OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

Kinda of a sloppy game but the Cats win, all that counts. HV scored with 20 seconds left in the game with their 1's against our 2's. 

WWA shirts are back ..... going to 1 on defense and 13 on offense.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Edited by bounder

Man, that was ugly, but I will take it. Typical first game. Having 3 Sophomores starting on the line that had never seen any varsity action, as well as another first year starter was tough, but they did pretty good with all of that said. They will only get better. Was really disappointed in HVA OL, being that it was SR laden. Our front, which is made up of a lot of underclassmen whipped them all night. Was not impressed with their SR QB either. Also, where were all of those great athletes @ WR I was hearing about? They were shut down by our secondary, and all but non existent the whole game. That OL should be ashamed of themselves. That was supposed to be a strength of that team, and they got manhandled. It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. Wished we could've kept the shutout, but getting a lot of those 2nd teamers in will only help us in the long run. That's what has made Maryville so good through the years. When they get a sizable lead they always put in backups and get them quality action, which builds depth, not only for whatever season they're playing, but in the years to come as well.

38 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Man, that was ugly, but I will take it. Typical first game. Having 3 Sophomores starting on the line that had never seen any varsity action, as well as another first year starter was tough, but they did pretty good with all of that said. They will only get better. Was really disappointed in HVA OL, being that it was SR laden. Our front, which is made up of a lot of underclassmen whipped them all night. Was not impressed with their SR QB either. Also, where were all of those great athletes @ WR I was hearing about? They were shut down by our secondary, and all but non existent the whole game. That OL should be ashamed of themselves. That was supposed to be a strength of that team, and they got manhandled. It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. Wished we could've kept the shutout, but getting a lot of those 2nd teamers in will only help us in the long run. That's what has made Maryville so good through the years. When they get a sizable lead they always put in backups and get them quality action, which builds depth, not only for whatever season they're playing, but in the years to come as well.

Agreed, SS. I wasn't impressed with HVA's offense at all.

Did I see #12 punting a couple of times? Also, #21 had a great run and #6 provides quality depth. # 26 had some great hits on special teams and I bet he gets a shirt from Bounder soon. On Tweeter they are saying HVA  only rushed for 27 yards. We might have a very special defense this season. The young DL did their job, the LBs cleaned up the Hawks running plays and the Wildcat DBs covered like cray cray.

Next week will be a totally different monster facing our Wildcats. Kingsport will be much bigger, stronger and faster then HVA.  Plus, their Band will be a tough match up for our Wildcat Band.  Got to think positive though and RWR!

5 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Did I see #12 punting a couple of times? Also, #21 had a great run and #6 provides quality depth. # 26 had some great hits on special teams and I bet he gets a shirt from Bounder soon. On Tweeter they are saying HVA  only rushed for 27 yards. We might have a very special defense this season. The young DL did their job, the LBs cleaned up the Hawks running plays and the Wildcat DBs covered like cray cray.

Next week will be a totally different monster facing our Wildcats. Kingsport will be much bigger, stronger and faster then HVA.  Plus, their Band will be a tough match up for our Wildcat Band.  Got to think positive though and RWR!

Gaddis better do something about the kicking game because it's awful. I told you guys the offensive line would struggle, especially early. I hope the injuries aren't too bad. I love the way the defense played and the offense improved in the second half.  We have breakaway speed (Graham)!!!!  I'll take the win but DB worries me.

Edited by catswild

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Tough loss for my Hawks last night... certainly not the way this group of seniors wanted to start their last run.  Kudos to the OR coaches and players... fought through some week 1 and wet ball challenges early on to come out victorious.  Speed kills and that certainly was a difference maker last night.  I agree that your young linemen did a great job making opportunities for OR QB and the many other skill players to flex their talent.  OR #1 was lights out and impressive all night long.  HVA had its moments but certainly has a lot to work on this week before facing another tough defensive opponent.  

Felt like the Hawks had their opportunities to get back in the game several times - even after the long run by OR #8 (wow... jus wow!).  Offense obviously has to step up and the OC has got to find a way to move the ball on the ground.  You know you are in trouble when the best run play in your playbook is QB draw.  HVA defense definitely looked better than the O, but have to work on limiting the big plays.

Blessings to the OR Wildcats on your season!  Very impressed with what I saw last night and think you guys have some great promise for a historic year.  Go expose those Indians to help us prep for week 9!  Heads up Hawks... learn from this game and get better - let's go beat those West Rebels!  #GoHawks