Smith County at Red Bank, Quarterfinals

originalSC3

1 hour ago, TennesseeLady said:

From my understanding the York coach said they came out flat.

As I have posted before, this Red Bank team is probably the most athletic and solid team we have faced this year.  Meigs Co. was right there with them but no way Meigs, being the #1 2-A team in state, has the speed that Red Bank has.  If you have problems containing the edges, this will be a long night.  Their safety will light you up.  Now it does not stop with speed, they have size as well.  Sometimes secondary is a little overzealous and can get out of position, but speed makes up for it.  Just my two cents.

• Like 1

If the Red Bank team shows up like they did against Sequatchie then could be a close game. Smith has some speed. Sequatchie contained the speedsters from Red Bank pretty well. Honestly imo Red bank didn't impress me none at all. If You can stop the screen game then you can beat them. There running game didn't seem to work against us.  But whoever wins will have a very tough game against Alcoa. 

7 hours ago, payner410 said:

York didnt come out flat! They had it handed to them. The Squatch game was close because They limited RB to only 6 off series. You have to control the clock with RB  or they will light you up. CJ is one of the best JR;s in the state!!!! a

Great point, a ball control offense can help.  I agree this is a rhythm type of offense for RB.  Throw the rhythm off and it can give problems.  QB is also solid.  I can only speak to Red Bank, I know absolutely nothing about Smith Co.