Oak Ridge Wildcats 2017 - 2018

WilleTheWildcat

1 hour ago, HOOPSGURU said:

Just curious why Oak Ridge is the underdog in this game? 

Good question, I hope my answer is just as good. I based my opinion on a article on Prep Hoops that said Baptist Prep (Ark) and Brentwood Academy were the two best teams in the semifinal round. Also, Baptist had beaten Melrose (not a good Memphis team), Ensworth and Christ Presbyterian School. Finally, I put a lot of faith in MAX PREP. MaxPrep had Baptist Prep ranked #238 Nationally and #6 in Arkansas. Oak Ridge is ranked #1738 Nationally and # 35 in Tennessee.

I guess my opinion was wrong because Oak Ridge Mighty Wildcats defeated Baptist Prep 71 - 64. 

Oak Ridge advances to the finals of the tournament by defeating Baptist Prep (Ark) 71 - 64. The Wildcats play Friday at 9:00 pm against the winner of Brentwood Academy vs Mt. Bethel (GA).

The Cats were led tonight by Herbert Booker's 16 points. Followed by Marcus Smith 3, Javonte Thomas 14, Levert Smith 7, Seth Caldwell 13, Joe Kesterson 9 and Caleb Martin 9.

Looks like the extended time off really has paid off for us, and getting all of our guys playing together (literally) for once. Green & Co got some good practice time in during the break it seems. We needed it. BA will be a very stiff test. How in the heck did they lose to Oakland? Or is Oakland that good? Will the game be streamed? I know WW said it would, but just checking.

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Looks like the extended time off really has paid off for us, and getting all of our guys playing together (literally) for once. Green & Co got some good practice time in during the break it seems. We needed it. BA will be a very stiff test. How in the heck did they lose to Oakland? Or is Oakland that good? Will the game be streamed? I know WW said it would, but just checking.

I just checked the tssaa.org website for the NFHS schedule of games and under the NXT Level Tournament for today they listed 3 games to be streamed, Oak Ridge vs Brentwood  Academy was NOT one of them. Why show every game in the entire tournament but not the Championship contest??? 

I guess David Clarey is the best best to follow the game if he puts it on. I will just follow his twitter feed.

16 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I just checked the tssaa.org website for the NFHS schedule of games and under the NXT Level Tournament for today they listed 3 games to be streamed, Oak Ridge vs Brentwood  Academy was NOT one of them. Why show every game in the entire tournament but not the Championship contest??? 

I guess David Clarey is the best best to follow the game if he puts it on. I will just follow his twitter feed.

Yeah, that's stupid.

1 hour ago, HOOPSGURU said:

Probably the same reason Diamond Clear Media is not allowed to stream games from Oak Ridge. 

Nope. Has nothing to do with diamond clear. Our football game against Catholic was streamed on NFHS. Why would the OR administration care about the team being streamed in a game in Nashville? The whole thing with us not wanting to be on Packer's games and diamond clear is because our football staff thinks it takes away from the focus of the team on the game (especially when the game is at home), that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. Has nothing to do with basketball. There may be other underlying issues I'm not aware of, but that was the initial reason.

Edited by SweetScience

Ouch. Now that was a dog stompin'. Glad that one is over with haha. Brentwood Academy is a great team. They play like that they will win state with ease in their division. We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight, but gotta give credit to BA for playing great D, too. Oh well. You're never as good on your best night and never as bad on your worst night and we were bad tonight. Hopefully this schedule we have played will pay off come playoff time. Congrats to BA , great team. I bet they shot at least 50% from the field tonight. Proud of our guys for never giving up.

Edited by SweetScience