Who wins new region 6 A

Jaychapman

After watching the Huntingdon Fillies beat Gleason by 25 and Gibson Co by 19 on consecutive nights I think they are going to be a very tough out for anyone in region 6. These girls are long and can really run. Got 7 quality players that can play for anybody. Got Greenfield at home Tuesday night. The jackets are playing very well and it should be a great game. If the Fillies can beat the jackets then you better watch out!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

After watching the Huntingdon Fillies beat Gleason by 25 and Gibson Co by 19 on consecutive nights I think they are going to be a very tough out for anyone in region 6. These girls are long and can really run. Got 7 quality players that can play for anybody. Got Greenfield at home Tuesday night. The jackets are playing very well and it should be a great game. If the Fillies can beat the jackets then you better watch out!

It is good coaching and talented players!  Huntington is for real!

4 hours ago, BullShark said:

It is good coaching and talented players!  Huntington is for real!

Fillies are better this year then last years team who got beat in 1st round of state tourney. 3 different legimate leading scorers on any night. Very fast and athletic. 2 sophomores playing well off the bench. Greenfield and Gibson Co 2 tough tests next week to open the 2nd half

9 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Fillies are better this year then last years team who got beat in 1st round of state tourney. 3 different legimate leading scorers on any night. Very fast and athletic. 2 sophomores playing well off the bench. Greenfield and Gibson Co 2 tough tests next week to open the 2nd half

Saw Fillies in the Boro last year and they were the definition of shell shocked. They forgot everything that got them there and tried to rely on one player in a game they should have won easily.  I think this year is different and they have a ton of options that can score.  If they win Tuesday and then beat Gibson County again, which I think they will, look for them to go undefeated in the regular season.  District is VERY weak!

HuntingDon

8 hours ago, BullShark said:

Saw Fillies in the Boro last year and they were the definition of shell shocked. They forgot everything that got them there and tried to rely on one player in a game they should have won easily.  I think this year is different and they have a ton of options that can score.  If they win Tuesday and then beat Gibson County again, which I think they will, look for them to go undefeated in the regular season.  District is VERY weak!

HuntingDon

Well coached teams don't get shell shocked. We didn't have a clue what to do.

1 hour ago, BullShark said:

That is very true!  Did you see the game, Croppy?  Ya'll should have won that game by 20 plus points.  With the drawings, I had HuntingDon in the finals v South Green.

I was present and it was ugly. We got Greenfield at home tonight and I'm worried  about it. The jackets are playing outstanding ball now with Moore really stepping up. They've had some big wins over the holidays. Two very talented girls teams playing tonight so come on over.

Big game atmosphere at Huntingdon! Good crowd with coaches/players from Gibson Co, Dresden, Lexington, Gleason, along with college coaches and talent evaluators. Greenfield got a huge first half from Moore and Little, while Darby did work in the second half with Huntingdon face-guarding Moore. Fillies PG Smith had a big game also but she was the only Huntingdon player in double figures. She's a really tough competitor. Both teams are going to make alot of noise down the stretch.

4 hours ago, cradle2thegravelakersfan said:

Big game atmosphere at Huntingdon! Good crowd with coaches/players from Gibson Co, Dresden, Lexington, Gleason, along with college coaches and talent evaluators. Greenfield got a huge first half from Moore and Little, while Darby did work in the second half with Huntingdon face-guarding Moore. Fillies PG Smith had a big game also but she was the only Huntingdon player in double figures. She's a really tough competitor. Both teams are going to make alot of noise down the stretch.

Tremendous playoff type atmosphere.  I have to say I am shocked that the Fillies got the wood laid to them. Greenfield has the two best players on the floor by far, but Huntingdon is just so much deeper and has so much size.  With HuntingDon's Christmas performance, I thought they might roll Greenfield.  It may have worked the opposite way and made them overconfident because this game reminded me of the first round of last year's state tournament.

Fillies got schooled. Greenfield took our inside game away from us and we never adjusted. Never do! With the exception is Smith we don't score the ball well from the perimeter. We don't teach shooting technique in Fillie land. Greenfield on the other hand is talented and very well coached. The jackets are improving and are going be tough down the stretch.