Who wins new region 6 A

Jaychapman

6 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Perry County was at McKenzie. They beat 2nd place team from 11A on the road. Nice statement from 12A tonight. 

Huntingdon will beat Loretto

Summertown will beat Perry Co

1 team from 11A 1 team from 12A

Finals will be a war

Both teams will beat Houston Co and whoever finishes 2nd in that weak region

Want my lotto picks too?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Huntingdon will beat Loretto

Summertown will beat Perry Co

1 team from 11A 1 team from 12A

Finals will be a war

Both teams will beat Houston Co and whoever finishes 2nd in that weak region

Want my lotto picks too?

That was real tough !  Picking the number 1 and 4 ranked teams in the state to win.  Lol !  

15 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Loretto can really dirty up a game. They will be physical and if Huntingtondon is not used to that, it will cause them problems. I will not be surprised to see a Loretto upset, but I also woul dnot be surprised to see a HHS blow out either.

Huntingdon has a history of not finishing off teams when they have leads late.  It will be interesting to see if they have corrected that problem.  They are the better team IMO but if it is close late, you never know....

4 hours ago, BullShark said:

Huntingdon has a history of not finishing off teams when they have leads late.  It will be interesting to see if they have corrected that problem.  They are the better team IMO but if it is close late, you never know....

Only team the Fillies haven't finished off was Greenfield and it was over at the half. I've seen Loretta play and they are a tough determined bunch. Their a team I'm worried about. Pressure defenses have bothered us to some extent. We have the speed to make you pay for the pressure but sometimes get flustered. I must think it's going to be close cause I'm nervous as heck!

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, Vandychris said:

Im going with this
Huntingtondon
Loretto
Summertown
Perry County

PC, are you going to be in Lawrenceburg at all for the Region? Will you be there win or lose for your Lady Vikes?

You bet. I'll be there  even after tomorrow's game against Summertown. People may not remember but the Lady Vikings were up 31-22 on the Lady Eagles at Summertown and leading 46-44 going to the fourth period but unfortunately the Lady Eagles are that good and knocked down a ton of shots and won 67-58. Hate to say it but we will have to have the help from God all mighty to beat Summertown at Lawrenceburg tomorrow night. I hope we make it a game but I do know this, that Lady Vikings will give it there all. 

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, BullShark said:

Not really impressed by a 4 point win for Perry county at home over an average at best  McKenzie team.  Hopefully just nerves for the Lady Vikings!  Better improve a lot to beat the Fillies!

The officials called 20 fouls on the Lady Vikings to the Lady Rebels 10. PC was up by 12 the entire game but the Lady Rebels made a lot of shots that a lot of people say they don't normally make. Still the Girls made big free  throws when they needed to. I'm nervous about tomorrow's game but all in all just happy they made it to Lawrenceburg.

54 minutes ago, watchman72 said:

There are a few teams in 12A you NEVER look past and Perry Co is one of them. I’m sure Summertown is game prepping for them just like they would anyone. To not would be a mistake, IMHO. 

PC did play well the first game vs. Summertown. Second matchup at Perry County, Summertown obviously made a defensively game plan adjustment, was up by 30 I believe at halftime, won 71-34 and held Brooks to 8 points (I believe). I assure you, PC is not taken lightly, this time last year, Brooks went on a tear scoring 35+ points a game and single handedly carried them to the glass house.

16 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Only team the Fillies haven't finished off was Greenfield and it was over at the half. I've seen Loretta play and they are a tough determined bunch. Their a team I'm worried about. Pressure defenses have bothered us to some extent. We have the speed to make you pay for the pressure but sometimes get flustered. I must think it's going to be close cause I'm nervous as heck!

I am thinking specifically of tournament time last year.  Huntingdon struggled down the stretch to finish off Union City, Dresden, and TCA despite having very comfortable leads in the 4th qtr.  If I remember correctly, they blew a 10 point late 4th qtr lead on TCA and could have lost in regulation before regaining their composure and winning in OT.  Did not see these struggles in the regular season this year or last.  Hopefully, they are in the rear view mirror.