Da Haven

dannyq

11 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not buying it. I appreciate that the WH coaches make it a high priority for their players to be advertised, but if they were just better than average, DI schools wouldn't offer, and you wouldn't graduate eight or ten scholarships off the team most years. Maryville is the "king" of 6A football, and Whitehaven consistently has bigger, faster, and more athletic kids in just about every position on the field... why are they better than Whitehaven? Superior coaching. 

Here we go again. 

giphy.gif

Championship-Football-Maryville-takes-do

Championship-Football-Maryville-takes-do 

12 hours ago, kwc said:

And Maryville, Oakland, and Ravenwood don't send players to D1 Schools?

Don't get it twisted. Yes, WH has sent players to D1 schools. No more then Oakland or Ravenwood each year. We also focus on D2, D3, and the like. WH has built a rep with the UT Martin's of the world, as well, by the hustle of the WH HC. You don't have to buy it but do some research and discover how the man operates ... You will be amazed.

Maryville does what they do as a result of talent and coaching. You don't do what they've done without it. They don't have the amount of kids going to the next level like WH because it is not that high of a priority for them, like it is at WH. It just isn't even close.

That being stated, I don't think that there is going to be a change at the OC position at WH.

They don't have the amount of kids going to the next level like WH because it is not that high of a priority for them, like it is at WH. It just isn't even close.

You lost me on that statement kwc. That is absolutely false, and I am surprised you made that statement. If Maryville had the talent year in and year out that WH enjoys 6A would be a farce. 

18 minutes ago, MLREB said:

They don't have the amount of kids going to the next level like WH because it is not that high of a priority for them, like it is at WH. It just isn't even close.

You lost me on that statement kwc. That is absolutely false, and I am surprised you made that statement. If Maryville had the talent year in and year out that WH enjoys 6A would be a farce. 

The statement is not a slight against Maryville MLREB. I'm also NOT saying that it isn't important to Maryville, bercause it is. However, It's not Maryville's focus like it is at WH is all i'm saying. Just go look at anything the Whiethaven football system states in-house or in public and it's included in the language and message. It's the driving force behind the program.

Edited by kwc

13 hours ago, kwc said:

And Maryville, Oakland, and Ravenwood don't send players to D1 Schools?

Don't get it twisted. Yes, WH has sent players to D1 schools. No more then Oakland or Ravenwood each year. We also focus on D2, D3, and the like. WH has built a rep with the UT Martin's of the world, as well, by the hustle of the WH HC. You don't have to buy it but do some research and discover how the man operates ... You will be amazed.

Maryville does what they do as a result of talent and coaching. You don't do what they've done without it. They don't have the amount of kids going to the next level like WH because it is not that high of a priority for them, like it is at WH. It just isn't even close.

That being stated, I don't think that there is going to be a change at the OC position at WH.

First of all that is not true at all. Im sick of the Haven faithful making it sound like their coach is the only one that makes it a "priority" to get kids to school. No, every coach or at least the good ones do what they can to get their athletes into school. You guys have some legitimate athletes. Look how many D1 kids Oakland and Maryville have in their history, not nearly as many as you all do. They do more with less. Almost all of the perennial powerhouses do. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 3:33 AM, WarEagleCartman said:

Cartersville Georgia is looking for a game. Don't Haven only have 9 games? I recall coach S sayin y'all will play anyone anytime

I don't know how many games The Haven has for the 2020-2021 season. I don't know who we've talked to or who we haven't talked to. If coach wants to leave it at 9 for whatever reason, it's not like it hasn't happened before.