Cain Ridge vs. Mairvul

STARSNBARS

11 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

I wouldn’t necessarily agree that we had a whale of a time containing them. They only managed 184 total yards and 87 of them came off of one long TD run. Our offense and special teams just kept putting our defense in horrible positions. Those three red zone possession where we came up with zero points did more damage than their speed did. Rayshad shut their star receiver down and got a pick.  Maryville has much better special teams and a way more explosive offense than we have. I’m torn; I kinda want Cane Ridge to win but if I was betting on this game I’d have to pick Maryville by at least two scores. Not trying to take anything away from CR but we can’t ignore that elephant in the room. I hope it’s a good competitive game tho but from what I saw CR is gonna have to play lights out and to get outta that single high safety defense or Maryville QB is gonna rip them to shreds. 

MyTV30.com site must hv been tripping! If Rayshad is #1, he was getting broke off by #6 of CR. And with the pick, he was on #2, the freshman. That was a homer statement for those he was not watching the game. #1 and # 26 were getting beat so bad, they moved WH #6 over CR #6 and played #1 at safety high. Btw, did u see were #1 got touched by CR defense 1 time and just went and sat on the bench like them dudes hitting. Would not even take the cup of water. Lol! What i seen is WH's #2, #11 and #27 (grown man) were legit! Does Maryville hv any studs that compare?

14 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Some of us are very happy that Savion Davis was named Mr. Football this year!  Young man worked VERY hard to earn it on a team that was NOT suppose to do as well as it did this year. 

His performance against Mt Juliet alone was worth it to me.   LOL

Savion, Thank You for all your hard work this season.  It's nice to see a R'dale player getting it again.

LOD, no disrespect intended toward Riverdale. I have always liked Riverdale and I am glad to see them doing well again. My comment was just because I have seen both play and I think there is a clear-cut choice for who is the top-performer, and I hated to see Hopkins miss out. That may be why they don't ask my opinion though :D

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Only 14 pages on the championship game thread and it's four days away. Guess I need to liven things up with a William Blount Joke.

He rings up the sale and says, “That will be $25.50.”

Shad says, “But didn’t you say it was $20.00?”

He says, “Yes Sir, the rod and reel is $20.00, the duck call is $3.00, and the stink bait is $2.50.”

:roflolk:

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Only 14 pages on the championship game thread and it's four days away. Guess I need to liven things up with a William Blount Joke.

Shad goes into a fishing store to buy a rod and reel. He doesn’t know which one to get so he just grabs one and goes over to the register. There is an associate standing there with dark shades on.

He says, “Excuse me sir, can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?”

He says, “Sir I’m blind but if you will drop it on the counter I can tell you everything you need to know about it from the sound that it makes.”

Shad didn’t believe him, but dropped it on the counter anyway.

He said, “That’s a 6′ graphite rod with a Zebco 202 reel and 10 lb. test line. It’s a good all around rod and reel and it’s $20.00”.

Shad says, “That’s amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I think it’s what I’m looking for so I’ll take it.”

He walks behind the counter to the register, and in the meantime Shad lets a fart. At first he is embarrassed but then realizes that there is no way he could tell it was him being blind he wouldn’t know that he was the only person around.

He rings up the sale and says, “That will be $25.50.”

Shad says, “But didn’t you say it was $20.00?”

He says, “Yes Sir, the rod and reel is $20.00, the duck call is $3.00, and the stink bait is $2.50.”

LOL!

11 hours ago, theWhiteOwl said:

MyTV30.com site must hv been tripping! If Rayshad is #1, he was getting broke off by #6 of CR. And with the pick, he was on #2, the freshman. That was a homer statement for those he was not watching the game. #1 and # 26 were getting beat so bad, they moved WH #6 over CR #6 and played #1 at safety high. Btw, did u see were #1 got touched by CR defense 1 time and just went and sat on the bench like them dudes hitting. Would not even take the cup of water. Lol! What i seen is WH's #2, #11 and #27 (grown man) were legit! Does Maryville hv any studs that compare?

CR had 184 total yads for the game. One run, the TD, went for 87 yards. That leaves 97 yards for the rest of the entire game. #1 held his own and then some. Don't confuse the DC changing coverages to think he was trying to save #1 from covering #6. That's just plain ole silliness. Havengrad04 was correct in his assessment ... nothing homerish about it. That was a game with studs all ober the field on both sides of the ball.  #1 didn't have anything to hold his head down about. He did a spectacular job. 

I'm glad you watched the game. It's amazing what people focus on when they watch. One person sees one thing, another person see something totally different. That's what makes it so interesting. Back to Maryville vs Cane Ridge ... Whitehaven is focused on Baskeball now, like every other 6A program in the state not named Maryville or Cane Ridge.

Edited by kwc

14 hours ago, theWhiteOwl said:

Yeah I seen this comment and  someone wasn’t watching the game, bc that vandy commit didn’t shut anyone down, #6 was given him the business so bad the coach moved him to safety 

4 hours ago, kwc said:

CR had 184 total yads for the game. One run, the TD, went for 87 yards. That leaves 97 yards for the rest of the entire game. #1 held his own and then some. Don't confuse the DC changing coverages to think he was trying to save #1 from covering #6. That's just plain ole silliness. Havengrad04 was correct in his assessment ... nothing homerish about it. That was a game with studs all ober the field on both sides of the ball.  #1 didn't have anything to hold his head down about. He did a spectacular job. 

I'm glad you watched the game. It's amazing what people focus on when they watch. One person sees one thing, another person see something totally different. That's what makes it so interesting. Back to Maryville vs Cane Ridge ... Whitehaven is focused on Baskeball now, like every other 6A program in the state not named Maryville or Cane Ridge.

Man KMC U need stop fronting... the true reason CR didn’t have a lot of yards was bc Whitehaven front 7 play great... they was getting pressure on CR QB.. Whitehaven db’s Can’t cover...if  CR line would have any kind of u guys DB would have been burnt toast... so give credit to the D line & LB bc they make yalls db’s look good. 

Just now, RavenNation2016 said:

Man KMC U need stop fronting... the true reason CR didn’t have a lot of yards was bc Whitehaven front 7 play great... they was getting pressure on CR QB.. Whitehaven db’s Can’t cover...if  CR line would have any kind of u guys DB would have been burnt toast... so give credit to the D line & LB bc they make yalls db’s look good. 

Time

5 hours ago, RavenNation2016 said:

RavenNation2016, no fronting here. The Whitehaven DBs can cover. The Whitehaven front 7 is/are very good as well. The DC is the genius. He does a very good job of mixing coverages and changing defensive alignments for the guys on the field to make plays. 

However, this is a Cane Ridge/Maryville thread and I want to be repectful of that. You have your opinion. I have mine. We can agree to disagree on the Whitehaven DBs coverage skills.

I'm pulling for the Ravens!

Edited by kwc