#1 Greeneville vs Springfield 4a Championship!!!

DevilMan03

On 12/2/2017 at 6:33 PM, tradertwo said:

We have a weight room at Scotts Hill...I wasn't being defensive because my team lost (not my team), just letting you know what I think of people who bad mouth kids. Springfield's players wanted that championship just as badly as your kids, and worked hard to get where they were...no need for some small minded moron to heap on their disappointment by calling them "trash"...what a jerk!

Springfield would finish probably 4th in Greeneville's conference, behind Greeneville, Elizabethton and Sullivan South. So if that's the best from the west, yes it was terrible football. I understand kids worked hard we are all proud... yada yada yada..... I'm a jerk... yada yada yada... here's your participation trophy. Anderson County should've been in Cookeville playing Greeneville!  

11 hours ago, FreeAgent11 said:

Man, you really picking us apart on the commentary.   We don't normally see a huge line "across the board" at the smaller schools.   I guess I should of said the average weight of your lineman is pretty big for a 4A school.   Sorry if we didn't word it right.   Sure, you do see some bigger lineman in the smaller classes, but you'll often see a couple of 200 lb guys mixed in.  

nah, i wasnt picking you apart. If i had been picking you apart i would have said something like...... " instead of saying Greeneville MIGHT be the best team you saw up here all weekend, why didnt you say that Greeneville was CLEARLY HEADS AND TAILS ABOVE ANY TEAM WE SAW UP HERE AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE. THIS TEAM COULD HAVE BEATEN ANY SCHOOL IN THE UNITED STATES THIS WEEKEND THEY WERE SO GOOD"......:mrgreen:....

1 hour ago, bigGreene95 said:

Springfield would finish probably 4th in Greeneville's conference, behind Greeneville, Elizabethton and Sullivan South. So if that's the best from the west, yes it was terrible football. I understand kids worked hard we are all proud... yada yada yada..... I'm a jerk... yada yada yada... here's your participation trophy. Anderson County should've been in Cookeville playing Greeneville!  

thats debatable  bigGreene.....i think springfield and S,South are probably even and as we saw with haywoiod on a given night springfield might even beat Betsy .....MIGHT.....but they could play the devils 100 times and never sniff the win column...,,,( im channeling my inner devilman03)

9 hours ago, FreeAgent11 said:

I'll honestly say we were attempting to be very complimentary of your ball team.   We love Coach Ballard.   Never in a million years thought a comment that was meant to be praise would be twisted around as insulting.    Glad football season is over......  Good luck to the Devils next year although I don't think they'll need any luck.

no no  no bud, i certainly didnt think you were insulting greeneville at all and i even finished the comment with " just curious"...and im still curious what classification has to do with the size of an OL....I understand that the more kids a school has, the more they have to choose from...but my potentially misinformed thinking is/was no matter how many kids a school has, there's generally almost always alot of really large or atleast heavy kids that play on the team...you can just about look at any high school football team anywhere, regardless of enrollment and see a few "well fed" kids on the sidelines that dont even play ...anyway, i didnt mean for my comment to spark such a reaction, i was genuinely just curious...and you guys do a bang up job by the way, preeshate what you do

55 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

BVD,just watched you meet coach Majors.Awesome vid.You made the call on the AD getting fired on the other vid as well.

now we need fulmer to get us a good coach....word is he's after one of these five

Chad Morris.......smu

Kevin Steele....aub. def. coord.

Mel Tucker.....uga DC

Brent Venables....Clemson DC

Les Miles..............of these five I would be ok with any of them to a degree but my preference would be Miles then Steele, Venables, Morris and Tucker

18 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

now we need fulmer to get us a good coach....word is he's after one of these five

Chad Morris.......smu

Kevin Steele....aub. def. coord.

Mel Tucker.....uga DC

Brent Venables....Clemson DC

Les Miles..............of these five I would be ok with any of them to a degree but my preference would be Miles then Steele, Venables, Morris and Tucker

Funny,I said at work the other day that I wouldn't mind if we got Miles.Need a coach that has proven he can do the Job and he has .

20 hours ago, bigGreene95 said:

One last time, as straightforward as I can say it...and no, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck by doing it this way...just seems as if I can't leave anything to the imagination.

1 I'm not a Springfield fan.

2 If they weren't very good I don't care (refer to #1), but kids are not trash.

3 the "proud" part of your post doesn't include me (again...refer to #1).

4 If the post that said that they were trash was one of your 13, you ARE a jerk...if you were not the one, I never said that you were a jerk...said the guy who posted that was, and hope that you stick around long enough to figure out some of the folk's character who have been around awhile.

5 Anderson County probably was better than anyone in the west, but it's not like the best two teams in a classification were from the same side of the state never has happened before...it doesn't concern me either way (refer again to #1).

In case that doesn't clarify it enough, my post did not concern either team playing in that game, it strictly was about someone bad mouthing innocent kids...period. This was the third or fourth post with me attempting to establish the intent of what I said or to whom I said it, and it is the last one on the matter.

Since I went into such detail for you, I'd like to know what the weightroom comment was supposed to mean...I couldn't connect those dots at all.

13 hours ago, tradertwo said:

One last time, as straightforward as I can say it...and no, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck by doing it this way...just seems as if I can't leave anything to the imagination.

1 I'm not a Springfield fan.

2 If they weren't very good I don't care (refer to #1), but kids are not trash.

3 the "proud" part of your post doesn't include me (again...refer to #1).

4 If the post that said that they were trash was one of your 13, you ARE a jerk...if you were not the one, I never said that you were a jerk...said the guy who posted that was, and hope that you stick around long enough to figure out some of the folk's character who have been around awhile.

5 Anderson County probably was better than anyone in the west, but it's not like the best two teams in a classification were from the same side of the state never has happened before...it doesn't concern me either way (refer again to #1).

In case that doesn't clarify it enough, my post did not concern either team playing in that game, it strictly was about someone bad mouthing innocent kids...period. This was the third or fourth post with me attempting to establish the intent of what I said or to whom I said it, and it is the last one on the matter.

Since I went into such detail for you, I'd like to know what the weightroom comment was supposed to mean...I couldn't connect those dots at all.

Trader your a standup individual. I'm not taking those comments that where made to heart. It seems like the Greeneville followers on here like to really talk bad about other teams and thats fine by me. However I will not put all of the greeneville faithful on here in that category because some of them are really cool people and i met several people at the game that where really humble. Fact of the matter is they had a better football team. It is what it is, so yea talk it up while your on top. I always said if you can back it up no harm in my book. Where we the second best team in 4a? Probably not but TSSAAA makes the bracket and you have to beat the team you play to advance and we done that. So how can you get on here and make fun of us for doing exactly what your supposed to do and survive and advance? To say we did not deserve to be there is just plain ignorant.  As far as weight room goes..I am sure after seeing you guys get to play on artificial surface for home games obviously greeneville probably has a very nice weight room. For many years are weight room consisted of a locker room with 2 weight benches and one squat area. Thats all we had. Now we got a building that houses 2 wrestling mats and we do have more weights and stations but its nothing extravagant. We dont really have a quote unquote strength and conditioning coach. We do put in work with what we got. I would love if they would allow us to spend and upgrade facilities. heck up until this year we always played home games at the middle school across town, we finally got us a new stadium at the high school. This is now a woe is me post just stating some facts and my point is Springfield football is headed back in the right direction. It was a honor to play in state even though we got beat badly. All those so called deserving teams would have loved to been able to play even if they got their butts whooped.