District 1A

IMDog

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, DukeDodgers said:

Right now Unaka is looking like the best team.  Hampton has started with a lot of loses but have played a very hard schedule.  Cloudland has looked good.  Hard to tell about North Greene.  They are pretty good but have played a weak schedule so far other than South Greene.

I agree Duke I've watched most teams in region play thus far, I see Unaka being at top at this point. they have about four girls that can shoot well from outside then a couple pretty good post players, if they are shooting well they can beat anyone in conference by double digits if they are off then they can lose to anyone by double digits and then cloudland is a close second imo..Hampton is not deep at all, they can play very well for a quarter or two then they go downhill quickly  the only one I haven't seen is NG yet but they will be hard to beat especially on the road, will be a very exciting year with some very good competition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, THE KING said:

Hampton wins over the lady rangers.  I had a feeling this would happen

I was thinking the same way king, I watched this one and Unaka, went 5 for 13 from foul line and shot around 30 percent from the field..i'm surprised they didn't get beat by 20 or more. it was an ugly outing to say the least, but it had a lot to do with Hampton too ,playing discipline D and smart and I wouldn't expect anything other wise from the Dogs in big games.

On 12/23/2017 at 9:46 AM, THE KING said:

District one is proving once again to be a showcase for elite basketball.  I'm looking for a fierce battle for the number one seed and a representation in the state tournament

Not trying to be disrespectful. But district one is way down this year. Hampton losing to Happy Valley was very surprising. District 3 is down as well besides Tellico and maybe Wartburg. I would expect those 2 to respect Region 2

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

They're not way down.  Unaka stayed close to south Greene at their house and cloudland nearly took down avery who is a gold ball favorite in NC

When Meigs came to Happy Valley earlier in the year and beat HV by 40 and could of beat them by 60 if the coaches wanted to. And I watched Cloudland play as well. And they looked to be way down IMO. Maybe I am wrong. How many players did South Greene lose from tast years team?

23 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

When Meigs came to Happy Valley earlier in the year and beat HV by 40 and could of beat them by 60 if the coaches wanted to. And I watched Cloudland play as well. And they looked to be way down IMO. Maybe I am wrong. How many players did South Greene lose from tast years team?

I'd hardly call being 12-3 way down.  I don't think district 1 will win a gold ball this year but we have some pretty good basketball teams.  One of them will make it to state

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

I'd hardly call being 12-3 way down.  I don't think district 1 will win a gold ball this year but we have some pretty good basketball teams.  One of them will make it to state

I'm just saying what I saw on the floor looked to be down. Happy Valley beats Hampton. Hampton beats Unaka. Just seems to me it's down. And you may be right about one going to state. The exit of SG Northview and Meigs will help that a lot. And considering Region 2 seems to be down as well besides Tellico.