3A STATE TITLE GAME - ALCOA VS COVINGTON

CHARGERFAN

1 minute ago, bglass said:

I knew we’d need to play near perfect and we didn’t our first two turnovers resulted in 14 for Alcoa and we couldn’t recover. Congrats to Alcoa your guys are super disciplined on defense and carry out their blocks on offense like no team we have played .

Alcoa has played some great teams the year and Covington is one of them at the top. Definitely the best 3A team Alcoa has played. Tell you son and his teammates the Alcoa community was very impressed with their performance  in the Championship game. One of better teams Alcoa has played in the championship game.

Congratulations Chargers!

25 minutes ago, bglass said:

I knew we’d need to play near perfect and we didn’t our first two turnovers resulted in 14 for Alcoa and we couldn’t recover. Congrats to Alcoa your guys are super disciplined on defense and carry out their blocks on offense like no team we have played .

Good Team, good fans and looked like great community support. Congrats to all the Covington kids on a great season.

48 minutes ago, bglass said:

Covington was the real deal! Great game! Yours should do well at the next level! :thumb:

Depth for Alcoa is gonna make it hard for any 3a team to ever beat them. We lost two senior defensive lineman in pre season that would have helped last night. We basically play about 24 kids not counting special teams. We have Qb and both running backs coming back but are losing 12 seniors that played almost every down since they were sophomores. 

Congratulations to the Alcoa Tornadoes on their state-leading 16th State Championship.  There were times this year where people wondered could Alcoa win a state title.  Their Mr. Football Award Winner was dismissed from the team over the summer.  Another potential "playmaker" ended up playing in GA.  Many "experts" across the state felt that Pearl-Cohn was probably the best football team in 3A this year.  I even made the remark a few weeks ago that "if you're going to get Alcoa it had better be this year."  

Their coaches and fan base have to be extremely excited about the outlook of the 2018 team.  I was looking at their roster in the program yesterday.  They'll be the unanimous pick to win 3A next season.  

2 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Congratulations to the Alcoa Tornadoes on their state-leading 16th State Championship.  There were times this year where people wondered could Alcoa win a state title.  Their Mr. Football Award Winner was dismissed from the team over the summer.  Another potential "playmaker" ended up playing in GA.  Many "experts" across the state felt that Pearl-Cohn was probably the best football team in 3A this year.  I even made the remark a few weeks ago that "if you're going to get Alcoa it had better be this year."  

Their coaches and fan base have to be extremely excited about the outlook of the 2018 team.  I was looking at their roster in the program yesterday.  They'll be the unanimous pick to win 3A next season.  

The future is definitely bright. Most thought that because Alcoa was starting freshmen was a direct reflection of the loss of talent and depth on the team.However, those young men are just that good. I think it was evident yesterday. :thumb: