8AA

UTRok

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Macon county eliminated. Smith plays UHS and LA and Watertown. Not sure many folks had these as the final 4 in the district tournament. I did not. Watertown is on a 4 game district winning streak and has won 5 of the last 7 district games. They lost 59-62 to LA on Feb 2nd. Should be a couple of decent games today.

On 2/10/2018 at 4:57 PM, Dexter10 said:

Who you got in the first and second round this year.          Watertown andDekalb will be a great game Dekalb won both regular season games but I got Watertown in this one and think they will give Macon a very close game as well.    Smith should beat Cannon but you never know with them and could move on against York as well since there injuries will probably hurt them in the tournament.  Got Watertown and Smith going to the region

This is what I thought their the four most athletic teams in the district two of them under achieved but may be getting hot at the right time but think the higher seeds are probably going to win today unless they come out flat and who knows Smith or Watertown have had a few games this year when they shot the ball great  be fun to see how it turns out

UHS over LA 53-52. In my opinion if you we're going to beat UHS this was the year to do it. MVP and 2 other all tourney team are freshmen big kid 6' 5" is a freshman. They lose 2 seniors only one started part of the season. If this group stays together they may win a few more. 

19 minutes ago, UTRok said:

UHS over LA 53-52. In my opinion if you we're going to beat UHS this was the year to do it. MVP and 2 other all tourney team are freshmen big kid 6' 5" is a freshman. They lose 2 seniors only one started part of the season. If this group stays together they may win a few more. 

They have three seniors, but you are correct, only one starts.  One of the other ones is the first post sub and he had a really nice game tonight.

23 minutes ago, UTRok said:

Are any of them from Baxter?  Upperman & Monterey seem to be benefiting from those big nice new schools! Attracting kids from all over putnam & even Overton counties.

They all went to middle school in Putman county. So yes all from here. 7 of the freshmen played together at Prescott middle school last year and they choose to attend Upperman High School. Not sure exactly where they live. I live in Baxter and my son goes to Prescott. So not sure where they're from plays a large part of it with Putman having open enrollment. For as long as I can remember when you have nice facilities. quality academics and win you attract students.

Edited by UTRok

20 minutes ago, Dingerdad said:

Are any of them from Baxter?  Upperman & Monterey seem to be benefiting from those big nice new schools! Attracting kids from all over putnam & even Overton counties.

I saw you made the same comments on the 6A thread and I can only assume what you're implying, so I'll bite.  The town of Baxter only has about 1,400 residents (for comparison, Monterey has twice as many residents), so if there were a "Baxter" high school, it would be one of the smallest single A schools in the state and certainly not double A in size.   However, Upperman High School traditionally pulls from the western third of Putnam County (it is a county school) and there are many more rooftops there.  Also, Upperman High School is over 15 years old.

14 minutes ago, UTRok said:

They all went to middle school in Putman county. So yes all from here. 7 of the freshmen played together at Prescott middle school last year and they choose to attend Upperman High School. Not sure exactly where they live. I live in Baxter and my son goes to Prescott. So not sure where they're from plays a large part of it with Putman having open enrollment. For as long as I can remember when you have nice facilities. quality academics and win you attract students.

He just tryin to stir the pot UTR! He done been on 6A thread whining! Congrats to Upperman!