OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

Maryville should be the standard to which everyone compares themselves. They play 3 potential state championship in the first half of the season. Any of those teams would mollywhop the 3 teams you mentioned. Just because they are 6A doesn't mean they are good. I'd much rather go 6-4 and make a run in the playoffs then go 10-0 and get upset in the 1st Round. Ask DB, it's not a good feeling

You guys got one of the quickest backs in the state on your roster, Gaddis will find a way to get him the ball, regardless of the quality of OL

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Maryville should be the standard to which everyone compares themselves. They play 3 potential state championship in the first half of the season. Any of those teams would mollywhop the 3 teams you mentioned. Just because they are 6A doesn't mean they are good. I'd much rather go 6-4 and make a run in the playoffs then go 10-0 and get upset in the 1st Round. Ask DB, it's not a good feeling

You guys got one of the quickest backs in the state on your roster, Gaddis will find a way to get him the ball, regardless of the quality of OL

# 8 tweeted that it is hard being a RB but playing WR.

3 hours ago, OR nole said:

Team picture came out today

https://www.oakridgefootball.net/varsity-roster.html

Glad to see #40 Jaxon Adams. Thought he was moving. Also, where did #66 come from. Big boy. Never heard of him.

7 more days till kick-off.

Yes, good to have Jaxon around.  He should be a big help.  #66 is a transfer from Texas and is a Soph.  Still lots of work to do to be ready for Hardin Valley.

1 hour ago, boyfromsi said:

Yes, good to have Jaxon around.  He should be a big help.  #66 is a transfer from Texas and is a Soph.  Still lots of work to do to be ready for Hardin Valley.

Texas? I sure hope he plays like those guys down there play. Too bad we can't get a  recruiting pipeline from Texas, Florida and Georgia. Just kidding, I like winning with local guys.

PRAYERS NEEDED...Tee Higgins has suffered a hamstring injury and is practicing in a yellow jersey. Coach Dabo says there is no timeline set for his return. You know I have a bromance with Tee so keep me in your prayers because this news is devastating.  JUST KIDDING. My guess is Tee will be fine but say a prayer anyway for him.

Caleb Martin sounds positive in his Tweets from Eastern Kentucky University. 

I just read an article on Harden Valley and it has me worried. The Hawks were 5 - 5 last season but those 5 defeats were by a total of 10 points. We beat them by one and they could have been 10 - 0 easily. They lost their great RB but the QB is supposed to be a stud. We will have our hands full next Thursday but RWR!

7 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Texas? I sure hope he plays like those guys down there play. Too bad we can't get a  recruiting pipeline from Texas, Florida and Georgia. Just kidding, I like winning with local guys.

PRAYERS NEEDED...Tee Higgins has suffered a hamstring injury and is practicing in a yellow jersey. Coach Dabo says there is no timeline set for his return. You know I have a bromance with Tee so keep me in your prayers because this news is devastating.  JUST KIDDING. My guess is Tee will be fine but say a prayer anyway for him.

Caleb Martin sounds positive in his Tweets from Eastern Kentucky University. 

I just read an article on Harden Valley and it has me worried. The Hawks were 5 - 5 last season but those 5 defeats were by a total of 10 points. We beat them by one and they could have been 10 - 0 easily. They lost their great RB but the QB is supposed to be a stud. We will have our hands full next Thursday but RWR!

The battle in the trenches will determine this one....our offensive line has lots of room for improvement and the defensive line is in the same boat. Our linemen would qualify in weight to play at the boys club.

44 minutes ago, catswild said:

The battle in the trenches will determine this one....our offensive line has lots of room for improvement and the defensive line is in the same boat. Our linemen would qualify in weight to play at the boys club.

Just be glad Knox Central isn't on your schedule. It was 21-21 at halftime against them in a scrimmage Tuesday in maryville. I know scrimmages don't tell much but they have a great receiver that can flat out burn you and their line is pretty big and gets the job done.

18 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Just be glad Knox Central isn't on your schedule. It was 21-21 at halftime against them in a scrimmage Tuesday in maryville. I know scrimmages don't tell much but they have a great receiver that can flat out burn you and their line is pretty big and gets the job done.

I never put much stock in scrimmages because you don't know how much coaches prepare for them or if they prepare at all. I really hope we play Central because that means we've reached the semifinals. Central may be pretty good but their road is easy compared to our team. They have to beat South Doyle and that's about it. We will have to likely beat West, Fulton (maybe twice), Soddy, Rhea County, and Catholic.

FOR THOSE OUT OF TOWNERS (like me), to watch the Oak Ridge vs Hardin Valley game, Thursday, Aug. 16, go to   rivalrythursday.com   scroll down to near the bottom and you will see a schedule of the games for the 2018 season  click on the Oak Ridge vs Hardin Valley game and a live stream of the game should come up   remember the games is 7pm eastern time.   David Clarey will also the audio of the game at     prepradio.com   you might want to go to that site  before Thursday and download an app  to insure you will be able to listen to the game.

I will repost all of this information sometime next week.   RWR! If you see I have made an error with the information post a correction please.