COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS UNION CITY CLASS 2A SEMIFINALS

BulldawgsRise

The significance of this game is not lost on these starters and subs for CA. They learned from the experience at Greenback as Fr and So. And they learned from the experience with hosting South Pitt at home.  Lessons that were hard to come by in region 4 - 1A regular season. This is a “football smart” group of kids. They have re-calibrated with each experience and by playing up in 2A this year, the regular season has had a tremendous effect.  Their growth has been exponential.   Not sure playing in 1A regular season would have had the same effect... (notwithstanding the awesome season the Cornersville team has had this year.  Wouldn’t want to grab that bulldog’s tail right now).  Coach Lansdell has been a visionary from day one and he turned loose a coaching staff 5 years ago that always had the potential that is being manifested today. This is a “home grown” team beginning with kindergarten, and has never been more ready for this game.  Go Dawgs!

Edited by OldMain
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

With Union City you know what you're going to get.  According to the stats Donovan accessed Union runs at a 96% ratio.  That tells me they haven't changed much at all.  That's the reason they are where they're at. They have an identity and stick with it.  Fancy?  No.  A thing of beauty?  Yes.  I thought Union would be in this position but didn't think Columbia Academy would have the success they had this year.   I'll take Union City in this one.  Best of luck yall.

Very conservative ... I'd say 99.6% ratio ...:D

2 hours ago, OldMain said:

The significance of this game is not lost on these starters and subs for CA. They learned from the experience at Greenback as Fr and So. And they learned from the experience with hosting South Pitt at home.  Lessons that were hard to come by in region 4 - 1A regular season. This is a “football smart” group of kids. They have re-calibrated with each experience and by playing up in 2A this year, the regular season has had a tremendous effect.  Their growth has been exponential.   Not sure playing in 1A regular season would have had the same effect... (notwithstanding the awesome season the Cornersville team has had this year.  Wouldn’t want to grab that bulldog’s tail right now).  Coach Lansdell has been a visionary from day one and he turned loose a coaching staff 5 years ago that always had the potential that is being manifested today. This is a “home grown” team beginning with kindergarten, and has never been more ready for this game.  Go Dawgs!

Good post!... Coach Lansdell has been good for CA! Has brought smarts and especially disciplined football (very important) to CA boys; and it's paying off!

Best of Luck from your Southern Maury Co. neighbors down around MP tonight! We are pulling for ya!

Go Bulldogs!

• Like 1