Da Haven

dannyq

6'-3", 240 lb. TE/DE Coremontae Hamilton recently received an offer from the U of M.

Coromontae's Riv_als profile.

Coremontae recently received offers from Austin Peay University and Cincinatti. 

The University of Tennessee has recently offered Coromontae. 

Ole Miss and Louisville have both offered. That's now 14 offers to date.

Edited by kwc

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

swain-banner2.gif?format=1000w

Coach Rodney Saulsberry was live on the radio this morning on Maryville radio station WKVL on the Swain Event show. I heard him at about 8:10 EDT, so that would be hour two of the podcast. Here is a link to the podcast which should have today's show on later today if y'all want to listen. 

http://www.swainevent.com/podcasts/

Thanks Red. I enjoyed listening to that. It seems that Coach Pruitt and the coaching staff is making recruiting Memphis a priority. Good for them. I'm so glad the other coach is gone.

It is also evident, by way of that interview, and by Mr. Swain's comments about how hard coach Saulsberry works and goes over and beyond when it comes to getting his young men recruited. For UT to offer five guys off of this up and coming team is awesome. But, the majority of the credit for Whitehaven having 14 players on thie 2018 -2019 team to have offers is a direct results of his tireless work that he puts into making things happen. The players have to put the work in, in the class room and on the football field, no doubt ... but Coach Saulsberry is the one who put this thing together. I've said it before and I will say it again ... High school coaches across Tennessee need to sit in on him teaching a seminar on how to do it. However, when most of the coaches find out how much work is involved ... they probably won't do it.

Edited by kwc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kwc said:

Thanks Red. I enjoyed listening to that. It seems that Coach Pruitt and the coaching staff is making recruiting Memphis a priority. Good for them. I'm so glad the other coach is gone.

It is also evident, by way of that interview, and by Mr. Swain's comments about how hard coach Saulsberry works and goes over and beyond when it comes to getting his young men recruited. For UT to offer five guys off of this up and coming team is awesome. But, the majority of the credit for Whitehaven having 14 players on thie 2018 -2019 team to have offers is a direct results of his tireless work that he puts into making things happen. The players have to put the work in, in the class room and on the football field, no doubt ... but Coach Saulsberry is the one who put this thing together. I've said it before and I will say it again ... High school coaches across Tennessee need to sit in on him teaching a seminar on how to do it. However, when most of the coaches find out how much work is involved ... they probably won't do it.

Rodney Saulsberry does a great job. Whitehaven always had the athletes. I follow UT Recruiting a lot and know Whitehaven has sent a lot of kids to college. Whitehaven wasn't winning championships until Saulsberry started coaching there. Coaching matters bigtime.

32 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Rodney Saulsberry does a great job. Whitehaven always had the athletes. I follow UT Recruiting a lot and know Whitehaven has sent a lot of kids to college. Whitehaven wasn't winning championships until Saulsberry started coaching there. Coaching matters bigtime.

REBELRON:

I remember like it was yesterday, I made a statement on here that, folks, at the time, thought I was being a homer, or even worse, downright delusional. You may remember the conversation, you may not. Somehow, the subject came up, who would you want to coach your team, or something like that. Most replies were, coach Quarles, which is an awesome testimony, in and of itself, of the respect and awe across the state for him as a coach and as a person. I stated that I would take coach Saulsberry over Quarles, or any other Tennessee high school football coach, anyday of the week. Well, I don't have to tell you how that went over on this board. How could I select Saulsberry over Quarles? Folks went bonkers. I even explained, that for this school and this culture, coach Saulsberry was the perfect fit. He and the staff were in the beginning stages then, of what they have built at Whitehaven, now. Quarles was perfect for Maryville. He probably could of had similar success in other high schools in Tennessee, given the right support system. My explanation was that Saulsberry was/is perfect for Whitehaven. It was never meant as a slight to Quarles or any other coach in Tennessee, for that matter, in any fashion. It was more of a tribute to what Saulsberry was/is building at Whitehaven.

Yeah ... coaching matters. Big time. Fit matters as well. When both of those mesh well together, like it does at Whitehaven and how it has in the past at Maryville, and how it appears to have translated to the current HC at Maryville and the support he has there. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

6'-3", 240 lb. TE/DE Coremontae Hamilton recently received an offer from the U of M.

Coromontae's Riv_als profile.

Coremontae recently received offers from Austin Peay University and Cincinatti. 

The University of Tennessee has recently offered Coromontae.  Ole Miss and Louisville have both offered. 

Alabama has recently offered Cormontae. That's 13 offers to date. (The Twitter image is of Josh McMillon)

Edited by kwc

Melvin got another offer. This one is from the Big 10. According to Woody Womack at Riv_als, it seems that the people at Pudue want Melvin to be a Boilermaker! The list of schools offering this young man scholarships is continuing to grow! According to Riv_als, 

Melvin recently received an offer from the University of Texas San Antonio, MTSU, and Western Illinois

Prarie View A & M is the next school to offer Melvin recently. Melvin recently received offers from Cincinatti  and Southern MIss.  The University of Tennessee has recently offered big Melvin McBride. Also, the University of Florida has recently offered as well. 

Arkansas is the latest to offer Big Melvin.

The University of Virginia is the latest to offer Melvin. That's now 15 offers to date.

4 hours ago, kwc said:

REBELRON:

I remember like it was yesterday, I made a statement on here that, folks, at the time, thought I was being a homer, or even worse, downright delusional. You may remember the conversation, you may not. Somehow, the subject came up, who would you want to coach your team, or something like that. Most replies were, coach Quarles, which is an awesome testimony, in and of itself, of the respect and awe across the state for him as a coach and as a person. I stated that I would take coach Saulsberry over Quarles, or any other Tennessee high school football coach, anyday of the week. Well, I don't have to tell you how that went over on this board. How could I select Saulsberry over Quarles? Folks went bonkers. I even explained, that for this school and this culture, coach Saulsberry was the perfect fit. He and the staff were in the beginning stages then, of what they have built at Whitehaven, now. Quarles was perfect for Maryville. He probably could of had similar success in other high schools in Tennessee, given the right support system. My explanation was that Saulsberry was/is perfect for Whitehaven. It was never meant as a slight to Quarles or any other coach in Tennessee, for that matter, in any fashion. It was more of a tribute to what Saulsberry was/is building at Whitehaven.

Yeah ... coaching matters. Big time. Fit matters as well. When both of those mesh well together, like it does at Whitehaven and how it has in the past at Maryville, and how it appears to have translated to the current HC at Maryville and the support he has there. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

I agree with your post.