Oak Ridge Wildcats 2017 - 2018

WilleTheWildcat

13 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

HELP WANTED...Oak Ridge is in need of a high school age male basketball player. Preferably 6'5" or taller. A big frame but can still run would ne ideal. If interested do not contact the school but quietly move to the city and do not violate any TSSAA rules.

You sound like a few unnamed Memphis teams now. :)

4 hours ago, Chinadog said:

Agreed, Second time that's happened, first time with #0. Not necessary. Coach should have put an end to that the first time. First time either of dunked in a game as well. Poor sportsmanship in my opinion.

Poor sportsmanship is right. It came off to me as just rubbing it in. But, it's what it's. 

Edited by SweetScience

How does this sound? OR lowers it's tution from say $1750 to $250, for students who will play sports at ORHS. OR, offer a class in "Sports Ethics" that any promising student/athelete can qualify for at ORHS with no regard as to where they live. OF course tuition would be waived.

Please excuse the rant, but the above and more is where I see where high school sports at and going at a very fast rate.  By the way; if the TSSAA tries intervention,  sue 'em into the stone age.

3 minutes ago, atrisk said:

How does this sound? OR lowers it's tution from say $1750 to $250, for students who will play sports at ORHS. OR, offer a class in "Sports Ethics" that any promising student/athelete can qualify for at ORHS with no regard as to where they live. OF course tuition would be waived.

Please excuse the rant, but the above and more is where I see where high school sports at and going at a very fast rate.  By the way; if the TSSAA tries intervention,  sue 'em into the stone age.

Win at all costs. That's the mentality in our sports culture today. 

23 minutes ago, atrisk said:

I could forward you the syllabus that Catholic uses for their "Sports Ethics" class. It would save the teacher/coach a ton of time.

All OR needs is to bring in more tuition athletes.

HAHAHAHA

18 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Win at all costs. That's the mentality in our sports culture today. 

It might be but I don't feel that way. I hope people understand I am a goofball and my HELP WANTED bit was meant to be funny. I would be greatly disappointed if Oak Ridge did try to violate the rules. I just consider Oak Ridge to be above cheating .

If you want to investigate  schools for cheating start with Blount County. Hold on, there is someone at the door. Well hello RebelWoman. OUCH! RW just hit me! She packs a punch!

Once again, I am joking about Blount County. I do not think they cheat and really don't care. I tend to worry about Oak Ridge and let other people worry about their team.