OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

11 hours ago, jeffyt said:

Looking forward to Thursday night, I am a cheer parent but really enjoy watching these young men mature and improve their skills every year! You can thank our sponsors and Cheer dads this year for the fresh set of cat tracks from the high school to the stadium.

Make sure to follow the ORHS cheerleaders on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

They did a meet the team daily post the past few days even including a bio on Wiley!

https://www.facebook.com/orhscheerleading

https://twitter.com/orhs_cheer

Roll Wildcats Roll!

I have been following and liking each Cheerleader profile on Tweeter. I have also on several occasions expressed the idea Wiley should be in the Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Fame.

Welcome to the CoachT board and and have a blast this season. I look forward to coming to Oak Ridge from Chattanooga to drive along the Path of Wildcat Paws to the Ship.

• Like 1

Long time reader of the T... finally decided to create an account and post... followed many years as an alum and fan from Sullivan South in Kingsport... now a proud fan of HVA... good friend of BC from Alcoa... happy to step in and be a voice for HVA.

I believe Thursday night has all the makings of a classic similar to last year which was quite entertaining! Biased... but I give the edge to the home team with a little more experience and bigger men up front (big enough anyway). Everyone is focused on losing Dykes (and he was phenomenal) but sleeping on the many talented players returning on both sides of the ball.

HVA 28 OR 21

23 hours ago, HTV said:

HVA is one of those schools where the coaches of various sports don't like to share athletes, and with some to the point where they are flat out told that by playing football it damages the chances of getting PT in other sports.  It's been that was in particular with baseball players, as they play a significant fall schedule (unofficially, of course) and those kids know if they aren't there in the fall then they don't play in the spring.  Be interesting to see the new baseball coach's philosophy there.  

Unfortunately there are a few area schools in this same situation, and it's a shame, really.  It's just not fair to the kids.  

Yeah, I don't understand that reasoning, at all.

2 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Long time reader of the T... finally decided to create an account and post... followed many years as an alum and fan from Sullivan South in Kingsport... now a proud fan of HVA... good friend of BC from Alcoa... happy to step in and be a voice for HVA.

I believe Thursday night has all the makings of a classic similar to last year which was quite entertaining! Biased... but I give the edge to the home team with a little more experience and bigger men up front (big enough anyway). Everyone is focused on losing Dykes (and he was phenomenal) but sleeping on the many talented players returning on both sides of the ball.

HVA 28 OR 21

Welcome aboard the CoachT train! :thumb:

Hawks air force will fly too high for the kitty's to catch.

tumblr_oayxfuYw5Y1rc7zl1o1_500.gif

92, no it hasn't come out yet, not sure if they even bother anymore.  The OakRidger Newspaper is on life support and barely hanging on.  I saw your other post, Jefferson beat Loudon 30-0.  Norris at Blankenship this Thursday 6:00. Yep, Thursday! The game is being played DURING the Oak Ridge at Hardin Valley season  opener!  Same for Robertsville, they are at CAK during the OR game.  Makes zero sense at all, unbelievable lack of attention to detail.  Play the games on Sat., not that difficult!

3 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

HVA 28 OR 21

Welcome  to the Board. My freshmen roommate at UTK was a grad of Sullivan South so I like your old school. Good points in your first post. 

One area few people have mentioned is Special Teams. OR will be debuting new kickers and punters. No idea how they will do but we ALWAYS find and develop quality kickers. So I have no worries their. Our return game should be impressive due to the several athletes we could put back their. Our coverage team will also have athletes and nastiness but we still need to see how they tackle in the open field.

How do you expect HVA's Special Team to play???

I will pick a score on Wednesday.

27 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

How do you expect HVA's Special Team to play???

Same kicking squad that came up 1 point short last year (technically he made 3 out of the 4 he had to kick trying to tie at the end - crazy finish!). Graduated our best return guy but next-man-up should be just fine - not sure we have quite the razzle and dazzle to compare to Graham though.  Expecting two fast offenses pushing hard against two stingy defenses most of the night - so special teams just might be the difference in the end. 

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

92, no it hasn't come out yet, not sure if they even bother anymore.  The OakRidger Newspaper is on life support and barely hanging on.  I saw your other post, Jefferson beat Loudon 30-0.  Norris at Blankenship this Thursday 6:00. Yep, Thursday! The game is being played DURING the Oak Ridge at Hardin Valley season  opener!  Same for Robertsville, they are at CAK during the OR game.  Makes zero sense at all, unbelievable lack of attention to detail.  Play the games on Sat., not that difficult!

Thank you. All the local papers are becoming a joke. 

Clinton middle plays Thursday night also, but of course I'll be watching you guys plays HVA. I Don't know what's going on over there in the ridge, but I agree 100% and play those two middle school games on a Saturday.  

13 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Thank you. All the local papers are becoming a joke. 

Revenue has dried up. At this point, people are writing for local papers not to pay the bills, but simply for the love of writing. As a result, it's awful to see what has happened to prep sports coverage in the area. It's nearly non-existent in print locally, and outside of Thursday/Friday nights in the fall, it gets minimal coverage on the local news.

The T is a great resource, and it continues to thrive because of Jim and the large network of active users. Also makes me appreciate what the Diamond Clear Media guys are doing, even if some of them are painful to listen to.

First games are always full of unknowns, like last years game at OR.  I expect it to be a low possession game, with both sides moving the ball on drives, some scores, some not. Kicking game will be important and can OR stop the run, and can HVA prevent the big explosive plays. Turnovers of course could change the game either way.  Lets hope the Cats send Mark Packer home unhappy.