Oak Ridge Wildcats 2017 - 2018

WilleTheWildcat

3 hours ago, DustyJames said:

Hoping to see Oak Ridge back in the state finals this year. It would be nice to see the women and men from OR in the finals. And that is a real possibility. 

I love your enthusiasm. Just one small thing, the OR boys lost in the semifinals last season to Memphis East.  The boys will have a very difficult road to get to State. One off night during the Tournaments and you could be putting the balls up. Bearden and Maryville are both very good with Bearden being a nasty pit bull not bulldog.

When the Lady Wildcats are firing on all pistons they can get to State. Jada's blood has turned to ice water and she has turned into a stoned cold killer. She is very focused. Mykia can be counted on to lead. The other pieces are in place. Like the boys, there are several girls team out there standing in the way to State, however.

Let finished the regular season strong then may the best team win on each night in the tournaments.

9 hours ago, DustyJames said:

Hoping to see Oak Ridge back in the state finals this year. It would be nice to see the women and men from OR in the finals. And that is a real possibility. 

Ha I doubt that will happen this year, my friend. Not on the boys end, at least. If they make it to the finals this year it'll be the best coaching job Green has done since he has been here. And even if they do, I would hate the massacre that would be awaiting for us in the finals against Memphis East haha. Like your faith though!

Edited by SweetScience

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

Oak Ridge defeats Anderson County tonight by a score of 72 - 60. Seth Caldwell led the team with 24 points. OR is now 10 - 0 in District 3-AAA. The Cats have now won 72 straight district games

Tuesday the Cougars of Campbell County come a calling.

WOW! That's an incredible streak. You would think Powell, Karns or somebody could have caught them on an off night...

District 3-AAA Regular Season straight win # 73 was recoded tonight by a 89 - 54 victory over Campbell County. Oak Ridge is now 11 - 0 in District and can secure the championship Thursday at Karns.

Joe Kesterson bombed in 8 three balls to tie KevinSteen for second place on the single game all time list. Steve Younkin set the record with Nine 3s back in 2005,

Oak Ridge has not lost to Campbell County since 1999. That is 38 straight wins over the Cougars.

As usual, all of these interesting facts come from David Clary's twitter feed.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

Oak Ridge picked up District 3 - AAA Regular season win #76 in a row by defeating Halls 69 - 54.  Oak Ridge is now 17 - 5 overall and 13 - 0 in district

Not sure what happened but Levert Smith picked up two technical, one right after the other, and will miss the next two games .

Next game is Thursday at Campbell County followed by the always exciting battle with Fulton..

34 minutes ago, KnoxSportsMom said:

Can't wait to see Bearden play Oak Ridge in Regional play.  If I recall correctly, Oak Ridge has historically bested the Bulldogs.  Thoughts on that matchup this season?

I’ve seen Bearden play twice this year. They have one of the best shooters I’ve seen. It will be a good game for sure. 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, KnoxSportsMom said:

Can't wait to see Bearden play Oak Ridge in Regional play.  If I recall correctly, Oak Ridge has historically bested the Bulldogs.  Thoughts on that matchup this season?

There are a few more teams from District  4-AAA that can play with Oak Ridge so don't  

count on OR vs BHS. Anyway we have Fulton tonight and we are not at full strength.