trust me I would love for NCS to play DCA. I just don't think you can outscore DA. That said there is an ankle injury from what I hear at DA. That could could possibly play a factor....

1 hour ago, NCSdad23 said:

Trust me I would love for NCS to play DCA. I just don't think you can outscore DA. That said there is an ankle injury from what I hear at DA. That could could possibly play a factor....

Yep DA has a great offense and team. Will be an upset for sure. I think DCA would like a rematch with Friendship. Two turnovers inside their own 7 yard line doomed them. Now that everyone is healthy and the passing game is clicking again it would be a fun game to watch. #20 had 250 receiving last week and had tds on the first two possessions against Friendship. He got banged up the next series and has been slowed since. 

DA NCS and FC are all a notch above DCA overall but with their passing attack they have a punchers chance in most games.

18 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

DCA scored 27 points on an FC team that fumbled 4 times to give you those points , and that was because they had a guy carrying the ball with a significant elbow and shoulder injury. I just don't see this DCA offense being what it was in the past. I don't know a lot about DA but they will win. wasn't impressed with DCA. However that was very early in the year.

40 minutes ago, BoomerBoy said:

DCA scored 27 points on an FC team that fumbled 4 times to give you those points , and that was because they had a guy carrying the ball with a significant elbow and shoulder injury. I just don't see this DCA offense being what it was in the past. I don't know a lot about DA but they will win. wasn't impressed with DCA. However that was very early in the year.

DCA also turned it over inside their own 7 twice to give FCS two tds. Also had two easy td's dropped and #20 scored two tds tge first two series then was injured. Did FCS have turnovers inside their own 7? 

Both teams had turnovers the difference is DCAs were catastrophic

Sorry you weren't impressed with them, especially the passing attack since parents and coaches at FCS were. Even people from FCS in this thread made supportive comments. 

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

DCA also turned it over inside their own 7 twice to give FCS two tds. Also had two easy td's dropped and #20 scored two tds tge first two series then was injured. Did FCS have turnovers inside their own 7? 

Both teams had turnovers the difference is DCAs were catastrophic

Sorry you weren't impressed with them, especially the passing attack since parents and coaches at FCS were. Even people from FCS in this thread made supportive comments. 

Once FCS was able to go into the half and make adjustments....  DCA scored 7 points in the second half. All I am saying is that I played against some DCA teams in the past that were much more explosive than this team. Good luck to both teams but my opinion not trying to be "the bad guy" I just know DCA has had some GREAT offenses and if you were to put this one up against those it is very average.

2 minutes ago, BoomerBoy said:

Once FCS was able to go into the half and make adjustments....  DCA scored 7 points in the second half. All I am saying is that I played against some DCA teams in the past that were much more explosive than this team. Good luck to both teams but my opinion not trying to be "the bad guy" I just know DCA has had some GREAT offenses and if you were to put this one up against those it is very average.

Ive seen the last 37 years of DCA offenses and the combo of the QB/WR/TE is top two. No Mr Football RB but good enough. The OL/DL is where this team is not elite but the kids work hard and compete.

This QB with his running and throwing combination is in the discussion of best ever there. Lots of good ones have passed through there, including an NFL qb, but this kid is a perfect fit for what this team needs. 

With that being said DA NCS and FCS are all favored over DCA.